The Best Thread Ever Made

Auburn85

What are you currently paying for gas at the pump? :big:

It's $1.74 currently at the local Chevron

How much is it in your area?

Are you paying more :thumbsup: or less :thumbsdown: than $1.74

'twas $1.67 at the Shell right by my work...

I think its going up again because of the coming elections in Iraq... I've noticed that if anything happens over there, good or bad, it goes up.

It's 1.81 at the corner of Wire and Webster... Anywhere around campus its a little higher. I've seen it as much as 25 cents higher in Auburn... If you go to BFOpelika, it's pretty cheap (cheap is relative of course).

I think its going up again because of the coming elections in Iraq...  I've noticed that if anything happens over there, good or bad, it goes up. 

It's 1.81 at the corner of Wire and Webster...  Anywhere around campus its a little higher.  I've seen it as much as 25 cents higher in Auburn...  If you go to BFOpelika, it's pretty cheap (cheap is relative of course).

139604[/snapback]

You'd have to be crazy to NOT drive to the Opelika WalMart for gas around here (or somewhere else down Opelika Hwy). It's always more expensive in Auburn.

Well, it turns into a matter of convenience... I generally try to fill up when I'm out that way, but most of the time I don't have that opportunity. It takes quite a bit of time, especially if you're on the west side of Auburn. Traffic stinks if you hit it wrong. Then if its 10 cents cheaper, you're really only saving $1.40 maybe... Now if I'm at the corner of college and glenn, I hop my butt up to the gas station on college and that cut through to gay... that place is always much cheaper than the chevron.

These gas stations know they've got college kids by the you-know-what... It's really a form of price gouging, too bad its legal.

If you ever really want to get frustrated over gas prices, head down Wire towards exit 44.... That chevron is outrageous... I bet its at $2 right now.

I've got you all beat. Gas out on the economy is 1.24 Euros per liter, which equates to about $6.50 per US gallon. Luckily, we servicemen get to buy tax free coupons that brings the price down quite a bit. However, if you go over your allotted ration, you are on your own. I get 400 liters (106 gallons) per month tax free. These 400 liters cost me $260. I wind up paying a measely $2.45 per gallon for gas.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived