Sean White

tombigbeetiger

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who came up with that play to have a pulling guard (opposite Garrett) block Miles Garrett? Poor ole Braden Smith could not even make it past the center position before Garrett clobbered the QB. We did it at least twice! Did anybody else notice that.

Just now, auskull said:

Who came up with that play to have a pulling guard (opposite Garrett) block Miles Garrett? Poor ole Braden Smith could not even make it past the center position before Garrett clobbered the QB. We did it at least twice! Did anybody else notice that.

I noticed it, my friend noticed it as well. It's in our text conversation. 

11 minutes ago, auskull said:

Ok, I remember. What now? Recruiting is the life blood of winning. There are always excuses for "how we got here" and I'm sure many coaches lost jobs by not being able to recruit players for "their system". So what does Gus do now, offer up excuses? Please take this in a positive way, I am in no way criticizing your response. I just have heard this throughout my life as an excuse for a business decision failure. 

I probably worded that wrong, I am agreeing with 80Tiger.

5 minutes ago, auskull said:

Bill Walsh. 

7 minutes ago, auskull said:

Well it worked on NCAA 15 ...

40 minutes ago, auskull said:

Yes. Saw it the first time and thought.. Ok this will not work.. When I saw them try it again all I could think of was the definition of insanity.. And our game plan and play calling is just that.. Insane

10 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I think the announcers were on point tonight at the tail end of the game. SW may not start next week but it's not his fault. He isn't the runner that Gus wants and he is far too good of a passer to just throw it within five yards every throw. I've said since before the season that SW wasn't dynamic enough to carry this offense and he's not. He's not even in the right offense to attempt to carry it. If he is a good passer, he shouldn't be at one point 12-16 passing for a mere 92 yards passing. That is so weak that makes game managers look like difference makers. Maybe SW will weather a coaching change and become better utilized, but until then, he is a square peg in a round hole offense. 

And yes, Gus is done. JF3's legs won't be able to rescue him and that's not a slight toward JF3. Gus brought in the yes- man coaches to revive his offense, eliminated the so-called distractions and he took more responsibility for offense this year, yet it still doesn't look any better than last year. Hate to say it but it's time to go back to square one.

Totally agree. Gus should be beaten in public for recruiting SW. He would be a good fit in the right system. Not so much for our one trick pony offense. 

I don't know if Gus could win huge with Cam right now. Seriously, I think we drop one or two. 

I thought we hired an "offensive guru" who could "create a playbook to match the players on the roster"?

Sean White BEAT DeShaun Watson for the Nike Elite 11 MVP award. That young man IS a quarterback. In any other system, with any level of intelligent play calling...and an O-line (Braden Smith at guard? 2 non-first rounders declaring early and "talent" on the bench???) he has a far better chance.

The rub of it is...this kid is an Auburn Man through and through. He committed, never wavered and has worked hard every day to be the best he can be for his team. He deserves FAR BETTER than this bush-league play calling (rolling him to his left for a 3rd and 3 pass?????). You abandon an effective Pettway after Q1? No passes over LOS / 5 yards? Our receivers are / were every bit as good as A&M's...but the scheme was horrendous. 

Once again...we are wasting talent...we are not putting these young men in a position to win, to have a shot. I feel sorry for SW...NAY...I feel sorry for them all.

Horrible coaching. Period.

3 hours ago, auskull said:

Ok, I remember. What now? Recruiting is the life blood of winning. There are always excuses for "how we got here" and I'm sure many coaches lost jobs by not being able to recruit players for "their system". So what does Gus do now, offer up excuses? Please take this in a positive way, I am in no way criticizing your response. I just have heard this throughout my life as an excuse for a business decision failure. 

Agreed. It's not an excuse and coaches should be and are held accountable for the talent

3 hours ago, 80Tiger said:

Agree that the coaches have to get the players but remember 3 yrs ago AU was after Watson (Clemson) and Harris (LSU). A couple of years ago it was the kid that is now starting at FSU and another one that went to Ohio State I think. I think nearly all these guys "fit" the system just did not get them to AU. The coaches have to get them I get that, but that is why we are playing with our 6th or 7th option. 

You left Lamar Jackson out of your QB whiff list.

Cam newton would have lost this game with the level of play calling we saw yesterday. Then that idiot Malzahn yanks White out of the game as if to deflect the blame upon him. White deserves better. Much better.

5 minutes ago, shabby said:

Cam newton would have lost this game with the level of play calling we saw yesterday. Then that idiot Malzahn yanks White out of the game as if to deflect the blame upon him. White deserves better. Much better.

Gus did not blame Sean .  He made that clear in the presser. 

Gus hasn't been the same since had all the success with Marshall and those 6 plays he ran for 2 years.  He didn't evolve the offense to suit JJ's or Sean's styles. Didn't or can't.

IMO he is just too stubborn to change. Successful coaches change when change is needed. Failures live on memories of past success and stagnate. 

That's exactly what Gus is doing right now. 

I just wonder what mental state the team is in now. Gus may not have many opportunities left to turn this Titanic around, even if that is possible.

Dual threat QB or Passing QB it starts in the O-Line. We have two really good guards and adequate Center and two Tackles that at this time are not up to SEC standards pass blocking but are decent run blockers..  Combine that with no offensive identity and mix in bad calls and you get Auburn's offense this year. Golson might be a good RT.  I think we need to see if James or Horton can play tackle.

1st Series we try pulling guard against one of the fasted DE's in the SEC and he sacked the QB almost as soon as ball arrives. We try play again later in the game and same result what a surprise.

In second series we go to power ball between the tackles  taking advantage of two great guards and what the tackles do well. Mix in quick pitch and quick passes and we drive down field and score.  Then we get away from what allowed us to score.  I am in the camp of do it till they stop it more than once. A&M's DE's were in SW's face  consistently which made long passing play impossible.

It is a shame because D was solid again especially when you look at all the 3 and outs we had on O.

50 minutes ago, alexava said:

Gus did not blame Sean .  He made that clear in the presser. 

Isn't making a qb change in the last quarter sending the message that the qb play was the problem. Seems the very essence of blaming the qb. Perhaps he could have changed the play calling instead of the qb.

Listen to him. He explicitly said Sean was not the problem.  He just wanted to see if John could ignite something. He was asked why there were no downfield passes, he said we called them but Sean didn't have time. 

19 minutes ago, alexava said:

Listen to him. He explicitly said Sean was not the problem.  He just wanted to see if John could ignite something. He was asked why there were no downfield passes, he said we called them but Sean didn't have time. 

He didn't throw anyone under the bus and to my knowledge, I can't recall him ever throwing a specific player under the bus in a post game presser. However, when asked about why Auburn didn't pass the ball in the middle of the field, he responded by saying it was a lack of overall execution in the passing game. And when further pressed, he said it wasn't ALL Sean's fault. The receivers dropped some passes too.

12 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

When your offense is only predicated on an dual threat guy, then you need to evolve your offense. And when your offensive line coach cannot challenge the offensive line in their biggest game of their careers then you need to rethink their role on your staff.

When Shug Jordan had Sullivan and Beasley his offense was a passing circus.  They graduated and he was left with a tough-as-nails offensive line and running back, a courageous (but not overly talented) QB, and a great defense.  He totally changed the character of his offense to grind yardage and he relied on his defense to win.  The result - The Amazins.  He was a coach who could change systems to fit his personnel.  We don't have that now.

Archived