2016 Grad Transfer OT Tyler Catalina (UGA commit. 2/15/16)

ellitor

Although I'd love to scream "It's the frickin Catalina Wine Mixer!!!!!" after every good block, I'm not sure I'm seeing that this helps us much. I dunno, not feeling this one.

Careful what you sorta but don't really wish for:

7_4284404.jpg

So what you're saying is he's got potential to be our Catalina Line Fixer

You have been awarded 30 internet points.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He needs to get somewhere, the sooner the better.

He can't go anywhere til May. That's when he graduates from Rhode Island.

Well, he has only one year to play and probably needed more assurances than he could get from AU.

Hard for me to see who he might beat out as a primary OL starter....and on the OL, if you don't start, you pretty much don't play.

Well, he has only one year to play and probably needed more assurances than he could get from AU.

Hard for me to see who he might beat out as a primary OL starter....and on the OL, if you don't start, you pretty much don't play.

Seriously? We've got Robert Leff pegged as a likely starter at OT. If he can't beat out Leff, then I seriously doubt he's beating anyone out at Georgia.

Nada. Said he liked the UGA colors....the red and black. I'm not making it up.

Auburn is a dumpster fire. First Muschamp, then TRob, then Lance, then DC now we lose to GA because of our colors. I vote we should change our color... this suxs... Im pledging my allegiance to the lobos... loog live the Red Silver and Black..... lol...

Surely we are not going to melt down on this silliness. This guy in my opinion would have been a reserve or back up player next fall.

We wouldn't have been recruiting this kid as hard as we were if he was going to be a reserve. Auburn, Georgia, Florida...all programs that wanted him. That sounds like a reserve player to you? Our OT position is a mess this upcoming season; and I can guarantee you that neither Georgia nor Florida would take Leff right now.

We shouldn't have let him get the UGA visit 2 weeks before us. From his Rhode Island perspective, what was he going to see at Auburn that he didn't at UGA? And vice versa.

We had junior college tackles that I'm guessing we never offered. Some here said that we didn't want to mess things up with Ashley. The coaching staff had to know that Coleman and Young going pro was a distinct possibility. Catalina would have been great for depth and may have even won a starting job, but I don't think we are going down in flames because we didn't get him.

We had junior college tackles that I'm guessing we never offered. Some here said that we didn't want to mess things up with Ashley. The coaching staff had to know that Coleman and Young going pro was a distinct possibility. Catalina would have been great for depth and may have even won a starting job, but I don't think we are going down in flames because we didn't get him.

For a long time they thought AY would stay. No question in my mind, they should have prepped better for it though.

We shouldn't have let him get the UGA visit 2 weeks before us. From his Rhode Island perspective, what was he going to see at Auburn that he didn't at UGA? And vice versa.

UGA must have some glaring deficiencies on their OL or a one-to-play-one guy wouldn't have jumped on their offer before even visiting AU. Or maybe there were other incentives involved (choice of jersey number, school colors, coeds, etc.). Use you inagination. Who knows now that Kirby Smart is involved.

For a long time they thought AY would stay. No question in my mind, they should have prepped better for it though.

I agree with that. But, even so, AY was a possibility to leave. He asked for an evaluation last year. And it was all but a given that Coleman, their Left Tackle, was gone. Would they have moved AY to left tackle? Grimes' health condition probably hindered OL recruiting but I believe they could have gotten a juco if they wanted. So either they feel ok about who they have or, like you said, they did not prepare correctly.

Archived