Canty suspended indefinitely

WarTiger

The Steph Curry revolution is ruining basketball. Everyone thinks they can shoot their way into the league. Imagine if Canty was regularly shooting 3's from the logo and missing them. We would be glad that he's leaving. Fortunately for us, we benefitted from his ludicrous shots early on. Best of luck to him in Europe.

Doubt if Steph curry had anything to do with canty's style of play. People who say that about curry don't realize it would actually take a while before he affected the game through generational players...I don't agree with that though seems like every time a player becomes transcendent people like to make that negative

I love watching him play, not meaning to spin this negatively at him. He is the best shooter alive and should play the way he plays. I'm just saying that the 3-point shot is becoming more and more prominent, and he is the best alive, so he is who players are going to look play like.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually prefer some of the additional outside shooting that is in the game (but not to the point of eliminating the inside game) ... I had gotten frustrated by the dunk or nothing type of game (IMO) things were trending towards. To me, some of the additional outside shooting has brought some additional half court offense and ball movement.

I readily admit, I am on the low end of the informed spectrum when it comes to basketball ... this is more of what it "feels" like from a casual observer.

No, I do not like the cross half court and sling up a shot from 7' beyond the arc ... at that point, why have teammates.

Yeah I get it, I'm just saying if you look people said Iverson shot too much and all players did was cared about a cross over, and with Jordan all people cared about was dunking. Seems like that's what people do with that pattern. I personally don't think everyone trying to perfect their shooting is a bad thing. What I hope people realize is that Steph is a great shooter at ALL facets. And plus he can create space for himself so people would really need to work on their handle as well. To be Steph they would really have to be good at many different facets of the game. Also a plus one of the easiest things to fix is a guy taking bad shots....sit him down. It's one of the more obvious fallacies that's really not subjective so there's not too much to argue about. You either hit shots or you don't

i agree cole, improving shooting should be considered a good thing for every.single.player ... regardless of position. if curry causes people to be better shooters, regardless of the distance, then i consider that to be a good thing. heck, seeing spencer this year replicating a Kareem's baby hook shot is brilliant by whoever has encouraged him to do it. if he gets that down, he will be stronger on the offensive end.

curry is a phenom ... and scoring isn't his only thing. i took a minute to glance at stats.

over 6 assists per game, number 12 in the league

46% 3pt FG, with twice as many attempts as the next guy and 3x the attempts as the guy after that. 46% is good from anywhere on the floor

91% from FT, are you kidding me - lord would that be a positive thing if curry caused kids to be better at the stripe

5.3 rebounds a game - an interesting tidbit, there are only 2 guys who rebound better than him that have higher 3pt FG %

2.1 steals per game makes him #4 in the nba

westbrook is the only guy who really jumps out as having similar numbers (except 3pt%) ... (there were a couple of other guys as well)

curry is doing nothing but making the game better. i hope all kids try to emulate him. of course there is risk reward. if you cant make your shots from the outside then you will be on the bench ... then you better find something else to do. i am completely cool with people trying to be 50% shooters from outside and 91% from the line and 6 assists a game - there is nothing bad about this guys game.

i agree cole, improving shooting should be considered a good thing for every.single.player ... regardless of position. if curry causes people to be better shooters, regardless of the distance, then i consider that to be a good thing. heck, seeing spencer this year replicating a Kareem's baby hook shot is brilliant by whoever has encouraged him to do it. if he gets that down, he will be stronger on the offensive end.

curry is a phenom ... and scoring isn't his only thing. i took a minute to glance at stats.

over 6 assists per game, number 12 in the league

46% 3pt FG, with twice as many attempts as the next guy and 3x the attempts as the guy after that. 46% is good from anywhere on the floor

91% from FT, are you kidding me - lord would that be a positive thing if curry caused kids to be better at the stripe

5.3 rebounds a game - an interesting tidbit, there are only 2 guys who rebound better than him that have higher 3pt FG %

2.1 steals per game makes him #4 in the nba

westbrook is the only guy who really jumps out as having similar numbers (except 3pt%) ... (there were a couple of other guys as well)

curry is doing nothing but making the game better. i hope all kids try to emulate him. of course there is risk reward. if you cant make your shots from the outside then you will be on the bench ... then you better find something else to do. i am completely cool with people trying to be 50% shooters from outside and 91% from the line and 6 assists a game - there is nothing bad about this guys game.

Yep...everyone sees his 3 pointers but most don't notice that 91% FT....which is a good reason for him to get all those 3s.....if someone fouls him in the act of shooting, the chances are much higher that he will walk away with 3 points (from the line) than if he shoots the long range shot.

No doubt ....he's a pure shooter from about 30 feet in.

Archived