Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah, no issues distinguishing. Especially not Elvis Costello, although now that I think about it I might see some similarities between his voice and J. Jackson's. Jackson Browne sounds way different to me. Unfortunately, I've heard some uncool rumors about his interactions with the ladies.

Yes, the song above is really great. Almost a perfect pop song. 

Only tangentially related: Alexa played Joe Cocker's 'You Are So Beautiful' for us the other night and Mrs. Loof asked who the singer was. Needless to say, I'm accepting all recommendations for a good divorce attorney. Just in case. 

All true....

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Only tangentially related: Alexa played Joe Cocker's 'You Are So Beautiful' for us the other night and Mrs. Loof asked who the singer was. Needless to say, I'm accepting all recommendations for a good divorce attorney. Just in case. 

Totally agree I would just say skrew it and leave her........................its a lost cause.................

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Big shout out to @Tiger for the heads up on this band from Mali.

Thank you sir. I hope you liked it as much as I did! Them just jamming out live was incredible! I started looking into more Malian artists and somewhere down the youtube rabbit hole I found out Tinariwen has worked with/performed with a bunch of familiar artists like Carlos Santana and Flea from Red Hot Chili Peppers.

I really need to participate in this thread more, I think this is the first time I've even ventured in here which is a damn shame because music is my life. Thanks Loof for pulling me in here!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Thank you sir. I hope you liked it as much as I did! Them just jamming out live was incredible! I started looking into more Malian artists and somewhere down the youtube rabbit hole I found out Tinariwen has worked with/performed with a bunch of familiar artists like Carlos Santana and Flea from Red Hot Chili Peppers.

I really need to participate in this thread more, I think this is the first time I've even ventured in here which is a damn shame because music is my life. Thanks Loof for pulling me in here!

BRO. GET TO WORK. 

I've heard of Dan Auerbach and some other American guitar/blues aficionados doing stuff with some African/Saharan blues-ish folks before but I haven't heard this particular band. Very very dope. 

• Love 1

On 3/1/2020 at 1:06 AM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Side note: Highly recommend Please Kill Me. It's an oral history of punk told by people who were there when it started. Damned good read.

• Like 1

Not the biggest Stones fan but I was just in the mood for this particular song today. If you know anything about the lyric well lets just say its not well thought of by some females

Just watched this. I like a few of his songs, but the whole emo/trap/hip hop genre is largely not for me. However, the documentary was really good and he seemed like a genuinely good person who died way too young. 

10 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Hah, I was very randomly spinning these guys this weekend. Used to listen to this album all the time. 

Amazon actually suggested a fantastic playlist called Groove Through Autumn containing this track. 

Probably my favorite Zeppelin song

• Like 1

Another good party song on the beach........big Genesis fan they gave some great concerts. Also sometimes radios stations would play the shorten version which sucked imo

• Love 1

On 3/13/2020 at 3:53 PM, augolf1716 said:

Another good party song on the beach........big Genesis fan they gave some great concerts. Also sometimes radios stations would play the shorten version which sucked imo

They’re going to tour soon(unless they canceled) without Peter Gabriel. Would definitely be a bucket list type of show for me. 

• Like 2