Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

15 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Apparently, John Prine is in critical condition with it also. 

Damn. Y’all be safe out there.

This one hurts. 

From Tyler Mahan Coe, David Allen's son who does the Cocaine & Rhinestones and Your Favorite Band Sucks podcasts:

John Prine eclipses the form of song.

He's the voice in the wilderness who gets a direct download from god three centuries before the religion is founded. A wizard making jokes only his friends will laugh at after pondering for 700 years. Rabelais bleeding divinity. 

@TylerMahanCoe

And, by literally every single account, one of the kindest people in entertainment. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Too soon? Too dark? Too callous? I'm an essential worker, does that mean I get to make dark jokes?

Also, y'all know how it's a thing now in movie trailers to have a child sing a song with just a sparse piano arrangement in a minor key to make it creepy AF? Yeah.

Oh, and there are several reasons I picked this instead of the actual video. Although seeing all those people crowded together in a mall might be pretty trippy rn. 

I'm so bored. 

3 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Sigma Oasis new release album from Phish, thoughts???   So far best studio album in a long time, 4 songs in.

Solid. Actually like Everything’s Right because I hate the song live. 

Would really like the Trey quarantine album though. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Solid. Actually like Everything’s Right because I hate the song live. 

Would really like the Trey quarantine album though. 

The jam in Thread was excellent and I was happy to see Steam and Mercury make it on as well.  Everything’s Right I agree with you as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Great song with anti Vietnam meaning

No doubt and regardless of individual feelings about that war, it was an unbelievable era of music. We need to re-play some of those great tunes hidden in these archives. 

• Like 1

OK I'll list a few of my top Nam protest songs. I remember where I was at when I heard this had happen my girlfriend at the time at Auburn was really to bomb Thracher

• Like 2

My number one w/o a doubt and yes I had a student deferment as well as my Dad being 100% disabled from WWII so the draft left me alone because of both. But I will never ever say anything bad about the VA because they took care of my Dad as best as they could in 1945 forward

• Love 1