Tuberville Stepping Down at Cincinnati

jared52

29 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Well like I said I don't care to have Tuberville as AD. I understand that he is way too low key for the job and he'd rather be duck hunting. But let's not him bash him as HC to prove a point. 

?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/13/2016 at 9:16 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Do any of you here know Tubs? If you did you would know that he isn't a AD type. Reading this thread could make me lose all faith in the AU people. Wow just wow. 

I agree, but Jay Jacobs was farther away from being an AD-type when he was grandfathered in to the AD role than CTT is now.  As long as AU people think Jay Jacobs is a competent AD for AU makes me lose more faith in AU people than hiring CTT as AD would.

wde

On 12/12/2016 at 1:10 PM, bigbird said:

'99=5-6

'00=9-4

'01=7-5

'02=9-4

'03=8-5

'04=13-0

'05=9-3

'06=11-2

'07=9-4

'08=5-7

IMO, he was avg to decent. More than anything he was inconsistent and always choked against inferior teams. Always had a good D, but could never put it all together. He was good at developing talent, but sucked at recruiting it.  He coached in a weak SEC west and only put it together 1 time on a team loaded with NFL talent. If he was at AU today, fans would be demanding his head and would've been fired after year 4 or 5.  85-40 is barely what I would consider decent and when looking at who he lost to in would say it drips him down a notch. Tuberville's overall win pct is .618...To compare, Bielema's is ..655. I know nostalgia will tell some otherwise, and I get my opinion won't be popular, but that's what I think.

I would've disagreed with you until I saw the facts. I guess all the wins over Bama have clouded our memories a-little.

A worse winning percentage than Burt, I would not have thought that, without seeing it.

Archived