TUF

Ber798297

Mods, feel free to move this if I posted in wrong forum.

I have some questions about TUF and season tickets. This year, we are first time members/donors so we can get season tickets. We know we are low on the list but we were able to see a preliminary assignment of seats and they are in the west upper deck in the upper rows. We know that in our window of order time we may get better seats but I was shocked to find that we are in the nosebleed section with the amount of money we have to pay. In anyone's experience with season ticket purchase, is there any chance our seat assignment will improve and if so, by how much? I'm a little frustrated that I can buy the mini season tickets and be in the lower bowl and spend A LOT less money.

Oh and another question... If we choose not to buy tickets this year but donate again next year, do we move up in priority? Or another way of asking is, do I have to purchase season tickets to keep or move up my priority or can I just do my annual "donation" to TUF?

Any information is appreciated

Thanks in advance

WAR EAGLE!!

My understanding is in order to move up in the priority is based on how much cumulative you have donated through TUF AND the number of years you have bought tickets. If you choose not to buy this year, you will remain in the bottom next year due to having not bought tickets. Of course if you are a scholarship donor the rules (I think) are different. When your window opens you should be able to have some places to move. I look every year just to see if there is something better, but have never actually moved seats (we like our seats on the end of the row). But there are some seats that are closer to the field and more in the corner, we just like our seats.

I've been a TUF season ticket holder for 13 years and we sit in the North Endzone. Hope this helps.

I also sit in the North End Zone and have moved once (just down a few rows and closer to the aisle, same section). That was probably in our third year as TUF members. We are headed into our 6th year now. We like our current seats, but are debating moving (if possible) since future renovations could be a possibility and we would lose our seats.

I've been a tuf donor for over 20 years. I started off in the north end zone and have not moved since. I have considered giving more for better seats but since they installed the new score board last year I doubt I'll ever consider moving. The those sitting in the upper deck the new score board in my opinion was the best thing that could have happened for those fans.

My father was a TUF contributor with a corporate match for over 10 years and had 2 seats that were never moved from the nosebleed 6 rows from the top of the West Upper Deck. I was TUF member for 3 years and never had my seats upgraded either. I'm not trying to discourage you from purchasing tickets through TUF, but if you're not real picky about where you sit, you can save a bundle by purchasing tickets off the street and you won't get stuck with tickets due bad weather or pay a premium for the OOC patsie games.

I've never spent over $40 for a ticket off the street except for the 2005 Iron Bowl. I went to every home game (except for Bama) and also went to 1 road game this past season and was given pairs of tickets to 2 games, paid $40 for a pair club level tickets with free eats 1 game, and bought a 50 yd line ticket right behind the bench for $15 one game. I doubt I spent over $150 for the entire season, but bear in mind that it was a down season. I usually go to about half the home games and usually spend about $200 for the season on tickets. On the rare occasions that I don't find a ticket at a reasonable price, I usually tailgate with some friends that have a nice RV and satellite TV or head to a bar downtown where I can make $100 last a long time. I actually enjoy scouting tickets and cutting the best deal that I can. I encourage you to try it sometime for a change. Feel free to PM me for more info.

WDE and Good Luck!

We've been TUF donors and season ticket holders for close to 30 years. We've always been in the nosebleed section. We have moved only once to the other side of our section and are now on the 50 yard line. We could pay more to the TUF and then get to move down some, but it isn't worth it to us. We have come to love the people around us and we've become fast friends. We can see everything going on in the game perfectly, and other than the climb, it's great!

By and large, it's a scam IMO but I'm sure we've all had different experiences with TUF. Unless the system gets tweaked, I won't be a contributor again.

I used to buy season tickets when they went on sale to the public but got tired of seats being shuffled around so I joined TUF. Got gray zone seats in North End Zone and been able to keep the same seats since then. Each year, get the opportunity to adjust seats if I desire but like where I am at. Get to write the "donation" to TUF on my taxes but get to keep the same seats in a good location (not too much of a climb, good view of the new videoboard and I like end zone view). So it is worth it to me. Although it was a down year, I also had opportunity to get bowl tickets through the University based on my TUF membership (just shows how bad a season that it got down to a few year gray zone TUF member) - better ticket price tan most after market opportunities.

Archived