Canty suspended indefinitely

WarTiger

The guys doing the scoreboard show said at halftime it's like Auburn is playing a pickup game. That is pretty much what it looked like on TV. BTW, on TV they said the suspension was indefinite.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guys doing the scoreboard show said at halftime it's like Auburn is playing a pickup game. That is pretty much what it looked like on TV. BTW, on TV they said the suspension was indefinite.

Must've been bad.

Those TV guys were saying a lot of things...

The suspension might be indefinite, but I wouldn't believe it because it came from the announcers.

I'm not happy with what is going on with the BB program but I will defend the comment because most of the guys were playing out of position and apparently had about one day to adjust to the changes. The suspensions and whatever else is going on behind the scenes has made it pretty much impossible for the team to establish any rhythm or flow....and the supposed leaders are not leading.

not playing and not practicing.....that last part sounds bad...."indefinitely" sounds like more than just one more game.

done

Ultimately, Pearl needs to have control of the program and guys at least taking direction from the coach. If that means these year's recruits and the walk-ons and we lose every other game this year, that's what we need to do. I hope all AU folks support him.

done

Ultimately, Pearl needs to have control of the program and guys at least taking direction from the coach. If that means these year's recruits and the walk-ons and we lose every other game this year, that's what we need to do. I hope all AU folks support him.

I would love to win every other game but I think we may not win any games left. j/k I do agree totally with your comment

done

He kind of make it seems like he wasn't giving enough effort on practice or had a bad attitude in practice?

done

He kind of make it seems like he wasn't giving enough effort on practice or had a bad attitude in practice?

I sense Canty felt he knew better. Don't know, though.

How far does this go before we officially believe Pearl has completely lost the team? I don't know if he has, but it sure looks like it. Can't use the excuse of guys still giving effort. These guys are on scholly and if they actually stopped trying, they'd lose that scholarship money. They have plenty of reason to still fight if they don't support their coach. Again, I'm not suggesting he actually has lost the team, just beginning to seriously wonder IF he has. Barbees last team would beat these guys by double digits 8 out of 10 times. What concerns me is that a lot of these guys are going to have be depended on next year for us to be any better. If he has indeed lost them, how does get any better next year? Man I hope this is a heck of a lot better than it looks, cause right now it looks like the worst AU team I've ever seen and only headed for even worse....and that alone says a ton.

How far does this go before we officially believe Pearl has completely lost the team? I don't know if he has, but it sure looks like it. Can't use the excuse of guys still giving effort. These guys are on scholly and if they actually stopped trying, they'd lose that scholarship money. They have plenty of reason to still fight if they don't support their coach. Again, I'm not suggesting he actually has lost the team, just beginning to seriously wonder IF he has. Barbees last team would beat these guys by double digits 8 out of 10 times. What concerns me is that a lot of these guys are going to have be depended on next year for us to be any better. If he has indeed lost them, how does get any better next year? Man I hope this is a heck of a lot better than it looks, cause right now it looks like the worst AU team I've ever seen and only headed for even worse....and that alone says a ton.

He's lost a few to injury, one to eligibility and one to attitude-- other than that, it is about effort. You should probably checkout for the rest of the year-- you're not up to what it's gonna take right now.

They may not win another game, but I don't think it's because Pearl "lost the team". The talent/experience/position balance available to be put on the floor right now is the worst I've ever seen at Auburn and when I started watching AU basketball Bill Lynn was the coach.

Undo just a couple of injuries at the guard position and we'd be looking at a different situation. Right now all we can do is hang on until help gets here and that may be next season.

Canty is pretty much the only guy that can create his shot and puts defenders on notice. We are actually a good team but we're really lacking in that area with canty. Without him nobody on the floor has to help or double. Last year we had so many good shooters on the floor at one time we created mismatches with ball movement......this year nope.

Smh really wish my cousin would have signed here.....I really begged him. We don't have a pg really. I told him he literally could be the face of the team and a 4 year starter......

Smh really wish my cousin would have signed here.....I really begged him. We don't have a pg really. I told him he literally could be the face of the team and a 4 year starter......

He redshirting this year?

He only partially qualified so yeah he redshirted. Barnes really been raving about him though

Lamonte Turner is your cousin?

Yes. I started his recruiting profile here when he was in 9th grade because I knew he was going to be a D1 prospect. First one was deleted then I started another when he was in 10th and kept updating it

Archived