Auburn with shot at Sugar Bowl

abw0004

Unless I'm way out in left field, it looks like we'll be playing Oklahoma in the 2017 Sugar bowl. Oklahoma is 10-2 & Auburn is 8-4.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

The turds will lose in the 1st round whoever they play. It will happen & mark it down and pay homage to the Doc on this one!

I think it´s almost a done deal that they will play WA. Go Huskies! Imagine their disappointment if they lose to a PAC-10 team like WA. We will get a year´s worth of enjoyment out of that!

1 minute ago, Dan-0 said:

I think it´s almost a done deal that they will play WA. Go Huskies! Imagine their disappointment if they lose to a PAC-10 team like WA. We will get a year´s worth of enjoyment out of that!

I regret to say that Udub will never know what hit them...JMO  bama D will overwhelm them.

3 minutes ago, Tiger Scout said:

auburns performance on offense was way worse then florida. we could even pass or run

Wondering if you actually fact check your posts.

Gators had 30 rushing attempts for 0 (ZERO) yards.

24 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Unless I'm way out in left field, it looks like we'll be playing Oklahoma in the 2017 Sugar bowl. Oklahoma is 10-2 & Auburn is 8-4.

I don't know of any other place you would be.  :dunno:

18 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I think AU is sugar bound. :wareagle:

Yep, even my wife agrees that Florida has got to drop a few notches after THAT blowout!

Feel like I should take a shower after rooting for the Turds though.

42 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I regret to say that Udub will never know what hit them...JMO  bama D will overwhelm them.

I think you're probably right.

4 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

OU they're blue bloods in college football. OSU is just OSU with lots of money and not much to show for it.

Texas A&M Part 2.

So once the healthy tigers beat up n them Sooners will this be a very good year or still a disappointment?    I think we run over them and everyone will be very content.   If we win and get stidam, Gus will get a statue.  

14 minutes ago, lala said:

So once the healthy tigers beat up n them Sooners will this be a very good year or still a disappointment?    I think we run over them and everyone will be very content.   If we win and get stidam, Gus will get a statue.  

I'd say at that point it's a good year, not very good. A very good year is a minimum of 10 wins. I still like Gus but Jacobs should not even buy his lunch for some of the decisions he made this year. ( I know the statue part was a joke). 

6 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I'd say at that point it's a good year, not very good. A very good year is a minimum of 10 wins. I still like Gus but Jacobs should not even buy his lunch for some of the decisions he made this year. ( I know the statue part was a joke). 

If CGM could just resist doing the play calling and stick by his promise to be the "Head Coach", I would be much happier.

10 minutes ago, gr82be said:

It was!   I really think we have a great shot to beat OU if heathy.  

5 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I like that we will probably be playing Oklahoma. I want to play someone good. It will be fun. 

As long as it is not Wisconsin. Our recent post season record against them is horrid.

1 hour ago, lala said:

I would say that it would be a solid/content year, not necessarily good. The good thing is that there was improvement from last year (which wasn't that hard to do). Had we beat UGA and Clemson this would have been a very good year. If we win and get Stidham I'd venture to say the majority of us would be fairly happy heading into 2017. 

3 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Too funny.

3 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Wondering if you actually fact check your posts.

Gators had 30 rushing attempts for 0 (ZERO) yards.

We had 182 yards of offense, while Florida had 261 yards. 

Florida's offense actually drove the length of the field multiple times and scored touchdowns. We had one drive by our offense where we drove the length of the field in the 3rd quarter that got us a FG. None of our other offensive drives where we had to drive the length of the field resulted in points. We got 9 of our points because of a punt return and the 2 interceptions. We didn't score a touchdown, even when the special teams and defense tried to set the offense up with good field position. I'm sorry but trying to quibble about Florida's offense having 0 rushing yards is a moot point.

Now if you want to compare defenses, then that's a different story. Our defense played way better than Florida's defense did. I know Florida's QB threw 3 interceptions and they had a punt blocked, but Florida's defense didn't hold up as well as our's did. Alabama's offense still scored scored a lot without the help of turnovers. When Florida got stopped on 4th down at the 2 yard line in the 3rd quarter, Alabama's offense answered with a 98 yard touchdown drive making it 40-16 and basically ending any chance Florida had of keeping the game close.

Yeah I have to agree. Florida did better offensively off of pure eye test alone. They didn't make the running game happen, but their passing schemes were pretty damn good. McElwain drew up and called great plays. FL's offensive line did relatively well pass blocking. Austin Appleby is pretty not good. A Will Grier would've at least made the margin half as bad imo. 

Archived