Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

For those wondering, Eminem showed up to the Oscars to play the very song he won the award for but was not present to receive, even if it was 18 years late.

Happy Birthday Clifford Ray Burton!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

F*** it all, with f***ing no regrets!

Honesty is my only excuse 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

A tune for the weather this week 

Going to see Umphrey’s McGee tonight at Graceland. I’ve never been to Graceland, as the old adage goes “How can you tell if someone is from Memphis? Because they’ve never been to Graceland”. Supposedly a newer venue. Will report back. 

Then tomorrow, we’re seeing them again at the Caverns in Pelham, TN. Really stoked for that show because I’ve never been there either. Rented an Air BNB cabin on some dude’s farm near Monteagle for the weekend. Will also report back. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Going to see Umphrey’s McGee tonight at Graceland. I’ve never been to Graceland, as the old adage goes “How can you tell if someone is from Memphis? Because they’ve never been to Graceland”. Supposedly a newer venue. Will report back. 

Then tomorrow, we’re seeing them again at the Caverns in Pelham, TN. Really stoked for that show because I’ve never been there either. Rented an Air BNB cabin on some dude’s farm near Monteagle for the weekend. Will also report back. 

Sounds like fun! We are starting to plan our fambly vacation for the summer. Looking like the Smokies again.

Interesting you brought up Umphrey’s McGee. I had downloaded a couple of their songs after hearing them on the local college station. I guess I should trust my ear a bit more because after reading your post, I went and spent some time on their YouTube channel. I’m liking what I’ve heard so far! Especially “Strings”.

This was my first introduction to them.

• Love 1

Okay so the Soundstage at Graceland was a bit wild. It was carpeted. There was re-entry. There was one bar/concessions. It was like being in a banquet hall for some sort of work related event. I will 100% go back. 

rajugDi.jpg

8IDUHP1.jpg

And this couple tried to proposition my wife and I. We declined. 

zTiD7rO.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Okay so the Soundstage at Graceland was a bit wild. It was carpeted. There was re-entry. There was one bar/concessions. It was like being in a banquet hall for some sort of work related event. I will 100% go back. 

rajugDi.jpg

8IDUHP1.jpg

zTiD7rO.jpg

I want you to know I really, really struggled with the proper reaction to this post. Just..

Also, I like to imagine that dude is laughing at that couple’s proposition.

1D1CC18A-C92C-49E7-B75D-CCCC1660F0F3.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I want you to know I really, really struggled with the proper reaction to this post. Just..

Also, I like to imagine that dude is laughing at that couple’s proposition.

1D1CC18A-C92C-49E7-B75D-CCCC1660F0F3.gif

This isn’t the first or even the second time we’ve been approached in such a manner. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Then tomorrow, we’re seeing them again at the Caverns in Pelham, TN.

I'll be very interested to hear your review of that venue. I mean, on paper, it seems like a really surreal and beautiful room.

12 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Sounds like fun! We are starting to plan our fambly vacation for the summer. Looking like the Smokies again.

Nice! We have a trip planned to Chattanooga in April. Part family vacation, part scouting mission. Might have told y'all that McWifey interviewed for a job there. She didn't get it- came down to her and some guy who was way overqualified but just wanted to move back to the area- but in the process of talking about it, we realized we might really, really like to live there. So instead of moving somewhere for a job, we thought we might try moving somewhere because we want to live there. Whoa! Only thing is, I haven't been there in at least 15 years. And even then it was just passing through. So I need to go get a feel for the city. And look at neighborhoods. 

8 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

This review fascinates me. I'm sold. But mainly because I can get some ribs before. And maybe after.

You didn't want to share the women, share the wine with Cheap Knock Off Bobby Weir? 

3 hours ago, alexava said:

Chris Knight is in Decatur next month. I’m considering pulling the trigger on a couple tickets......Is anyone else a fan?

Never heard of him. Recommend a good starting point?

2 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I want you to know I really, really struggled with the proper reaction to this post.

Bwaaaaahahaha

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

This isn’t the first or even the second time we’ve been approached in such a manner. 

ClearExhaustedBuckeyebutterfly-size_rest

'ers have a lot of confidence. And zero interest in what I got going on. Thank God. I can't imagine how I could possibly make such a situation even more uncomfortable, but I know I would, cause that's what I do. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Nice! We have a trip planned to Chattanooga in April. Part family vacation, part scouting mission. Might have told y'all that McWifey interviewed for a job there. She didn't get it- came down to her and some guy who was way overqualified but just wanted to move back to the area- but in the process of talking about it, we realized we might really, really like to live there. So instead of moving somewhere for a job, we thought we might try moving somewhere because we want to live there. Whoa! Only thing is, I haven't been there in at least 15 years. And even then it was just passing through. So I need to go get a feel for the city. And look at neighborhoods. 

Man, I love the Nooga. Great location! I freaking love east TN. 

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

ClearExhaustedBuckeyebutterfly-size_rest

'ers have a lot of confidence. And zero interest in what I got going on. Thank God. I can't imagine how I could possibly make such a situation even more uncomfortable, but I know I would, cause that's what I do. 

They never come right out and say it either, but hint heavily as to I guess not come off creepy—idk I’m not about that life. We were hanging outside during set break and the hammered dude and his wife, clad in cheetah print(keep this in mind) wandered up to us. Tried small talk, but the dude was obliterated and started getting loud...not mad loud, but raising a ruckus. Then he started banging on the wall, so I told my wife, “let’s gtfo, this is weird” and started walking away. He pulled her aside, nodded to his wife, and whispered to her, “you want that cat?”. She speedily walked toward me, laughter ensued. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

They never come right out and say it either, but hint heavily as to I guess not come off creepy—idk I’m not about that life. We were hanging outside during set break and the hammered dude and his wife, clad in cheetah print(keep this in mind) wandered up to us. Tried small talk, but the dude was obliterated and started getting loud...not mad loud, but raising a ruckus. Then he started banging on the wall, so I told my wife, “let’s gtfo, this is weird” and started walking away. He pulled her aside, nodded to his wife, and whispered to her, “you want that cat?”. She speedily walked toward me, laughter ensued. 

Image result for meow gif

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Ahahahahahaha hahahahaha....*deepinhale*hahahahahahahahahajajajaja

What a hashtag.....youwantthatcat 

• Haha 1