Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

Caverns was pretty sick. It was so cold outside the cave, but super comfy once we got inside. Humid. Backside of the venue was preferable, slight incline. Could see the lights full blast. I like Red Rocks better, but this is a solid venue. 

w3wLgCu.jpg
3F1AWPw.jpgDU76DLW.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Caverns was pretty sick. It was so cold outside the cave, but super comfy once we got inside. Humid. Backside of the venue was preferable, slight incline. Could see the lights full blast. I like Red Rocks better, but this is a solid venue. 

w3wLgCu.jpg
3F1AWPw.jpgDU76DLW.jpg

Good acoustics, I presume? I've never seen a shot of the entrance before. Never really thought about it but for some reason am surprised to see it so open to the outside.

59 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Good acoustics, I presume? I've never seen a shot of the entrance before. Never really thought about it but for some reason am surprised to see it so open to the outside.

Sound was near perfect. They packed us in there. My wife said it was like the party in Zion from one of the Matrix movies. I said, except no one is sexy and it’s just a bunch of fat bearded guys. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Sound was near perfect. They packed us in there. My wife said it was like the party in Zion from one of the Matrix movies. I said, except no one is sexy and it’s just a bunch of fat bearded guys. 

You and your wife sound like a lot of fun to "party" with, if you catch my drift...

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

You and your wife sound like a lot of fun to "party" with, if you catch my drift...

We did get asked to move by a couple rolling their balls off so they had more room to dance. We told them, nicely, to **** off. The place was packed, I don’t give a s*** if you want to dance...go to the mouth of the cave if you want to spin around in circles. He kept rubbing my back, and had he done it again, it might’ve gotten ugly—we relocated because they were simply awful. Like, I appreciate your vibe or whatever, but I’m not on molly, so I really don’t want some stranger rubbing my back. 

• Haha 2

We did get asked to move by a couple rolling their balls off so they had more room to dance. We told them, nicely, to **** off. The place was packed, I don’t give a s*** if you want to dance...go to the mouth of the cave if you want to spin around in circles. He kept rubbing my back, and had he done it again, it might’ve gotten ugly—we relocated because they were simply awful. Like, I appreciate your vibe or whatever, but I’m not on molly, so I really don’t want some stranger rubbing my back. 

Yeah, I'm team shocks on that. A lot of us have been there before but that doesn't make it any less annoying or unacceptable now.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Jeesbus....this is freaking hilarious man. Like, the way you described it. And just the fact that you said this....I’m freaking dying man. Sounds like something a caveman would say to their kid after a long day at work.

But seriously, sounds like a kickass venue.

• Haha 1

Am I alone in having difficulty of distinguishing between Elvis Costello, Joe Jackson, and Jackson Browne? As a casual listener of all 3, I really get tired of being 30% correct on all my assumptions. I do know I like Joe Jackson better than the other two because it’s so new wavy, and I’m a giant sucker for new wave/synth. 

The song/movie that prompted this, it could honestly be all 3(I thought it was Joe Jackson):

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1

We were at a brewery(Heaven and Ale) in Chatt yesterday, and they were spinning Madonna’s Immaculate Collection and it sounded so good. Like every track was a banger, and they were. Great production. But I’m trying to listen to it on my headphones and I just can’t get with it. So crazy how music and atmosphere play so well together. 

I did totally forget about this song being in existence:

Which reminded me of this song: 

• Like 1

On 2/16/2020 at 12:17 AM, ShocksMyBrain said:

We were at a brewery(Heaven and Ale) in Chatt yesterday, and they were spinning Madonna’s Immaculate Collection and it sounded so good. Like every track was a banger, and they were. Great production. But I’m trying to listen to it on my headphones and I just can’t get with it. So crazy how music and atmosphere play so well together. 

So true. One of my favorite things is rediscovering songs from my childhood that I've heard a million times. One of those was "Breakdown" by Tom Petty. Sunny day, I'm in the car, I might have possibly been in a particular frame of mind, and that comes on and that bass line sounds particularly good on my speakers... Damn. Right that minute, there was no better song ever written. But that song isn't always that good. 

Heaven and Ale... legit? Any other recs for my trip in April?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

So true. One of my favorite things is rediscovering songs from my childhood that I've heard a million times. One of those was "Breakdown" by Tom Petty. Sunny day, I'm in the car, I might have possibly been in a particular frame of mind, and that comes on and that bass line sounds particularly good on my speakers... Damn. Right that minute, there was no better song ever written. But that song isn't always that good. 

Heaven and Ale... legit? Any other recs for my trip in April?

H&A was solid. Nothing ground breaking, but nothing terrible. Hutton and Smith was the one I was wanting to visit, but they opened later in the afternoon. Other than those, I don’t think there’s many other worthy options. 

• Thanks 1

H&A was solid. Nothing ground breaking, but nothing terrible. Hutton and Smith was the one I was wanting to visit, but they opened later in the afternoon. Other than those, I don’t think there’s many other worthy options. 

I did some reading up and there are a couple that aren't family friendly. Don't remember which ones now but I'm happy to let your recs + the family friendly thing guide me. 

• Like 1

I know nothing about her or this song, but I like it.

*edit- That’s not entirely truthful. I know who she is, just not much beyond that. I saw her perform this on an awards show recently.

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I know nothing about her or this song, but I like it.

*edit- That’s not entirely truthful. I know who she is, just not much beyond that. I saw her perform this on an awards show recently.

She's definitely the artist of the moment. Won a truckload of Grammys. Sings the main song on the new Bond movie. I dig it and need to seek out more of her stuff. I'm always glad when an artist can go mainstream huge but also give us something new and truly artistic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

She's definitely the artist of the moment. Won a truckload of Grammys. Sings the main song on the new Bond movie. I dig it and need to seek out more of her stuff. I'm always glad when an artist can go mainstream huge but also give us something new and truly artistic. 

Yeah, I just watched the video on YouTube. 42 million views in 3 weeks.

I’m old.

• Haha 1

On 2/14/2020 at 2:48 AM, ShocksMyBrain said:

w3wLgCu.jpg
3F1AWPw.jpgDU76DLW.jpg

Where is this? It’s too big to be The Rattle Snake Saloon, I think. 

20 hours ago, alexava said:

Where is this? It’s too big to be The Rattle Snake Saloon, I think. 

The Caverns in Pelham, TN. About half way between Chattanooga and Nashville. PBS films bluegrass underground there. 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2020 at 11:54 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Am I alone in having difficulty of distinguishing between Elvis Costello, Joe Jackson, and Jackson Browne? As a casual listener of all 3, I really get tired of being 30% correct on all my assumptions. I do know I like Joe Jackson better than the other two because it’s so new wavy, and I’m a giant sucker for new wave/synth. 

The song/movie that prompted this, it could honestly be all 3(I thought it was Joe Jackson):

Wow Joe Jackson reference but to answer your question I really don't have a problem distinguishing between the three. I understand how it could be hard but I've listen to all three for so long its fairly easy for me. Especially JJ this is my favorite by JJ, posted many times, I could listen to this all day.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Wow Joe Jackson reference but to answer your question I really don't have a problem distinguishing between the three. I understand how it could be hard but I've listen to all three for so long its fairly easy for me. Especially JJ this is my favorite by JJ, posted many times, I could listen to this all day.

Yeah, no issues distinguishing. Especially not Elvis Costello, although now that I think about it I might see some similarities between his voice and J. Jackson's. Jackson Browne sounds way different to me. Unfortunately, I've heard some uncool rumors about his interactions with the ladies.

Yes, the song above is really great. Almost a perfect pop song. 

Only tangentially related: Alexa played Joe Cocker's 'You Are So Beautiful' for us the other night and Mrs. Loof asked who the singer was. Needless to say, I'm accepting all recommendations for a good divorce attorney. Just in case.