The New Recruiting Rules

The Prowler

The new rule about no Private Jets for the Prospects, they can only fly commercial. And they have a set amount of money that they can spend on the Recruits for BAS (Basic Allowance for Substance....Food, etc.). Unlike last year when Mr. Willie "I Love 'dem Skrimps" Williams, was hand feed by all the Strippers in the State of Florida, Just kiddin'. Or, am I? In 2002-03 we had 45 Official Visits, in 2003-2004 we had 54 Official, and this year 37......We went Undefeated, no Coaching changes as of right now, won the SEC Championship, Beat uat for the third time, won a piece of the MNC......and we only have 37 Recruits Visiting? Maybe the University should think of Building an Airport on the Campus that could hold a Commercial Plane.

The new rules have had an effect, no doubt. But there are other factors as well.

Auburn has 14 visiting this weekend. Add in the fact that AU already has 15 committments and only 20 schlorships available, there is a reason for the lower number of visits.

Alabama on the other hand can sign the full number of schlorships this year and have not had huge numbers of visits. According to scout.com, Bama will only have 37 visits. link http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=14&p=9&c=6

Yea, I guess you're right........lol. This time, last year we had only 8 commitments. This year we have, what, 15.......Did we accept some of the commitments to early? Only time will tell......I know Coach Tubs knows the Right Players to bring in.....The players that Commit to us, Are the Right ones.......Coach never misses out on the Right ones. Because if they don't sign with us, then they ain't AU Material.....and, We don't want players that doesn't want to become an AU Man.

Coach Tuberville has said that the NCAA legislation passed this week by college presidents that punishes football programs with reductions in scholarships for having players leave school early due to grade problems will probably be felt by a lot of teams around the country. The Auburn staff has anticipated that and has already been putting more emphasis on finding recruits who will take care of their academic business throughout their collegiate careers. CTT says that will be an even bigger priority as the coaches evaluate prospects in future seasons.

I have no link for the above, it is a combination of radio interview, newspapers, ITAT & ESPN.

Oh yea.....I forgot about that.....That will have a HUGE effect on Most of the Big Tyme Programs. So, they don't have to graduate first, just be in good standing with the University academic wise, Right? Some Coaches will step in and Bend that little F into a big A......I wouldn't be surprised to see Schools getting into trouble because of this, wait thats already happened, hasn't it (ie Tennessee)?

The new rule about no Private Jets for the Prospects, they can only fly commercial.  And they have a set amount of money that they can spend on the Recruits for BAS (Basic Allowance for Substance....Food, etc.).  Unlike last year when Mr. Willie "I Love 'dem Skrimps" Williams, was hand feed by all the Strippers in the State of Florida, Just kiddin'.  Or, am I?  In 2002-03 we had 45 Official Visits, in 2003-2004 we had 54 Official, and this year 37......We went Undefeated, no Coaching changes as of right now, won the SEC Championship, Beat uat for the third time, won a piece of the MNC......and we only have 37 Recruits Visiting?  Maybe the University should think of Building an Airport on the Campus that could hold a Commercial Plane.

138641[/snapback]

We're going after higher quality athletes...and we have fewer schollies to give than in previous years...so it doesn't seem to be hurting too much...thank the Lord. :au::homer:

Oh yea.....I forgot about that.....That will have a HUGE effect on Most of the Big Tyme Programs.  So, they don't have to graduate first, just be in good standing with the University academic wise, Right?  Some Coaches will step in and Bend that little F into a big A......I wouldn't be surprised to see Schools getting into trouble because of this, wait thats already happened, hasn't it (ie Tennessee)?

138702[/snapback]

When Tennessee was in 'trouble' the NCAA said that they do not monitor or get involved with how universities police or implement their academic programs

AH, Everyone that's a Football Player for this University Please Raise your Hand..........Any hand will do................Thank You, now those that've raised their hands can go home, you've just past ALL your Classes, Congradulations.......Graduation Cerimonies are held at 2 and 4.....Thank you for stopping by. :cheer::cheer:

I dont like the commercial airline only rule. It punishes teams like Auburn with no major airports nearby while having no effect on a team like Miami or Geogia Tech.

Archived