Shifting the O-Line

DThriftWarEagle

1 hour ago, thaitopher said:

Yep. I would have agreed with this statement before the Clemson game. The Clemson game just cemented that opinion for me. Makes me wonder if Gus wants to reward Leff for all his years of playing instead of choosing the best player. 

I think Leff graded out the highest among the OL for what it's worth. 

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

Not disagreeing but Pro Football Focus, whoever that is, rated Leff higher than any other offensive player Saturday night. That's a little frightening because that's not only linemen, that's all offensive players. 

Yeah I saw that as well. Thats how you know ratings can say one thing, while the eyes can see another.

8 hours ago, bigpapa100 said:

This is as good as it gets for now, Looking back at the incoming OL class of 2012- Miller,Callahan,Diamond,Young,Leff,Kozan and Adams. Hard to believe only 2 remain.

...and one of them is Leff, and the only one to declare early for the draft was Young... who didn't get drafted...

32 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

...and one of them is Leff, and the only one to declare early for the draft was Young... who didn't get drafted...

Patrick Miller declared early and wasnt drafted. 

Diamond : transferred this summer

Adams : transferred after graduating

Callahan: transferred to colorado. 

From 2013 we had 

Danzey from CC 

Deon Mix  

From 2014

Smith

Dampeer

So we havent really been lighting it up after 2012 with OL recruiting 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Forgot about Miller, good call. We've been bringing in the names... just not much sticking percentage-wise. 

Yeah i havent been tracking recruiting for a long time but i have records from 2010-  current and i update who makes the cut  who leaves  and for what reason and where they go for the most part.   I just wanted to see what our success ratio was.   

My guess is Gus knew the O line would struggle beforehand and tried to mask it with a game plan of gimmick qb substitutions and trickery.

No idea what changes are being made but I hope they involve using Pettway.

9 minutes ago, Shady Hollow AU said:

My guess is Gus knew the O line would struggle beforehand and tried to mask it with a game plan of gimmick qb substitutions and trickery.

Now there would be some logic to that. Unfortunately, there was no logic to his solution.

"There's a fire, I should do something." = good

"There's a fire, I should do something. Hand me a 2 liter of Coke and some Mentos. Huh? No, shut up, listen, it'll be totally rad." = bad

Archived