Trump gives Trans the b00t.

Mims44

Apparently, the Joint Chiefs of Staff would like to see something a little more formal than a tweet:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/chairman-of-joint-chiefs-of-staff-says-no-changes-yet-to-transgender-policy_us_597a016ce4b02a4ebb73a0b9?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Chairman Of Joint Chiefs Of Staff Says No Changes Yet To Transgender Policy

“In the meantime, we will continue to treat all of our personnel with respect,” General Joseph Dunford wrote.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - General Joseph Dunford, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said in a written message on Thursday to military leaders that there has been no change yet to the military’s policy on transgender personnel, despite plans for a ban announced by President Donald Trump.

“There will be no modifications to the current policy until the President’s direction has been received by the Secretary of Defense and the Secretary has issued implementation guidance,” Dunford said in the written message to service chiefs, commanders and senior enlisted leaders, seen by Reuters.

“In the meantime, we will continue to treat all of our personnel with respect. As importantly, given the current fight and the challenges we face, we will all remain focused on accomplishing our assigned missions.”

Regardless of one's opinions on the order itself, blurting it out on Twitter is just another in a long line of careless, bumbling ways of handling important issues by Trump.  

I can't believe this guy is 70 years old.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Regardless of one's opinions on the order itself, blurting it out on Twitter is just another in a long line of careless, bumbling ways of handling important issues by Trump.  

Not caught up with the times, and peoples expectations for this (somewhat) new media are still skewed... and of course, it's Trump.

But a professional CnC letting people know his thoughts through different and new media outlets, I like that. Always wished Obama would have done it more and been more free with his speech.

I like seeing what my president is thinking, that hasn't been nitpicked and changed by a huge team at the WH.

i can't believe 49 million people voted for this prick.

i didn't serve. so i don't know what kind of issue a trans would have on military day to day effectiveness. i am shocked at the estimates i am seeing on how many active duty serve now. some who have spoken recently are very accomplished too. hell one or two SEALS. I also don't know any trany personally. if i have ever been near one i didn't know it. so i have absolutely no problem with them. two of my best friends are a gay couple, like brothers to me and they admit they don't really understand the trans thing. i do not think the millitary or any other insurance should cover gender conversion surgery though. it is just not logical to pay for that from insurance. 

21 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Not caught up with the times, and peoples expectations for this (somewhat) new media are still skewed... and of course, it's Trump.

But a professional CnC letting people know his thoughts through different and new media outlets, I like that. Always wished Obama would have done it more and been more free with his speech.

I like seeing what my president is thinking, that hasn't been nitpicked and changed by a huge team at the WH.

There are times where I wouldn't have a problem with it.  But there are issues that are far too important or sensitive in nature to blurt out in 140 characters or less and I think this was one of them.  Not to mention he did so before briefing even his Secretary of Defense, much less the rest of his staff who would be expected to answer questions about it.  It's just highly irresponsible and unprofessional.  

51 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Professional is the key word, and the sorely lacking component with Trump.  A professional could convey thoughts via any outlet without insulting anyone, using said outlet as a bully pulpit, or announcing a sweeping policy change without discussing it with anyone involved.  There is definitely a middle ground that can be explored between being carefully insulated by the controlled environment of press conferences and stream of consciousness on Twitter that embarrasses us all by revealing the idiocy of the person inhabiting our highest office.

2 hours ago, alexava said:

i didn't serve. so i don't know what kind of issue a trans would have on military day to day effectiveness. i am shocked at the estimates i am seeing on how many active duty serve now. some who have spoken recently are very accomplished too. hell one or two SEALS. I also don't know any trany personally. if i have ever been near one i didn't know it. so i have absolutely no problem with them. two of my best friends are a gay couple, like brothers to me and they admit they don't really understand the trans thing. i do not think the millitary or any other insurance should cover gender conversion surgery though. it is just not logical to pay for that from insurance. 

Allowing them in was a twitch move by Obama in the first place. Hell, we don't allow diabetics in because of the problems that arise in theater with little or no supplies.

If it's just men saying they are women or vice versa I don't care. But if they are actively taking drugs/chemicals to be the person they want to be, then they do not belong in the military. People have to stop looking at it as a "discrimination" thing and realize that (like with diabetics) we can not guarantee proper medication in war.

And the reason I said I probably do not agree with trumps reasoning is because he most likely was motivated by being discriminatory... but sometimes an idiot can take the wrong path and still end up at the right destination.

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

There are times where I wouldn't have a problem with it.  But there are issues that are far too important or sensitive in nature to blurt out in 140 characters or less and I think this was one of them.  Not to mention he did so before briefing even his Secretary of Defense, much less the rest of his staff who would be expected to answer questions about it.  It's just highly irresponsible and unprofessional.  

1 hour ago, Strychnine said:

Professional is the key word, and the sorely lacking component with Trump.  A professional could convey thoughts via any outlet without insulting anyone, using said outlet as a bully pulpit, or announcing a sweeping policy change without discussing it with anyone involved.  There is definitely a middle ground that can be explored between being carefully insulated by the controlled environment of press conferences and stream of consciousness on Twitter that embarrasses us all by revealing the idiocy of the person inhabiting our highest office.

Nail on the head. Even though I don't use twitter myself, I am happy about the thought of new and unheralded communications between the people and their president.

What sucks is that Trump being Trump could end up setting us back with how he conducts himself online.

With no additional comment:

"I am grateful to the transgender members of the military for their service," Google CEO Sundar Pichai said.
Apple CEO Tim Cook said, "We are indebted to all who serve. Discrimination against anyone holds everyone back."
Brad Smith, Microsoft President and Chief Legal Officer said, "We honor and respect all who serve, including the transgender members of our military."
Salesforce said it "believes in equality for all. We support and thank all U.S. service members, including transgender Americans."
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said, "Everyone should be able to serve their country -- no matter who they are."
Veteran entrepreneur Max Levchin urged support for transgender people across party lines. "Trans kids, soldiers etc need our support today and to know they are valued & respected regardless of politics. Let us not be divided."
Uber said "We owe the deepest debt of gratitude to all those who volunteer to serve in the US Armed Forces and defend our values. These patriotic Americans deserve to be honored and respected, not turned away because of who they are."
Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey said, "Discrimination in any form is wrong for all of us."

6 hours ago, AUUSN said:

Again, AUUSN... I can't speak for trumps motivations. But the problem wouldn't be the cost... we are the USA after all, if our military needs money we provide!

1 hour ago, AURex said:

With no additional comment:

"I am grateful to the transgender members of the military for their service," Google CEO Sundar Pichai said.
Apple CEO Tim Cook said, "We are indebted to all who serve. Discrimination against anyone holds everyone back."
Brad Smith, Microsoft President and Chief Legal Officer said, "We honor and respect all who serve, including the transgender members of our military."
Salesforce said it "believes in equality for all. We support and thank all U.S. service members, including transgender Americans."
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said, "Everyone should be able to serve their country -- no matter who they are."
Veteran entrepreneur Max Levchin urged support for transgender people across party lines. "Trans kids, soldiers etc need our support today and to know they are valued & respected regardless of politics. Let us not be divided."
Uber said "We owe the deepest debt of gratitude to all those who volunteer to serve in the US Armed Forces and defend our values. These patriotic Americans deserve to be honored and respected, not turned away because of who they are."
Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey said, "Discrimination in any form is wrong for all of us."

Hate to hate, but that's a bunch of meaningless BS from PR that has no clue about anything except making sure they lose the least amount of customers by never offending anyone.

18 hours ago, alexava said:

i can't believe 49 million people voted for this prick.

I'm one of those 49 million. I don't like Trump personally. He was something like 9th on my wish list when it all started. However, when it got down to Trump or Clinton I don't see how 50 million voted for Clinton. While I don't like Trump personally, I do like his stated policy objectives and so far he's been carrying out those policies with more progress to come. In other words, I don't like him but I like what he (or more correctly his appointees) are doing. Were the election to be held again today with the same two candidates I'd vote Trump again.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I'm one of those 49 million. I don't like Trump personally. He was something like 9th on my wish list when it all started. However, when it got down to Trump or Clinton I don't see how 50 million voted for Clinton. While I don't like Trump personally, I do like his stated policy objectives and so far he's been carrying out those policies with more progress to come. In other words, I don't like him but I like what he (or more correctly his appointees) are doing. Were the election to be held again today with the same two candidates I'd vote Trump again.

What, other than appointing a strong conservative to the SCOTUS (which is not nothing, for sure), has he really accomplished?  I see a lot of Twittering but even if I liked all his policy objectives I don't see much cause for optimism.

What, other than appointing a strong conservative to the SCOTUS (which is not nothing, for sure), has he really accomplished?  I see a lot of Twittering but even if I liked all his policy objectives I don't see much cause for optimism.

Could anybody accomplish anything with the "resistance" is full force?  What an impossible situation for the country, vary partisan and unproductive. I know Trump is not directly involved, but my 401K is doing better this year than the last few years.  It does show market confidence.

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

Could anybody accomplish anything with the "resistance" is full force?  What an impossible situation for the country, vary partisan and unproductive. I know Trump is not directly involved, but my 401K is doing better this year than the last few years.  It does show market confidence.

Well he said "so far he's been carrying out those policies with more progress to come."  So I just wanted to know what has been accomplished.

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Well he said "so far he's been carrying out those policies with more progress to come."  So I just wanted to know what has been accomplished.

Understand, but until we get past the "resistance" (if we ever do) we as a country will not know what this administration can accomplish.  

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Understand, but until we get past the "resistance" (if we ever do) we as a country will not know what this administration can accomplish.  

Every president gets resistance.  Obama had tremendous resistance, as did Bush before him.  It's not an excuse.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Every president gets resistance.  Obama had tremendous resistance, as did Bush before him.  It's not an excuse.

You're correct, every president has been resisted through out history (well maybe George Washington didn't have any).  I'm not making an excuse for this administration, just frustrated we, as citizens, don't know what this administration could accomplish without the constant barrage of insults and negative press.  If Obama had resistance I don't remember it being reported by the media at the level this administration has endured.

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

You're correct, every president has been resisted through out history (well maybe George Washington didn't have any).  I'm not making an excuse for this administration, just frustrated we, as citizens, don't know what this administration could accomplish without the constant barrage of insults and negative press.  If Obama had resistance I don't remember it being reported by the media at the level this administration has endured.

Frankly, I'm glad he's getting resistance.  I don't like some/many of his ideas and wouldn't want to see them implemented.  Or if they were I wouldn't want them rushed through in the hamfisted way he seems to handle everything.  

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Frankly, I'm glad he's getting resistance.  I don't like some/many of his ideas and wouldn't want to see them implemented.  Or if they were I wouldn't want them rushed through in the hamfisted way he seems to handle everything.  

That's what congress is all about, the checks and balances.  Let the system work without the media involvement.  The only issue maybe following the only Obama policy he empbraces, the executive order.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

That's what congress is all about, the checks and balances.  Let the system work without the media involvement.  The only issue maybe following the only Obama policy he empbraces, the executive order.

Meh.  The media isn't hampering him.  Trump's biggest enemy is the one he sees in the mirror.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Meh.  The media isn't hampering him.  Trump's biggest enemy is the one he sees in the mirror.

I can agree with the last statement, but have you heard of the Russian connection to our election?

Archived