Canty suspended indefinitely

WarTiger

Why does it seem like AU is the only team that gets these type guys? It's maddening to see.

Pearl signed who he could last year and took some chances.

Was he a problem at Marshal? No one seemed to indicate that. Duke on the other hand...

He's from Harlem. It's fairly common sense for a kid to grow up in that rough environment will be a risk. Given the horrific state Barbee left the program, it's a risk Pearl had to take.

Just looking back, seems that BP inherited a pretty good class of recruits...a bunch of Rival 3* guys...and the first thing BP did was run many of them off ...except for TS-D, Harrell and Granger if I recall. Just seems that BP brought some of these shortages on him self but making the decision to bring his own guys,....some one year players and spent scholarships on some guys who have never played.

JMO but it's time to quit blaming Barbee....This is BP's team and he is responsible for the state of it.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does it seem like AU is the only team that gets these type guys? It's maddening to see.

Pearl signed who he could last year and took some chances.

Was he a problem at Marshal? No one seemed to indicate that. Duke on the other hand...

He's from Harlem. It's fairly common sense for a kid to grow up in that rough environment will be a risk. Given the horrific state Barbee left the program, it's a risk Pearl had to take.

Just looking back, seems that BP inherited a pretty good class of recruits...a bunch of Rival 3* guys...and the first thing BP did was run many of them off ...except for TS-D, Harrell and Granger if I recall. Just seems that BP brought some of these shortages on him self but making the decision to bring his own guys,....some one year players and spent scholarships on some guys who have never played.

JMO but it's time to quit blaming Barbee....This is BP's team and he is responsible for the state of it.

No. I'm still blaming Barbee for leaving the cupboard dry. Bruce will have more players and most importantly, his own players next year, so, until then, he is playing with house money.

Lol wow. Good luck to him. But its going to hurt our back court pretty badly because our only PG next season will be a true freshman with nobody behind him. I'm assuming TSD won't be back. He may but we can't count on him being on the floor. But if Bruce is trying to build something having a bad attitude fester over 2 years of the critical portion of the building process would hurt the cause so I don't see that as a total negative

Lol wow. Good luck to him. But its going to hurt our back court pretty badly because our only PG next season will be a true freshman with nobody behind him. I'm assuming TSD won't be back. He may but we can't count on him being on the floor. But if Bruce is trying to build something having a bad attitude fester over 2 years of the critical portion of the building process would hurt the cause so I don't see that as a total negative

Makes one wonder how he was here for so long.....of course coaches will go the extra mile or even for an extra ten miles if necessary....to accommodate a talented athlete....we've seen that in football over the years and there is no reason for BB to be any different....and we've seen what it does to a team.

Seems likely that the downfall of this season's team might have begun early in the season when they were still winning some games? ...reminiscent of some seasons in the past.

Ugh, this hurts bad. Really tough season got tougher.

On a related note, have fun playing in Turkey or Isreal or Greece. No way he plays in the league IMO.

Somebody is giving him bad advice if he thinks he will make it in the NBA. He can shoot but is not a true point guard. We saw a couple of games where teams put big athletic guards on him and basically shut him down. For him to make it he will need to improve his ball handling skills. I am not talking about dribbling but court awareness seeing the open man getting him the ball. He is good but he is not as good as he thinks he is if he thinks he will get drafted by NBA. He might get signed to summer league team with a chance to make the big team. That is his best hope. It is a shame I though if he could get his act together he could have really helped us next year especially as he could have become a pure SG.

You recall incorrectly. Bruce only inherited 1 player in his first class, 2* Jack Purchase who did leave on his own because he did not fit the system & knew he would not play much. The rest are guys he or his staff picked. Reed, Bowers, & Lang are still here although Reed & Bowers have had their issues. The others brought in were GTs Antoine Mason & Ross-Miller, who finished their time @ AU, & undergrad transfer Canty.

As for players who left the team in general, Atewe kept having serious injuries in his legs & could not stay healthy. Alex Thompson later left because he knew w/ the last recruiting class we got that was wing heavy he was not going to play much if at all. Benus & Delph did not fit the new team style plus were not willing to put in the work needed to contribute on the floor. Dion Wade was a sophomore wing transfer who may have contributed down the line but again was not the talent level the wings we were bringing in.

Every player Bruce brought in played somewhere. That sentence makes no sense.

We'll get a juco Point or Grad transfer to help Harper. Count on it.

Somebody is giving him bad advice if he thinks he will make it in the NBA. He can shoot but is not a true point guard. We saw a couple of games where teams put big athletic guards on him and basically shut him down. For him to make it he will need to improve his ball handling skills. I am not talking about dribbling but court awareness seeing the open man getting him the ball. He is good but he is not as good as he thinks he is if he thinks he will get drafted by NBA. He might get signed to summer league team with a chance to make the big team. That is his best hope. It is a shame I though if he could get his act together he could have really helped us next year especially as he could have become a pure SG.

I was thinking this exact thing but didn't want to say it. That's what my "lol" preceding my "wow" was implying.

Seems likely that the downfall of this season's team might have begun early in the season when they were still winning some games? ...reminiscent of some seasons in the past.

The downfall of this season is due to all the injuries & Purifoy not being eligible. If we were at full mass we would be a solid team w/ a high NIT bid or fighting for the NCAA bubble. Canty would then not be sulking due to poor personal & team play & still be here.

We'll get a juco Point or Grad transfer to help Harper. Count on it.

Yup. We're going to have to.

You recall incorrectly. Bruce only inherited 1 player in his first class, 2* Jack Purchase who did leave on his own because he did not fit the system & knew he would not play much. The rest are guys he or his staff picked. Reed, Bowers, & Lang are still here although Reed & Bowers have had their issues. The others brought in were GTs Antoine Mason & Ross-Miller, who finished their time @ AU, & undergrad transfer Canty.

As for players who left the team in general, Atewe kept having serious injuries in his legs & could not stay healthy. Alex Thompson later left because he knew w/ the last recruiting class we got that was wing heavy he was not going to play much if at all. Benus & Delph did not fit the new team style plus were not willing to put in the work needed to contribute on the floor. Dion Wade was a sophomore wing transfer who may have contributed down the line but again was not the talent level the wings we were bringing in.

Not that it matters but K T Harrell was here when BP arrived as was Jordon Granger....and a host of other well regarded young guys who transferred after Barbee left ...with the blessing of BP I expect. A guy named Logwood was signed by TB and released by BP when he came on board....the explanation being that he would fit up with BP's defense or something.

Whatever the causes, we are in a real mess. The recent level of play is more than just lack of talent. The way forward is hard foresee because . every recruiting class looks great before they arrive. Sorry...I can't help it but i just have this little feeling in the back of mind that we've been conned.

Hoping I'm wrong and I'll give y'all my address about this time next year if I'm wrong so you can ship the crow.

I don't think we've ever had a great looking recruiting class. Korvotney Barber was a promising piece in a class but what BP has lined up to come in next year and the year after is well beyond the talent level we have had coming in here IMO. Even getting guys like Trayvon Reed and Horace Spencer was pretty unusual for us.

Not that it matters but K T Harrell was here when BP arrived as was Jordon Granger....and a host of other well regarded young guys who transferred after Barbee left ...with the blessing of BP I expect. A guy named Logwood was signed by TB and released by BP when he came on board....the explanation being that he would fit up with BP's defense or something.

Whatever the causes, we are in a real mess. The recent level of play is more than just lack of talent. The way forward is hard foresee because . every recruiting class looks great before they arrive. Sorry...I can't help it but i just have this little feeling in the back of mind that we've been conned.

Hoping I'm wrong and I'll give y'all my address about this time next year if I'm wrong so you can ship the crow.

You've been down on pearl since he was hired.....what did you want? Who did you want to coach?

I'm just afraid if a good opportunity comes along BP is gonna throw in the towel and get the hell outta town. Ya got to admit our BB program is beyond a dumpster fire. This program has been allowed to rot for so long it's gonna take years to repair.

I'm just afraid if a good opportunity comes along BP is gonna throw in the towel and get the hell outta town. Ya got to admit our BB program is beyond a dumpster fire. This program has been allowed to rot for so long it's gonna take years to repair.

Our team has been in the shop getting repaired ever since Bruce arrived. We will see results next year. And the year after, BOOM!

You've been down on pearl since he was hired.....what did you want? Who did you want to coach?

I don't recall the candidates but some of the better young coaches included Archie Miller or Mike White....probably some others....and,nope, I'm not a BP fan....which really makes no difference since I have no influence over what he does....his results will speak for him....and I would like to see him turn things around....but I'm skeptical.

If you've ever made a positive comment about an Auburn coach in any program I missed it. Give me a link so I'll stop thinking you're nothing but a Debbie Downer.

The Steph Curry revolution is ruining basketball. Everyone thinks they can shoot their way into the league. Imagine if Canty was regularly shooting 3's from the logo and missing them. We would be glad that he's leaving. Fortunately for us, we benefitted from his ludicrous shots early on. Best of luck to him in Europe.

If you've ever made a positive comment about an Auburn coach anything AUBURN related I missed it. Give me a link so I'll stop thinking you're nothing but a Debbie Downer troll

Fixed that for you.

If you've ever made a positive comment about an Auburn coach anything AUBURN related I missed it. Give me a link so I'll stop thinking you're nothing but a Debbie Downer troll

Fixed that for you.

:thumbsup:

The Steph Curry revolution is ruining basketball. Everyone thinks they can shoot their way into the league. Imagine if Canty was regularly shooting 3's from the logo and missing them. We would be glad that he's leaving. Fortunately for us, we benefitted from his ludicrous shots early on. Best of luck to him in Europe.

Doubt if Steph curry had anything to do with canty's style of play. People who say that about curry don't realize it would actually take a while before he affected the game through generational players...I don't agree with that though seems like every time a player becomes transcendent people like to make that negative

Archived