NSD 2017 discussion thread

ellitor

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heck yeah it would. Seriously, if we somehow land Bryant and Parks on the edge to go along with Manning, Jackson, and Treusdell inside, this turns out to be a really good DL class on the heels of a great DL class last year with Brown and Jackson inside, Coe, Davidson, and James on the outside. That would be a monster group in the last two years.

5 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Come on Bryant, get that LOI emailed in. 

To uat I hope. I would prefer him send a NLI to AU via fax.

1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Remember when Byron Cowart was the #1 recruit? 

If Parks also signs with us, he is getting buried on the roster. Never to see the light of day. 

I love the idea we might have so much talent we can just reload like that. What a day. 

Just now, mikeholiday said:

If Parks also signs with us, he is getting buried on the roster. Never to see the light of day. 

I love the idea we might have so much talent we can just reload like that. What a day. 

I disagree with that. The kid can play. 

Yeah my disappointment might be coloring my opinion of him. I had high hopes when he first signed.  

I know Byron's development has been discussed a ton on AUF, but you know that he was just bigger and faster than everyone in HS, and when he got to Auburn it was like a culture shock to him. But I could see this year being big for him especially if the DT talk holds true. 

6 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Remember when Byron Cowart was the #1 recruit? 

Yeah.  Shame that 5-star dudes never fail to live up to expectations anywhere but Auburn.

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

I know Byron's development has been discussed a ton on AUF, but you know that he was just bigger and faster than everyone in HS, and when he got to Auburn it was like a culture shock to him. But I could see this year being big for him especially if the DT talk holds true. 

For sure. With Adams gone, we need somebody to create some interior pressure. I certainly hope that happens. He showed a good bullrush at times last season. I just don't see a favorable depth chart at DE for him any longer. 

For sure. With Adams gone, we need somebody to create some interior pressure. I certainly hope that happens. He showed a good bullrush at times last season. I just don't see a favorable depth chart at DE for him any longer. 

There's a spot open for him at DT if he wins it!

Just now, AuburnTiger4Life said:

In fairness to him, he wasn't the only defensive lineman to not develop well under muschamp. 

In fairness to him, it's not always the coaching.

10 minutes ago, mikeholiday said:

Respectfully disagree. He can compete immediately at WDE. Holland can't play the run plus signing Bryant & Parks allows us to put TD exclusively at LB.

1 minute ago, au701948 said:

I love that Rivals apparently does not show  J. Stidham at all and has us rated only at #11 last time I looked. This must be their day to take a nap.

They don't consider him a juco transfer since he did not play juco ball & refuse to put him in the class because of it.

Just now, ellitor said:

Respectfully disagree. He can compete immediately at WDE. Holland can't play the run plus signing Bryant & Parks allows us to put TD exclusively at LB.

if we have spots lets just get them (him) on board then figure it out where they would all play.  

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Wait, are we both talking about Cowart? 

4 minutes ago, au701948 said:

I love that Rivals apparently does not show  J. Stidham at all and has us rated only at #11 last time I looked. This must be their day to take a nap.

What E. said.

They are the only recruiting service pulling such a BS move, BTW.

If we get Parks, this would be a monster class despite the lack of star power coverage we all seem to clamor for on NSD. If our D can can stay stocked with talent it will undoubtedly pave the way to prosperity.

Archived