Canty suspended indefinitely

WarTiger

I mean he wouldn't have played this year but he's a good leader and he can handle the ball, and he plays within his limits. And he really hustles and take pride on defense.

http://tennessee.247sports.com/Article/Tennessee-Vols-Lamonte-Turner-making-most-of-forced-redshirt-43575353

Harper can really play though and he's coming in. He's small though and he's more of a scorer I think but I'm not sure about that though. I was supposed to go watch Harper play last summer in Augusta but I missed it

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tweet from Canty tonight: Playing for the best coach in the land coach Pearl was very exciting but I decided to enter the NBA draft and forgo my senior season

Tweet from Canty tonight: Playing for the best coach in the land coach Pearl was very exciting but I decided to enter the NBA draft and forgo my senior season

Quitter. When the going gets tough, leave. That attitude will play well in the NBA...D-league division of Turkey.

Sees no point in coming back I guess...must not be expecting much next season.

Sees no point in coming back I guess...must not be expecting much next season.

Team outlook for next year has nothing to do w/ it. He is taking his ball & going home so to speak.

Why does it seem like AU is the only team that gets these type guys? It's maddening to see.

Pearl signed who he could last year and took some chances.

Was he a problem at Marshal? No one seemed to indicate that. Duke on the other hand...

He left Marshal for some reason other than he was a happy camper there but just didn't like the weather. These transfer guys always, by the nature of their circumstances, have been less than 100% steadfast and loyal to their prior school. Pearl has had no choice, he's had to get what he could to scrap together a team. Hopefully we're coming to the end of that phase.

Why does it seem like AU is the only team that gets these type guys? It's maddening to see.

Was he a problem at Marshal? No one seemed to indicate that. Duke on the other hand...

Marshall fans have alluded to attitude problems, but I don't know details. Apparently he was a stretch to qualify before signing with them-- he's around 23. Apparently he wasn't happy there, for some reason.

My point is, Pearl needed an infusion of talent and signed a guy who lasted half a season, despite being needed and getting serious minutes. When a talented player is willing to sit out a whole transfer year at his age, it's pretty unusual.

He's from Harlem. It's fairly common sense for a kid to grow up in that rough environment will be a risk. Given the horrific state Barbee left the program, it's a risk Pearl had to take.

Archived