Who are these idiot Donald Trump supporters?

AUUSN

With all these threads going after Trump and questions about the sanity of his supporters, we need to ask the same question of Hillary supporters and Bernie supporters too. As previously stated, I'm no Trump supporter but I can see why people that do make that decision.

They simply aren't on the same level. It's completely reasonable to not understand why someone supports a politician because you don't agree with their views and their governing philosophy. But that is not why people are questioning the support for Trump and it's why you don't hear the same incredulous statements about support for Cruz, Rubio, Bush, Rand Paul or Kasich.

Hillary is a criminal pure and simple. The woman should have been in prison a long time ago. The fact that people are willing to just to gloss over all that because she's a good leftist. Bernie is a full fledged idiot. There's not one bit of difference between support for one and support of the other. At least with Trump, I'm fairly certain he does believe in the basic goodness of America. You can't say that about the. other two

This is unhinged nonsense. Even if I concede the Hillary is a criminal bit, the ranting on Bernie is hogwash. You can disagree with his political views without losing your mind. There's a huge difference in supporting Bernie vs Trump. Quit making excuses for this disaster of a candidate.

Your right ! He should stop making excuses for Bernie!

Again, no one needs to make excuses for Bernie because Bernie hasn't done anything wrong. You can disagree with his political views, but that is different from the disaster that is Donald Trump. Stop making excuses for his words and conduct.

I am not making excuses...I guess I should have put in the sarcasm icon....Some folks on this board are really torn up by trump....to me he is just another person getting attention....his speech isn't polished and very rough...I get that things he says upsets you and others on this board...I just can't you believe that you take what he says so literal....it is like you have never been around a person like him before (mainly all talk)....

he just happens to touch nerves in people who feel they have been robbed by the political class...I understand their feelings....I may not agree with them but at least I can understand them....Trump isn't PC like the others in his speeches and I get that it can bother some of you on this board...but you have to admit that he has tapped into anger that is boiling in this country that the current elected officials are in the pockets of those who are paying them through speeches, donations, etc...these same people don't like seeing rising debt, forced payments to a healthcare law that isn't that good (look at the costs that are incurred for deductibles in most cases with these policies), they see the insurance companies making all of the money and if they don't get insurance they have to pay a fine, but the cadillac policy holders have once again don't have to pay their fine and small businesses don't have to pay theirs but their workers do....they see others candidates on the left saying free medical care but don't see how it is to be paid for except for higher taxes on them (as it usually does and not the rich because the rich have the ability to get out of paying some of those taxes that the middle class doesn't)....

I am sorry that you cannot see what his supporters see because if you could then maybe you would understand why they support him...they don't really care that he isn't PC in his speech but they see him as someone who may actually be able to get the country moving in a direction that they can understand and not more of the same by creating more debt and more job losses....

I don't support him but if it is T vs H...I will vote for T every time...

so the future president shouldn't be taken literally because he is "all talk" ? We are sinking to new levels I guess.

so you have taken everyone you voted for literally? How have they worked out for you? Have they all upheld their promises that they made to you? If so please give us a sample of all that you have voted for so we can see what these folks have promised and kept from their campaign to once they were elected...it will be enlightening....

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all these threads going after Trump and questions about the sanity of his supporters, we need to ask the same question of Hillary supporters and Bernie supporters too. As previously stated, I'm no Trump supporter but I can see why people that do make that decision.

They simply aren't on the same level. It's completely reasonable to not understand why someone supports a politician because you don't agree with their views and their governing philosophy. But that is not why people are questioning the support for Trump and it's why you don't hear the same incredulous statements about support for Cruz, Rubio, Bush, Rand Paul or Kasich.

Hillary is a criminal pure and simple. The woman should have been in prison a long time ago. The fact that people are willing to just to gloss over all that because she's a good leftist. Bernie is a full fledged idiot. There's not one bit of difference between support for one and support of the other. At least with Trump, I'm fairly certain he does believe in the basic goodness of America. You can't say that about the. other two

This is unhinged nonsense. Even if I concede the Hillary is a criminal bit, the ranting on Bernie is hogwash. You can disagree with his political views without losing your mind. There's a huge difference in supporting Bernie vs Trump. Quit making excuses for this disaster of a candidate.

Again, no one needs to make excuses for Bernie because Bernie hasn't done anything wrong. You can disagree with his political views, but that is different from the disaster that is Donald Trump. Stop making excuses for his words and conduct.

I am not making excuses...I guess I should have put in the sarcasm icon....Some folks on this board are really torn up by trump....to me he is just another person getting attention....his speech isn't polished and very rough...I get that things he says upsets you and others on this board...I just can't you believe that you take what he says so literal....it is like you have never been around a person like him before (mainly all talk)....

he just happens to touch nerves in people who feel they have been robbed by the political class...I understand their feelings....I may not agree with them but at least I can understand them....Trump isn't PC like the others in his speeches and I get that it can bother some of you on this board...but you have to admit that he has tapped into anger that is boiling in this country that the current elected officials are in the pockets of those who are paying them through speeches, donations, etc...these same people don't like seeing rising debt, forced payments to a healthcare law that isn't that good (look at the costs that are incurred for deductibles in most cases with these policies), they see the insurance companies making all of the money and if they don't get insurance they have to pay a fine, but the cadillac policy holders have once again don't have to pay their fine and small businesses don't have to pay theirs but their workers do....they see others candidates on the left saying free medical care but don't see how it is to be paid for except for higher taxes on them (as it usually does and not the rich because the rich have the ability to get out of paying some of those taxes that the middle class doesn't)....

I am sorry that you cannot see what his supporters see because if you could then maybe you would understand why they support him...they don't really care that he isn't PC in his speech but they see him as someone who may actually be able to get the country moving in a direction that they can understand and not more of the same by creating more debt and more job losses....

so the future president shouldn't be taken literally because he is "all talk" ? We are sinking to new levels I guess.

so you have taken everyone you voted for literally? How have they worked out for you? Have they all upheld their promises that they made to you? If so please give us a sample of all that you have voted for so we can see what these folks have promised and kept from their campaign to once they were elected...it will be enlightening....

i am not referring to empty promises. I am referring to constant childish insults and promoting violence and preying on ignorance and fear. I don't take him literally but I also don't support his candidacy. Those who do do take him literally which is sad. I still haven't heard exactly how he is going to force Mexico to pay for that wall either.

i am not referring to empty promises. I am referring to constant childish insults and promoting violence and preying on ignorance and fear. I don't take him literally but I also don't support his candidacy. Those who do do take him literally which is sad. I still haven't heard exactly how he is going to force Mexico to pay for that wall either.

insulting is his style but where has he constantly supported violence...there have been a couple of instances but nothing reported lately and it would be reported with the constant news attention....I got that you don't support his candidacy but to say his supporters take him literally but yet you don't take your candidate literally? so why is there a difference in trump supporters taking him literally but for instance H's not taking her literally? Or is it that you hatred for him clouds your judgement on his supporters to the point where you make the blanket statement that ALL of his supporters take him literally? You can't believe that all of his supporters take him literally....

"That anyone would want someone that behaves like Trump in control of nuclear weapons is disturbing. That anyone would want someone that behaves like Trump speaking on our behalf to diplomats and/or leaders of other countries that possess nuclear weapons is disturbing."

Isn't that a bit extreme? What does, "someone like Trump", really mean?

Does it mean someone who is not a career politician and, has spent their life crafting an image and guarding their words?

Don't get me wrong. I understand the legitimate criticism. However, hasn't some of it gone beyond reasonable, rational?

I didn't say "someone like Trump", I said "someone that behaves like Trump". The New York Times has a list: The 202 People, Places, and Things Donald Trump has insulted on Twitter. A President does not get to say some things in public as an individual, and others as President of the United States. Everything a President says reflects on the United States and has implications for the United States. As far as I can tell, Trump has no sense of restraint or decorum. The concept that people would want such a man to be in control of our nuclear arsenal, or attempting to discuss matters with other countries, is disturbing.

I do not wish for Idiocracy to make the leap from satire to documentary in my lifetime.

Great post. Spot on.

"That anyone would want someone that behaves like Trump in control of nuclear weapons is disturbing. That anyone would want someone that behaves like Trump speaking on our behalf to diplomats and/or leaders of other countries that possess nuclear weapons is disturbing."

Isn't that a bit extreme? What does, "someone like Trump", really mean?

Does it mean someone who is not a career politician and, has spent their life crafting an image and guarding their words?

Don't get me wrong. I understand the legitimate criticism. However, hasn't some of it gone beyond reasonable, rational?

I didn't say "someone like Trump", I said "someone that behaves like Trump". The New York Times has a list: The 202 People, Places, and Things Donald Trump has insulted on Twitter. A President does not get to say some things in public as an individual, and others as President of the United States. Everything a President says reflects on the United States and has implications for the United States. As far as I can tell, Trump has no sense of restraint or decorum. The concept that people would want such a man to be in control of our nuclear arsenal, or attempting to discuss matters with other countries, is disturbing.

I do not wish for Idiocracy to make the leap from satire to documentary in my lifetime.

What you say for the most part is exactly what so many people want. They are sick of the old PC bit and that's why so may are coming out in record numbers to vote for him. It's like Harry Truman said......"trying to be PC is like trying to decide which is the clean end of a piece of s**t to pick up."

Probably the most appealing thing about Trump is that both the democrat establishment and the republican establishment are against him.

"My contention (which I think is spot on) is that those candidates weren't saying the outrageous, offensive and asinine things that Trump is."

Please define "things".

This voting base is not new. Trump did not create this herd. He has merely "rustled" this herd away from it's usual grazing. Perhaps his rhetoric isn't that extreme. Rather, it lacks a certain subtlety, a certain "political correctness"?

Here are a few examples of "things":

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you,” Trump gestured toward members of the audience at his June 16 announcement speech from Trump Tower. “They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

(referring to Carly Fiorina): “Look at that face!” Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president?! I mean, she's a woman, and I'm not s'posedta say bad things, but really, folks, come on. Are we serious?”

(referring to Megan Kelly): “She gets out and she starts asking me all sorts of ridiculous questions. You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever. In my opinion, she was off base.”

(referring to Ben Carson): “It's in the book that he's got a pathological temper, That's a big problem because you don't cure that ... as an example: child molesting. You don't cure these people. You don't cure a child molester. There's no cure for it. Pathological, there's no cure for that.”

(referring to John McCain): “He’s not a war hero. He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

“I will build a great wall – and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me – and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.”

“If I were running ‘The View’, I’d fire Rosie O’Donnell. I mean, I’d look at her right in that fat, ugly face of hers, I’d say ‘Rosie, you’re fired.’”

“I’ve said if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.”

“I am being proven right about massive vaccinations. The doctors lied. Save our children and their future.”

“The only kind of people I want counting my money are little short guys that wear yamakas every day.”

“26,000 unreported sexual assaults in the military. Only 238 convictions. What hi did these geniuses expect when they put men & women together?”

“If Hillary Clinton can’t satisfy her husband what makes her think she can satisfy America.”

“I mean, we could say politically correct that look doesn’t matter, but the look obviously matters,” Trump said to a female reporter in a clip featured on “Last Week Tonight.” “Like you wouldn’t have your job if you weren’t beautiful.”

When a lawyer facing Trump in 2011 asked for a break to pump breastmilk for her infant daughter, The Donald reacted very poorly. “He got up, his face got red, he shook his finger at me and he screamed, ‘You’re disgusting, you’re disgusting,’ and he ran out of there,” attorney Elizabeth Beck told CNN. Trump’s attorney does not dispute that his client called Beck “disgusting.”

New York Times columnist Gail Collins recalled: “During one down period, I referred to him in print as a ‘financially embattled thousandaire’ and he sent me a copy of the column with my picture circled and ‘The Face of a Dog!’ written over it.”

After calling Graham a "lightweight" and an "idiot," Trump gives out Graham's personal cellphone number during a rally.

(again, referring to Megyn Kelly): "The bimbo back in town. I hope not for long ."

Trump throws Univision anchor Jorge Ramos out of a press conference after Ramos demands that Trump answer his questions regarding Trump's plan to remove all undocumented immigrants and their US-born children.

During the GOP debate in Milwaukee, Trump competitor and Ohio Gov. John Kasich says Trump's plan to deport more than 11 million people is a "silly argument." In response, Trump says it is possible, citing the work of former President Dwight Eisenhower in the 1950s. The plan Trump champions was called "Operation Wetback," and it consisted of rounding up Mexicans near the border, taking them across the border, and leaving them there. Dozens died, families were displaced, and the operation is looked at today as an abomination.

Trump says the United States needs to conduct surveillance on, and perhaps close, some mosques. "I would hate to do it," he tells MSNBC's Joe Scarborough, "but it's something that you're going to have to strongly consider."

Trump says he would "certainly implement" a database to track Muslims in the United States and adds that there "should be a lot of systems, beyond databases."

Trump mocks a New York Times reporter's disability after the reporter said that he did not remember anyone claiming thousands of people were celebrating after the 911 attacks. The reporter in question, Serge Kovaleski, says he has covered Trump extensively over the years, and that the two know each other.

Trump appears on the internet-based talk show of Alex Jones, a 9/11-truther and star of the conspiracy underworld. During the interview, Trump says he predicted the rise and ultimate danger of Osama bin Laden in his 2000 book, The America We Deserve. The claim is false. The book contains one reference to bin Laden. It refers to bin Laden as one of many threats the United States faces, explaining that even though Americans were told about bin Laden, the information was fragmentary and the public's attention quickly focused on another threat.

Trump tells MSNBC's Mika Brzezinski and Scarborough that he likes the fact that Russian President Vladimir Putin has nice things to say about him. Scarborough points out that Putin is "also it's a person that kills journalists, political opponents, and invades countries." Trump coolly responds, "He's running his country and at least he's a leader."

"The other thing with the terrorists is you have to take out their families, when you get these terrorists, you have RI USA UK u take out their families. They care about their lives, don't kid yourself. When they say they don't ca6re about their lives, you have to take out their families,"

Encourages supporters to "knock the hell" out of protesters and to "punch them in the face." Then says he'll pay their legal bills. (He later waffles on this offer)

------------------

I culled these from multiple sources. And it's hardly an exhaustive list. Some of it's sophomoric. Some of it is offensive, racist, xenophobic, or misogynist. Some of it is just patently wrong. Some of it is bald-faced lying. Some of it is dangerous and irresponsible. All of it reveals a temperament that is not suited for the office he's running for.

Careful. ITCHY says simply quoting Trump makes you obsessed.

Probably the most appealing thing about Trump is that both the democrat establishment and the republican establishment are against him.

One could say the same of Kim Jong-un

That is totally not relevant :poke:

I have no problem with a candidate going against the grain of both establishments. In fact, that is my preference. For someone with Trump's resources, it is possible to run such a campaign without the New York Times having a catalog of 202 people, places, and things that he has insulted on Twitter.

Even if I disagree completely with every policy an elected President has, I'd prefer whether or not he'll publicly insult a foreign leader not be legitimate cause for concern. Regardless of what side of the fence you fall on, or how you felt about Bush or Obama, you could at least rest assured that they weren't going to create serious international tensions with a knee-jerk insulting tirade directed at Russian or Chinese leaders.

Any President of the United States should fully understand the concept of restraint and decorum. Any Presidential candidate should behave more like previous Presidents, and less like Vince McMahon.

"My contention (which I think is spot on) is that those candidates weren't saying the outrageous, offensive and asinine things that Trump is."

Please define "things".

This voting base is not new. Trump did not create this herd. He has merely "rustled" this herd away from it's usual grazing. Perhaps his rhetoric isn't that extreme. Rather, it lacks a certain subtlety, a certain "political correctness"?

Here are a few examples of "things":

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you,” Trump gestured toward members of the audience at his June 16 announcement speech from Trump Tower. “They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

(referring to Carly Fiorina): “Look at that face!” Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president?! I mean, she's a woman, and I'm not s'posedta say bad things, but really, folks, come on. Are we serious?”

(referring to Megan Kelly): “She gets out and she starts asking me all sorts of ridiculous questions. You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever. In my opinion, she was off base.”

(referring to Ben Carson): “It's in the book that he's got a pathological temper, That's a big problem because you don't cure that ... as an example: child molesting. You don't cure these people. You don't cure a child molester. There's no cure for it. Pathological, there's no cure for that.”

(referring to John McCain): “He’s not a war hero. He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

“I will build a great wall – and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me – and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.”

“If I were running ‘The View’, I’d fire Rosie O’Donnell. I mean, I’d look at her right in that fat, ugly face of hers, I’d say ‘Rosie, you’re fired.’”

“I’ve said if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.”

“I am being proven right about massive vaccinations. The doctors lied. Save our children and their future.”

“The only kind of people I want counting my money are little short guys that wear yamakas every day.”

“26,000 unreported sexual assaults in the military. Only 238 convictions. What did these geniuses expect when they put men & women together?”

“If Hillary Clinton can’t satisfy her husband what makes her think she can satisfy America.”

“I mean, we could say politically correct that look doesn’t matter, but the look obviously matters,” Trump said to a female reporter in a clip featured on “Last Week Tonight.” “Like you wouldn’t have your job if you weren’t beautiful.”

When a lawyer facing Trump in 2011 asked for a break to pump breastmilk for her infant daughter, The Donald reacted very poorly. “He got up, his face got red, he shook his finger at me and he screamed, ‘You’re disgusting, you’re disgusting,’ and he ran out of there,” attorney Elizabeth Beck told CNN. Trump’s attorney does not dispute that his client called Beck “disgusting.”

New York Times columnist Gail Collins recalled: “During one down period, I referred to him in print as a ‘financially embattled thousandaire’ and he sent me a copy of the column with my picture circled and ‘The Face of a Dog!’ written over it.”

After calling Graham a "lightweight" and an "idiot," Trump gives out Graham's personal cellphone number during a rally.

(again, referring to Megyn Kelly): "The bimbo back in town. I hope not for long ."

Trump throws Univision anchor Jorge Ramos out of a press conference after Ramos demands that Trump answer his questions regarding Trump's plan to remove all undocumented immigrants and their US-born children.

During the GOP debate in Milwaukee, Trump competitor and Ohio Gov. John Kasich says Trump's plan to deport more than 11 million people is a "silly argument." In response, Trump says it is possible, citing the work of former President Dwight Eisenhower in the 1950s. The plan Trump champions was called "Operation Wetback," and it consisted of rounding up Mexicans near the border, taking them across the border, and leaving them there. Dozens died, families were displaced, and the operation is looked at today as an abomination.

Trump says the United States needs to conduct surveillance on, and perhaps close, some mosques. "I would hate to do it," he tells MSNBC's Joe Scarborough, "but it's something that you're going to have to strongly consider."

Trump says he would "certainly implement" a database to track Muslims in the United States and adds that there "should be a lot of systems, beyond databases."

Trump mocks a New York Times reporter's disability after the reporter said that he did not remember anyone claiming thousands of people were celebrating after the 911 attacks. The reporter in question, Serge Kovaleski, says he has covered Trump extensively over the years, and that the two know each other.

Trump appears on the internet-based talk show of Alex Jones, a 9/11-truther and star of the conspiracy underworld. During the interview, Trump says he predicted the rise and ultimate danger of Osama bin Laden in his 2000 book, The America We Deserve. The claim is false. The book contains one reference to bin Laden. It refers to bin Laden as one of many threats the United States faces, explaining that even though Americans were told about bin Laden, the information was fragmentary and the public's attention quickly focused on another threat.

Trump tells MSNBC's Mika Brzezinski and Scarborough that he likes the fact that Russian President Vladimir Putin has nice things to say about him. Scarborough points out that Putin is "also it's a person that kills journalists, political opponents, and invades countries." Trump coolly responds, "He's running his country and at least he's a leader."

"The other thing with the terrorists is you have to take out their families, when you get these terrorists, you have to take out their families. They care about their lives, don't kid yourself. When they say they don't care about their lives, you have to take out their families,"

Encourages supporters to "knock the hell" out of protesters and to "punch them in the face." Then says he'll pay their legal bills. (He later waffles on this offer)

------------------

I culled these from multiple sources. And it's hardly an exhaustive list. Some of it's sophomoric. Some of it is offensive, racist, xenophobic, or misogynist. Some of it is just patently wrong. Some of it is bald-faced lying. Some of it is dangerous and irresponsible. All of it reveals a temperament that is not suited for the office he's running for.

Thanks for doing the legwork on compiling this list of 'Trumpisms, Titan! And your last paragraph nicely sums up why I will never vote for Trump, see nothing "Presidential" in his personality or character, and fear the very idea of him actually having the powers of the Presidency!

That's true, I suppose. I think that one difference between many Trump supporters and the anti-Trump group is how each answers the question, "How broken do you think the current system of government is?" Maybe things are so corrupt in both parties that things would be better in the long-term if the system is broken some so that it might possibly be reconstructed in a better way. For the record, I am not saying that I think that Trump will do that, but it seems more likely that he would shun the influence of the big money players that actually run the country than any of the other candidates would.

Common decency and presidential decorum is not "political correctness"

Decorum, yes.

Common decency, no. Have you ever listened to the Nixon Tapes? Who was the real Richard M. Nixon? The presidential image? The man on the tapes? Neither,both?

There are two sides to all of us, our persona (who we project ourselves to be) and, our character (who we really are). Good or bad, IMO, there is a lot to be said for those whose persona and character are closely aligned. The people who scare me are those whose persona and character are the farthest apart, Clinton, Cruz.

He IS a big money player.

Exactly!

so who's interest is he concerned with?

Just as ICHY says. THAT is the question. Trump is rich and powerful already, so maybe his intentions are honorable. Probably not, but maybe. I am even less confident that the other candidates are trying to serve the country. At least Trump has been successful when he has been working for himself and his investors. Maybe he could be successful if he tries to work for us.

Exactly!

Just as ICHY says. THAT is the question. Trump is rich and powerful already, so maybe his intentions are honorable. Probably not, but maybe. I am even less confident that the other candidates are trying to serve the country. At least Trump has been successful when he has been working for himself and his investors. Maybe he could be successful if he tries to work for us.

Egomaniacs don't work for others. They work for themselves.

Exactly!

You may be right. I just keep wondering why a billionaire who can do ANYTHING he wants (which probably includes owning presidents) would be willing to give up his freedom to be POTUS. He does not strike me as being so stupid that he would give up his freedom for an ego stroking. But I certainly may be wrong. He is fascinating to me, if not much else.

Exactly!

You may be right. I just keep wondering why a billionaire who can do ANYTHING he wants (which probably includes owning presidents) would be willing to give up his freedom to be POTUS. He does not strike me as being so stupid that he would give up his freedom for an ego stroking. But I certainly may be wrong. He is fascinating to me, if not much else.

it is a challenge to him to get elected. He may then mock those who elected him then resign. Who knows.

Exactly!

Power is a huge draw for some.

Archived