Auburn with shot at Sugar Bowl

abw0004

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, AUeng said:

I'd like to see Auburn go to the Sugar Bowl, but can't say I'd be too upset if Florida wins the SEC championship.

Yeah, a rare win/win, huh?

Maybe our stellar defensive first half was impressive enough considering we were without our horses on offense. 

11 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

Yeah, a rare win/win, huh?

That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm cheering for Auburn to go to the Sugar Bowl, but will be happy if Florida wins! 

33 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm cheering for Auburn to go to the Sugar Bowl, but will be happy if Florida wins! 

I don't want Florida to win. All that does is hurt us. The turds are a lock for the playoffs at this point. 

43 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I don't want Florida to win. All that does is hurt us. The turds are a lock for the playoffs at this point. 

this

They're a lock to make the playoffs no matter what.

16 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

If not the Sugar bowl, which bowl might go to?

Citrus, but unless the committee decides to magically switch us and LSU, for no reason, we are Sugar Bowl bound, by default.

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I agree they are a lock for the playoffs but I don´t see how Florida winning hurts us. I would like to see the Gators give them a good scare and knock some of that invincible swag they have out of them, thus setting them up for a first-round playoff defeat.

:Sing:

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

If not the Sugar bowl, which bowl might go to?

Citrus if Florida pulls off a shocker versus Bama.

1 hour ago, Dan-0 said:

I agree they are a lock for the playoffs but I don´t see how Florida winning hurts us. I would like to see the Gators give them a good scare and knock some of that invincible swag they have out of them, thus setting them up for a first-round playoff defeat.

:Sing:

Florida winning would put them above us in the rankings and would be going to the Sugar Bowl.

2 minutes ago, WEagle24 said:

Florida winning would put them above us in the rankings and would be going to the Sugar Bowl.

Got it. I watched the Gators vs. FSU and saw little chance they have the offense to score any points on the Bama defense, so I would bet the farm on UAT winning.

15 minutes ago, WEagle24 said:

Doesn't matter if they were ranked below us in that scenario. If available the SEC Champ goes to Nola for the Sugar no matter where they are ranked.

My extended family in central Florida are a bunch of former Gator players & bull Gator supporters. Should have seen the veins popping on their necks when I brought up their 3 TD loss this season to the same healthy Arky team we beat by 53 points.

15 hours ago, DAG said:

Oklahoma or Oklahoma State huh? We should be able to run all over them, tbh. Good test for the defense.

Huge test for D if it's Oklahoma.  As expected, Baker Mayfield has the second best completion ratio and the most yards per attempt in the nation. He's heads and shoulders better than any QB we've faced so far.  We better hope our line is ready to play lights out.

33 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Huge test for D if it's Oklahoma.  As expected, Baker Mayfield has the second best completion ratio and the most yards per attempt in the nation. He's heads and shoulders better than any QB we've faced so far.  We better hope our line is ready to play lights out.

I don't think he's much better than a healthy Chad Kelly, which we faced. Yes I know he tore us up. Point being we have seen 1 very good QB this year.

Just now, ellitor said:

I don't think he's much better than a healthy Chad Kelly, which we faced. Yes I know he tore us up. Point being we have seen 1 very good QB this year.

He may not be, but his numbers are A LOT better, even when Kelly was healthy.

8 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

He may not be, but his numbers are A LOT better, even when Kelly was healthy.

Defensive competition outside of tOSU & maybe WVU was A LOT easier too.

WOW!  2 weeks ago my sister asked me if I wanted to get Sugar Bowl tickets with her and her family.  (A FL HS band she has worked with is going to be playing there) 

I said there is no way AU is getting into the Sugar Bowl.  Apparently, I was wrong!

Assuming a mostly healthy AU squad by then I would love to see us play OU in the Sugar.  A win there would go a little way to restoring some of my faith in Gus and give us positive momentum into next year. 

27 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Defensive competition outside of tOSU & maybe WVU was A LOT easier too.

Maybe... if you ask a lot of people around here, the SEC, outside of bama, sucked this year.

Archived