NSD 2017 discussion thread

ellitor

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Yes we can but he may not want to now that we have a Buck committed.

Have a feeling he'll sign with us when all is said and done.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Not quite

I'm so confused. 

He was going to sign with AU, but backed out in tears because he wants to go to Bama, but now they are full? 

If the case is the he didn't want to compete with Bryant, why doesn't uat have this problem? They have no trouble loading up on LBs and DL when they already have a bunch committed and on the roster. Does AU just go for the guys who are afraid of competition on the practice field?

Just now, passthebiscuits said:

i was told that he was going to sign with Bama and they pulled last minute, but he couldn't pull the trigger on auburn.

so what is he going to do then?

1 minute ago, passthebiscuits said:

i was told that he was going to sign with Bama and they pulled last minute, but he couldn't pull the trigger on auburn.

Per @AndrewJBone, Jarez Parks spot at Alabama is contingent on Labryan Ray's decision. Details on the situation:

https://n.rivals.com/news/rivals250-prospect-jarez-parks-fights-through-tears-to-delay-announcment

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol E he was going to bama if they had a spot. They have a surplus of EVERYTHING on defense.

Haven't looked at their class to see if they have anyone signed at his particular LB spot.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Per @AndrewJBone, Jarez Parks spot at Alabama is contingent on Labryan Ray's decision. Details on the situation:

https://n.rivals.com/news/rivals250-prospect-jarez-parks-fights-through-tears-to-delay-announcment

This makes sense. He seems disappointed but I can't see why he would cry because of Bryant's commitment. 

I think he got the chair pulled out from under him. 

2 minutes ago, jared52 said:

If the case is the he didn't want to compete with Bryant, why doesn't uat have this problem? They have no trouble loading up on LBs and DL when they already have a bunch committed and on the roster. Does AU just go for the guys who are afraid of competition on the practice field?

Exactly. I don't but that theory. I think Saban sucker punched him. It's what he does. 

Whispers say that we are pushing hard right now. He's got family in his ear though. 

his family wants him to stay home at florida or fsu?

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

COME ON RAY! PICK BAMA!!!

Damn that scares me I'm saying that.

Whispers say that we are pushing hard right now. He's got family in his ear though. 

I hope that family isn't saying to wait on Bama....I'd be HOT if I was asked to hang on because they preferred someone else. 

1 minute ago, mikeholiday said:

This makes sense. He seems disappointed but I can't see why he would cry because of Bryant's commitment. 

I think he got the chair pulled out from under him. 

There's many players in bamas class that are less talented than Parks. Not having a spot for him makes no sense. Maybe they're just not as smart as we think 

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

COME ON RAY! PICK BAMA!!!

Damn that scares me I'm saying that.

but bama has known he was coming for the longest time!!! they are just toying with the poor kid.

Just now, icanthearyou said:

May end up being the biggest surprise of all.

Yep.....

AU is one of them mentioned in this article.

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yes we can but he may not want to now that we have a Buck committed.

Parks could play the other DE spot. He is already 255. 15 pounds wouldn't be crazy for him to put on. 

Tbh we could shift to a more traditional 4-3 and play both. 

Or shift to a 3-4. 

Great teams adapt their scheme to their players. 

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

but bama has known he was coming for the longest time!!! they are just toying with the poor kid.

I think Bama was leading him along for insurance. Telling him last minute gave them complete control over the situation 

15 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

What I'd been hearing was that Parks was one of several guys Bama contacted this morning to ask to greyshirt because they were over on their numbers.  He might have just wanted to not sign with someone else in the immediate emotion of the news.  Supposed to decide this afternoon.

This makes sense. Typical Bama move on NSD.

2 minutes ago, mikeholiday said:

Parks could play the other DE spot. He is already 255. 15 pounds wouldn't be crazy for him to put on. 

Tbh we could shift to a more traditional 4-3 and play both. 

Or shift to a 3-4. 

Great teams adapt their scheme to their players. 

Cool. Would more than make up for miss Ryan Johnson as the strongside defensive end in the class.

Archived