Auburn with shot at Sugar Bowl

abw0004

Best case for us is Florida to lose but do some damage to uat to make them subject to getting beat in the playoffs.  What I really want is for AU either through a new OC or HC to get a team that can send Saban packing, and send the turd fans back to their hell holes probably located underneath Walmart. WDE

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Best case for us is Florida to lose but do some damage to uat to make them subject to getting beat in the playoffs.  What I really want is for AU either through a new OC or HC to get a team that can send Saban packing, and send the turd fans back to their hell holes probably located underneath Walmart. WDE

No damage needs to be done for them to be subject to being beat in the play-offs.  They don't have a dominant offense this year, so any team that can score on them can beat them. Considering pass defense is their weakness (all be it a small one), pretty much any team they face, of the 3, could take them down.

36 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Maybe... if you ask a lot of people around here, the SEC, outside of bama, sucked this year.

The West was down from normal years but to say it flat sucked is laughable.

6 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

No damage needs to be done for them to be subject to being beat in the play-offs.  They don't have a dominant offense this year, so any team that can score on them can beat them. Considering pass defense is their weakness (all be it a small one), pretty much any team they face, of the 3, could take them down.

I agree wholeheartedly. They have looked good because the SEC has been really bad. That said I will wish for any help that can assure their demise. hey have and will have a tougher time with the playoffs because there will be no SEC officials to help them. WDE

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The West was down from normal years but to say it flat sucked is laughable.

I don't disagree. Still... I don't think Kelly faced enough juggernaut defenses to make up for the difference in numbers he was able to put up vs. Mayfield. I think Kelly was the best the SEC had to offer, this year, but I think Mayfield is among the nation's elite... Kelly... not so much.

17 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I don't disagree. Still... I don't think Kelly faced enough juggernaut defenses to make up for the difference in numbers he was able to put up vs. Mayfield. I think Kelly was the best the SEC had to offer, this year, but I think Mayfield is among the nation's elite... Kelly... not so much.

True but if I remember correctly you are an OU fan right? So there could be some tint in those glasses. I know you were all in on him beating Houston before that game.

I think the sec west as a whole would have been much better if not plagued by injury. We'd likely have beat uga, A&M would have knight for the whole year, we all know the "what ifs" from lsu. Maybe it was just because we had a lot of injuries down the stretch but the west seemed more beat up than usual since it lost so many of its stars to injury at some point this year

37 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

They don't have a dominant offense this year, so any team that can score on them can beat them. Considering pass defense is their weakness (all be it a small one), pretty much any team they face, of the 3, could take them down.e play-offs.  

I would love it if AU had an offense (run by an 18 yr old truefrosh QB) that was averaging +/- 40 ppg and a defense that averaged giving up +/- 11 ppg and for folks to "think" the offense wasn't dominant AND the defense has weaknesses.  I would love it even more if that same defense had given up only 137 points in 12 games and scored 56 points on their own.

I'd be >>>:bananadance:all day every day!

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

True but if I remember correctly you are an OU fan right? So there could be some tint in those glasses. I know you were all in on him beating Houston before that game.

You don't remember correctly.  I can't stand OU (or most of the other schools in the midwest, where I live and have to put up with their fans) and have wanted revenge on "chokelahoma" ever since they stole our spot in 2004. If there's any tint on my glasses, it goes against him, not for him. 

At the same time, I can't deny that Mayfield is a heck of a QB, because he is.

I don't recall discussing him before the Houston game.  I usually don't even follow other teams until their win/loss record can effect our future.

17 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

You don't remember correctly.  I can't stand OU (or most of the other schools in the midwest, where I live and have to put up with their fans) and have wanted revenge on "chokelahoma" ever since they stole our spot in 2004. If there's any tint on my glasses, it goes against him, not for him. 

At the same time, I can't deny that Mayfield is a heck of a QB, because he is.

I don't recall discussing him before the Houston game.  I usually don't even follow other teams until their win/loss record can effect our future.

People were talking week 1 upsets & this being a highly preseason rated OU team that would choke again. You said that wouldn't happen and they would beat Houston because of BM. My bad for getting the rest wrong.

25 minutes ago, keesler said:

I would love it if AU had an offense (run by an 18 yr old truefrosh QB) that was averaging +/- 40 ppg and a defense that averaged giving up +/- 11 ppg and for folks to "think" the offense wasn't dominant AND the defense has weaknesses.  I would love it even more if that same defense had given up only 137 points in 12 games and scored 56 points on their own.

I'd be >>>:bananadance:all day every day!

First... their offense doesn't score +/- 40 points per game.  Their defensive scores actually won several games for them. Heck they only had 5 more offense touchdowns on the year than we did, and that counts the games where we couldn't move the ball at all. When they faced solid defenses, they scored 10 against LSU and 13 against us, until our lack of offense wore our defense out.  They do not have a dominant offense this year. Heck... Missouri, who sucked, had more yards per game and more total touchdowns.  bama dominates this year because they have a great defense.

Second I VERY clearly said that their passing defense was a small weakness. Compared to the rest of their D, it is the least dominant part and the part that has been challenged the least, but will be challenged the most by the pass heavy offenses they will face.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

People were talking week 1 upsets & this being a highly preseason rated OU team that would choke again. You said that wouldn't happen and they would beat Houston because of BM. My bad for getting the rest wrong.

I don't remember that, but it certainly could have happened, since I did think he was going to make them formidable, this year... just like I think he will be the challenge for us in the Sugar Bowl. 

FYI...

SUGAR BOWL New Orleans, La. | Jan. 2

vs. Oklahoma (Colin Becht, Sports Illustrated)

vs. Oklahoma (Bill Bender, Sporting News)

vs. Oklahoma (Jason Kirk, SB Nation)

vs. Oklahoma (Steve Lassan, Athlon Sports)

vs. Oklahoma (Stewart Mandel, FOX Sports)

vs. Oklahoma State (Brett McMurphy, ESPN)

No opponent listed (Greg Ostendorf, ESPN)

vs. Oklahoma (Jerry Palm, CBS Sports)

vs. Oklahoma (Mark Schlabach, ESPN)

vs. Oklahoma (Erick Smith, USA Today)

An invite to the Sugar Bowl would be a great accomplishment.

I know a lot of you are down on Gus right now, but in 4 seasons he has brought us an SEC title, an NC appearance, and probably now a Sugar Bowl appearance. That is success by any standard.

Here's a question for y'all: Would you take the same list of accomplishments over the next four years versus a random outcome? So, from 2017-2021 would you be happy if we win another SEC title, make an NC game, and another Major 6 bowl? Or would that fall short of expectations? Curious what you'd pick.

5 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Maybe... if you ask a lot of people around here, the SEC, outside of bama, sucked this year.

Matter of fact,

ask a lot of people around here

SEC, outside of bama, kinda sucks

3 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Matter of fact,

ask a lot of people around here

SEC, outside of bama, kinda sucks

Yea... but they believed that when Shula was the coach, too...

I kinda would like to see us get a chance at OU for that beatdown they put on us ´72. The players deserve it, especially the seniors. However, although I hate to beat a dead horse, I have no confidence in our offensive coaches to do anything but embarrass us. It all depends on how healthy we will be in January, I guess.

Lol the best case scenario is for Florida to get destroyed, us play and win the sugar bowl getting a nice little trophy and then the turds losing to most likely Washington or Wisky and walking away with nothing

3 hours ago, msza said:

I know a lot of you are down on Gus right now, but in 4 seasons he has brought us an SEC title, an NC appearance, and probably now a Sugar Bowl appearance. That is success by any standard.

Here's a question for y'all: Would you take the same list of accomplishments over the next four years versus a random outcome? So, from 2017-2021 would you be happy if we win another SEC title, make an NC game, and another Major 6 bowl? Or would that fall short of expectations? Curious what you'd pick.

bad years, good years. I'll take them all. can not tolerate watching the coaches squandering games the players are up to winning, ANY YEAR. 

2014: getting concerned

2015: getting VERY concerned

2016: WHAT THE HELL COACH?

4 hours ago, msza said:

If it includes another 6 game losing streak to uga and uat count me out.  Now throw in WINNING the NC and maybe one more trip to ATL then now we're talkin. 

10 minutes ago, Tiger said:

From a matchup perspective, would we rather play OU or Okey State?

Based on an easier win, OkState has a worse rush defense than Oklahoma. Guessing we likely won't be doing much passing but who knows.

I'd rather play Oklahoma, personally.

6 minutes ago, Charhair said:

Based on an easier win, OkState has a worse rush defense than Oklahoma. Guessing we likely won't be doing much passing but who knows.

I'd rather play Oklahoma, personally.

Gotcha. From a "name brand" viewpoint, beating OU will be better for us. But the way we were limping to the finish line and with all this extra time for Gus to come up with more whirlybird equivalent plays I'm debating whether or not we should just root fot the easier path to a W

15 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

Lol the best case scenario is for Florida to get destroyed, us play and win the sugar bowl getting a nice little trophy and then the turds losing to most likely Washington or Wisky and walking away with nothing

Could you imagine Alabama losing to a team like Washington? Utah 2.0!

Archived