Sean White

tombigbeetiger

for a while now, i have watched sean white and he reminded me of somebody, but i couldn't put my finger on who it was....sitting here just now re-watching the game, and it finally hit me who he reminded me of....jeff burger....burger was bigger, but their throwing motion is very similar, and burger was one gritty, tough SOB andwhite appears to be gritty and we'll see if he can be as tough as burger....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really proud of Sean White last night: 244 yds passing and 3 TDs.  I believe that game was a true coming out of his shell kind of performance.  Grant it, it was Arky State.  However, he needed that kind of performance to gain confidence going into SEC play.  I'm excited to see what he can do against SEC competition.

2 hours ago, tombigbeetiger said:

for a while now, i have watched sean white and he reminded me of somebody, but i couldn't put my finger on who it was....sitting here just now re-watching the game, and it finally hit me who he reminded me of....jeff burger....burger was bigger, but their throwing motion is very similar, and burger was one gritty, tough SOB andwhite appears to be gritty and we'll see if he can be as tough as burger....

Good call Big Bee!

War Eagle to you!

Yes Sean is a leader and not lacking in confidence! If he can stay healthy our offense should continue to improve. Looking forward to seeing what he can do Sat night against the Aggies. Hope we have just as good play calling and will let him throw the ball downfield to open up the running game.

Never doubted him for a second. Last year we didn't see the fully capable Sean White.  The first few games he was not prepared mentally.  He admitted so in his interview.  He thought Jeremy Johnson has the job locked down and rightfully so with the hype Jeremy had last Summer.  Then when he was prepared mentally, he had a knee/ankle injury.  On his throwing foot for that matter.  Sean is a fighter, not afraid to put his foot in there and has a chip on his shoulder with people saying he isn't good.  Be ready for another angry Sean White Saturday night.  I am excited to be there in person decked out in blue for my section!

On September 11, 2016 at 5:35 PM, tombigbeetiger said:

Pretty good comparison. SW gonna have to step up his redneck-ness big time to match Burger.

I think the announcers were on point tonight at the tail end of the game. SW may not start next week but it's not his fault. He isn't the runner that Gus wants and he is far too good of a passer to just throw it within five yards every throw. I've said since before the season that SW wasn't dynamic enough to carry this offense and he's not. He's not even in the right offense to attempt to carry it. If he is a good passer, he shouldn't be at one point 12-16 passing for a mere 92 yards passing. That is so weak that makes game managers look like difference makers. Maybe SW will weather a coaching change and become better utilized, but until then, he is a square peg in a round hole offense. 

And yes, Gus is done. JF3's legs won't be able to rescue him and that's not a slight toward JF3. Gus brought in the yes- man coaches to revive his offense, eliminated the so-called distractions and he took more responsibility for offense this year, yet it still doesn't look any better than last year. Hate to say it but it's time to go back to square one.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

I think the announcers were on point tonight at the tail end of the game. SW may not start next week but it's not his fault. He isn't the runner that Gus wants and he is far too good of a passer to just throw it within five yards every throw. I've said since before the season that SW wasn't dynamic enough to carry this offense and he's not. He's not even in the right offense to attempt to carry it. If he is a good passer, he shouldn't be at one point 12-16 passing for a mere 92 yards passing. That is so weak that makes game managers look like difference makers. Maybe SW will weather a coaching change and become better utilized, but until then, he is a square peg in a round hole offense. 

And yes, Gus is done. JF3's legs won't be able to rescue him and that's not a slight toward JF3. Gus brought in the yes- man coaches to revive his offense, eliminated the so-called distractions and he took more responsibility for offense this year, yet it still doesn't look any better than last year. Hate to say it but it's time to go back to square one.

Jeff, I have to give it to you. I seldom agree with all of your posts, but this sums up my thoughts and feelings exactly. 

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

You are 100 % right.

9 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Remember how everyone used to say Gus tailored his O to match his QB? Yeah, nobody says that anymore. 

This!!! It's just embarrassing to watch these kids suffer.... They have talents and deserve much better coaching..

I am an Auburn man and owe no allegiance to a coach that is overpaid and consistently underperforms...GUS GOTTA GO!!!

1 hour ago, NoALtiger said:

Remember how everyone used to say Gus tailored his O to match his QB? Yeah, nobody says that anymore. 

Agree...I just don't understand him continuing with the trick plays and multiple fakes.  Every game.....

4 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

When your offense is only predicated on an dual threat guy, then you need to evolve your offense. And when your offensive line coach cannot challenge the offensive line in their biggest game of their careers then you need to rethink their role on your staff.

CGM is still convinced that his system will win games -- that it is just a failure of the players to execute. It's true that we see plenty of execution errors throughout the games, but how much of that is due to the players and how much due to CGM putting the players into situations that are destined to fail.

Chavis made defensive adjustments after getting gashed in the first quarter. CGM did not make any changes to counter the adjustments. He just kept plugging along with the same ol' same ol'. Yes, there were some mysteriously terrible decisions and bad plays by Auburn players at times, but you can't put these losses entirely on failure to execute. Defensive coordinators are not stupid and our opponents have guys who can line up and play ball.

Just like any leader of any organization, it is the primary purpose of the leader to put his team in position to win by giving them the skills and resources to succeed. CGM is certainly in over his head. People like to say he's "learning on the job," but I have yet to see a lot of learning going on.

The QB's we have just don't fit this system. How can we put so much emphasis on a system and not have the most important cog to make it work. Totally unacceptable, given we cannot seem to change to fit what we do have. We are no-where near being able to reload players each year.  We scour the JC market each year to find the most important cog in this offense, the QB. Who is evaluating recruiting and WHY, after 7 years of running this system,  are we not just reloading offensive players each year. Go figure.

11 minutes ago, auskull said:

The QB's we have just don't fit this system. How can we put so much emphasis on a system and not have the most important cog to make it work. Totally unacceptable, given we cannot seem to change to fit what we do have. We are no-where near being able to reload players each year.  We scour the JC market each year to find the most important cog in this offense, the QB. Who is evaluating recruiting and WHY, after 7 years of running this system,  are we not just reloading offensive players each year. Go figure.

Agree that the coaches have to get the players but remember 3 yrs ago AU was after Watson (Clemson) and Harris (LSU). A couple of years ago it was the kid that is now starting at FSU and another one that went to Ohio State I think. I think nearly all these guys "fit" the system just did not get them to AU. The coaches have to get them I get that, but that is why we are playing with our 6th or 7th option. 

The o line is not great either. I am tired of game plans that don't change. Sean throws well, the receivers can catch, two RBs can run; why do we suck? 

5 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

When your offense is only predicated on an dual threat guy, then you need to evolve your offense. And when your offensive line coach cannot challenge the offensive line in their biggest game of their careers then you need to rethink their role on your staff.

But really almost everyone offense needs a dual threat guy. What would have happened last night if Trevor Knight did not extend plays with his feet or run the ball like he did? They wouldn't have scored what they did. Trevor Knight is no great QB but he looked much better than any of our guys. 

2 minutes ago, alexava said:

The o line is not great either. I

Exactly.  Very disappointed to see a lot of blocking assignments being missed.  Last night, I know 2 to 3 for sure Garrett was not even attempted to be blocked.

5 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

The O-line coach is not even on the sideline to work with his guys...he's in the box while Rhett Lashley stands on the sideline ignoring his players...Rhett knows x's and o's but can't coach the Jimmy's and the Joe's... he is a playbook wonk...not a coach...

27 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

Agree that the coaches have to get the players but remember 3 yrs ago AU was after Watson (Clemson) and Harris (LSU). A couple of years ago it was the kid that is now starting at FSU and another one that went to Ohio State I think. I think nearly all these guys "fit" the system just did not get them to AU. The coaches have to get them I get that, but that is why we are playing with our 6th or 7th option. 

Ok, I remember. What now? Recruiting is the life blood of winning. There are always excuses for "how we got here" and I'm sure many coaches lost jobs by not being able to recruit players for "their system". So what does Gus do now, offer up excuses? Please take this in a positive way, I am in no way criticizing your response. I just have heard this throughout my life as an excuse for a business decision failure. 

Archived