NSD 2017 discussion thread

ellitor

Just now, ellitor said:

I don't expect any. There is only 1 spot left in the class.

keith said AU might not be done MIGHT.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, corchjay said:

Is that with or without the long snapper?

With as posted in his thread. Him signing means we went ahead & counted him in this class.

Sharks' Jarez Parks shocks crowd, delays college choice
Jon Santucci , jon.santucci@tcpalm.comPublished 11:15 a.m. ET Feb. 1, 2017 | Updated 3 minutes ago

SEBASTIAN — In an unexpected turn of events, Sebastian River High School 4-star defensive end/outside linebacker Jarez Parks opted not to announce his college decision Wednesday morning.

Parks took his turn at the table during the school's National Signing Day ceremony and got very emotional.

"(God) has a plan. He will never leave me or forsake me and for that I will always lean on him," Parks told hundreds in the school auditorium while wiping tears.

"And for that I am going to listen to him, let him lead way. The only thing I can do is follow him and for that I will not be announcing where I will be attending today. But, by the end of the day I will be announcing where I will continue the next four years of my life."

Sebastian River coach Kevin Pettis had a letter on the podium from Auburn for Parks to sign, but he also had Alabama, Florida and Florida State as finalists.

"I'm shocked," Pettis said after the ceremony. "In 17 years I have never seen anything like this. You saw my reaction when he said it. This is the first I have heard of it."

http://www.tcpalm.com/story/sports/high-school/flag-football/2017/02/01/sharks-jarez-parks-shocks-crowd-delays-college-choice/97338446/

What's funny is, if we somehow land Parks as well, this defensive line class goes from bad to "Wait, we're bringing in five DL guys? This group is pretty dang good!"

It would be Tashawn Manning (DT), Alec Jackson (DT/DE), Tyrone Truesdell (DT/NG), Markaviest Bryant (DE), and Jarez Parks (DE/LB). That would be a great group.

Just now, mcgufcm said:

What's funny is, if we somehow land Parks as well, this defensive line class goes from bad to "Wait, we're bringing in five DL guys? This group is pretty dang good!"

It would be Tashawn Manning (DT), Alec Jackson (DT/DE), Tyrone Truesdell (DT/NG), Markaviest Bryant (DE), and Jarez Parks (DE/LB). That would be a great group.

Still missing an elite DT, but otherwise I agree.

1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

So Jarez Parks was about to sign with Auburn before he delayed his announcement.  Wow 

I'm lost now. What is going on?

And this was supposed to be a boring NSD. 

Hate to say it but Bryant probably shocked Parks. We are recruiting both for the Buck position & he may have backed out when we got Bryant.

E got a question for you.  If Whitlow were to be clear of academics getting scores or test scores up and he blew up in basketball recruiting could he then sign a BB LOI somewhere else and go there?  I don't think he will get a bigger name then Auburn even in basketball tho.  Just a question mainly for future reference.

Just now, mikeholiday said:

I'm lost now. What is going on?

And this was supposed to be a boring NSD. 

Basically, Was expected to sign with Bama. Was actually gonna surprise and sign with Auburn but broke down and couldn't do it. Poor guy 

1 minute ago, thaitopher said:

Still missing an elite DT, but otherwise I agree.

Unfortinately there are very very few in the class. We have 2 DTs overall in the class though with Jackson & Manning.

Just now, aubietiger14 said:

Could this Parks situation be a case of the kid wanting to come to Auburn but getting family pressure to sign with Bama?   Or did bama pull his offer?

What I'd been hearing was that Parks was one of several guys Bama contacted this morning to ask to greyshirt because they were over on their numbers.  He might have just wanted to not sign with someone else in the immediate emotion of the news.  Supposed to decide this afternoon.

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

E got a question for you.  If Whitlow were to be clear of academics getting scores or test scores up and he blew up in basketball recruiting could he then sign a BB LOI somewhere else and go there?  I don't think he will get a bigger name then Auburn even in basketball tho.  Just a question mainly for future reference.

He would have to sit an academic year. Once you sign you are bound to that school for 1 year unless you go to a juco.

1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Basically, Was expected to sign with Bama. Was actually gonna surprise and sign with Auburn but broke down and couldn't do it. Poor guy 

Not quite

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

We can take both Bryant and Parks... don't see what the hold up is, we have a spot.

Probably Parks being torn as to what to do.

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

no, once signed that is it unless granted a release

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

We can take both Bryant and Parks... don't see what the hold up is, we have a spot.

Yes we can but he may not want to now that we have a Buck committed.

Just now, ellitor said:

Yes we can but he may not want to now that we have a Buck committed.

lol E he was going to bama if they had a spot. They have a surplus of EVERYTHING on defense.

Archived