Auburn vs. Ole Miss - TV Commentators

RunInRed

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

then who is the worse? moo u? MOO U stomped them by the way.

Mizzou did lose to MTSU. They got my nomination. So many SEC teams lost to very inferior competition this year. It's hard to pick. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 8:56 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Image result for Kaylee Hartung

Now that's a lot better than Holly Rowe!!!!

Love Brent's enthusiasm, but once he get's someone's name wrong, he never corrects it throughout the whole game. Isn't he the one that kept calling Kyle Davis---Kyle Allen?

9 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

Love Brent's enthusiasm, but once he get's someone's name wrong, he never corrects it throughout the whole game. Isn't he the one that kept calling Kyle Davis---Kyle Allen?

That don't bother me either. I just call him Kyle allen now. 

I wish all the TV announcers would stick to calling the football game and drop all the other fluff they talk about.  I hate it when they interview so called celibrities in the stands or on the sidelines during the game.    I also don't want to hear long winded  human interest stories about individual players.  They also show the coaches on the sidelines way too much.  Particularly if the coach is famous.   They try to get shots of coaches showing their tempers.   

why did they split herbie and mus up? does anyone know? i would love herbie to call more of our games. and did we not whoop him one year or am i having geezer memories again? seems like he wore one of those things where you could not see his eyes as well. sadly i get so much wrng now i have to ask. but i am interested in herbie and brent cus i thought they were a hoot most of the time.

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 0:56 AM, lca408 said:

It's time we all just sit back and accept it. We can't always have a Ron Franklin calling our games. Brent is nothing if not entertaining. One of my favorite parts of a game he is calling is trying to figure out just how many scotches he's had up to that point and then deciding how many he had during the broadcast. He's old, he forgets things and mixes up names just like Uncle Verne, but he's passionate about what he does and I can respect that. Granted, I'd prefer to have other commentators but I'll take what we can get because at least its on TV and it's better than Beth Mowins.

how old is BM? Not sure it this is Bowel Movement or Brent Musburger? Wouldn't it be great if Charles Barkley could be one of the commentators?

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

why did they split herbie and mus up? does anyone know? i would love herbie to call more of our games. and did we not whoop him one year or am i having geezer memories again? seems like he wore one of those things where you could not see his eyes as well. sadly i get so much wrng now i have to ask. but i am interested in herbie and brent cus i thought they were a hoot most of the time.

Herbie is the face of college football for ESPN. He is the franchise. They demoted brent and got fowler to be the lead play by play guy. I do not care how much herbie personally likes Brent he is not going to want to be calling sec network games that usually are not good games. He is going to want to continue to cover the marquee game they put on ABC.

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Herbie is the face of college football for ESPN. He is the franchise. They demoted brent and got fowler to be the lead play by play guy. I do not care how much herbie personally likes Brent he is not going to want to be calling sec network games that usually are not good games. He is going to want to continue to cover the marquee game they put on ABC.

This. Herbstreit always covers the 8pm ABC game - they want him on Primetime because he knows what he's talking about both due to actually doing research and being a player. Also does a very good job of not being biased when calling a game - that's something I've noticed personally when watching games.

7 minutes ago, Charleston Tiger said:

This. Herbstreit always covers the 8pm ABC game - they want him on Primetime because he knows what he's talking about both due to actually doing research and being a player. Also does a very good job of not being biased when calling a game - that's something I've noticed personally when watching games.

I caught the end of the OSU-PSU game last week and noticed that on the play the outcome was decided, he went silent for about a minute. He was clearly having a reaction to his alma mater's loss. But, at least he did it off mic.

I like Herbie, but he's a little too gosh darn wholesome for me sometimes.

On 10/28/2016 at 6:52 AM, msza said:

I caught the end of the OSU-PSU game last week and noticed that on the play the outcome was decided, he went silent for about a minute. He was clearly having a reaction to his alma mater's loss. But, at least he did it off mic.

I like Herbie, but he's a little too gosh darn wholesome for me sometimes.

i mentioned this as well in the game thread. it was like he actually left the booth. He didnt say one word for a minute. I still wonder why they allow him to do OSU games.

The only guys I dislike more than Jesse are Andre Ware and Gilmore....I prefer Blackledge all day long.

I never got the love for Ron Franklin. He was beyond boring to me. I need a announcer who adds excitement to a broadcast when the moment calls for it. Thats why Gus Johnson will always be one of my favorites. It enhances the broadcast.

Archived