Trump gives Trans the b00t.

Mims44

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

I can agree with the last statement, but have you heard of the Russian connection to our election?

I have.  It's not why Trump can't get anything done.

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

That's what congress is all about, the checks and balances.  Let the system work without the media involvement.  The only issue maybe following the only Obama policy he empbraces, the executive order.

image.png

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I have.  It's not why Trump can't get anything done.

I agree with that, but the media is the one keeping it alive so they can affect public opinion.  If they would let the investigation play out without creating news we would all be better off.  It provides Trump with an excuse.  If the media would just stand down and let the administration proceed we could find out what he can do without the built in excuse (fake news).  If he gives himself enough rope......or he could actually succeed.

When too much ego is involved we all lose.

12 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I can agree with the last statement, but have you heard of the Russian connection to our election?

No tell us about it. 

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

I agree with that, but the media is the one keeping it alive so they can affect public opinion.  If they would let the investigation play out without creating news we would all be better off.  It provides Trump with an excuse.  If the media would just stand down and let the administration proceed we could find out what he can do without the built in excuse (fake news).  If he gives himself enough rope......or he could actually succeed.

Public opinion is not why he's not getting anything done either.  And he's made it clear that he doesn't make decisions based on other people's opinions.  Or at least that's the front he puts up.

The truth is, he's not getting stuff done because he doesn't have well-thought out ideas.  He pops off with simplistic answers to complex problems, then reality smacks him in the face and he can't deliver on his grandiose promises.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Public opinion is not why he's not getting anything done either.  And he's made it clear that he doesn't make decisions based on other people's opinions.  Or at least that's the front he puts up.

The truth is, he's not getting stuff done because he doesn't have well-thought out ideas.  He pops off with simplistic answers to complex problems, then reality smacks him in the face and he can't deliver on his grandiose promises.

Watching his campaign brought out this trait and I agree with you, but he is the president and he will succeed or fail on his ability to run the country. Let him have the rope to hang himself without the built in excuse.  That's my point.

8 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Watching his campaign brought out this trait and I agree with you, but he is the president and he will succeed or fail on his ability to run the country. Let him have the rope to hang himself without the built in excuse.  That's my point.

But it's only a built-in excuse for those who blindly defend him.  He's not fooling anyone else.

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

But it's only a built-in excuse for those who blindly defend him.  He's not fooling anyone else.

As evident by the recent repeal vote on the Obamacare issue.  Even his party is not blindly following his lead.  The system works.  Trump is learning on the job and he will have to up his game if he is to survive.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

"Creating" news?  :dunno:

The problem is that so many people associated with Trump have been, shall we say, "less than forthcoming". 

The media is just reporting events and revelations as they occur.

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

"Creating" news?  :dunno:

The problem is that so many people associated with Trump have been, shall we say, "less than forthcoming". 

The media is just reporting events and revelations as they occur.

The one good thing the Trump election has done is now the media is actually doing their job.  For the last eight years or so its been a love affair between the media and the Oval Office.  The bad thing is the last eight years or so the late night comedians have had to rely on good old fashion jokes, now the jokes write themselves. 

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

The one good thing the Trump election has done is now the media is actually doing their job.  For the last eight years or so its been a love affair between the media and the Oval Office.  The bad thing is the last eight years or so the late night comedians have had to rely on good old fashion jokes, now the jokes write themselves. 

I wouldn't call them jokes.

Lil Bush was not a good show, but it looks like a masterpiece compared to the trump parody "comedy" that's out now.

5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yeah, "no drama" Obama was every bit as crazy as Trump. 

We just never knew because of the love affair the media had with him.

Good grief.  :-\

20 hours ago, Mims44 said:

Hate to hate, but that's a bunch of meaningless BS from PR that has no clue about anything except making sure they lose the least amount of customers by never offending anyone.

No, not meaningless. These companies, which are among the most innovative, successful companies in the U.S., have taken a *public position* on this issue. They risk offending the entire right wing base. They risk (and accept the reality of) boycotts from the religious right fanatics. As have many other companies who have publicly supported LGBTQ civil rights. The reality is, a substantial majority of the citizens of the U.S. are supportive of LGBTQ rights. And these companies (and many others) are looking not only at their sales, but also at their workforce, looking at their employees on the basis of merit rather than ideology.

18 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Yeah, "no drama" Obama was every bit as crazy as Trump. 

We just never knew because of the love affair the media had with him.

Good grief.  :-\

It's all in your perspective.  Good grief. :-\  Did I do that right?

1 hour ago, AURex said:

No, not meaningless. These companies, which are among the most innovative, successful companies in the U.S., have taken a *public position* on this issue. They risk offending the entire right wing base. They risk (and accept the reality of) boycotts from the religious right fanatics. As have many other companies who have publicly supported LGBTQ civil rights. The reality is, a substantial majority of the citizens of the U.S. are supportive of LGBTQ rights. And these companies (and many others) are looking not only at their sales, but also at their workforce, looking at their employees on the basis of merit rather than ideology.

And in all their expertise and wisdom none of them thought of the problem of getting these drugs to transgenders in theater.... crazy huh.

They speak without thinking about the reality of the situation. The logical explanation is to drive sales and positive PR, since reality does not matter in that.

13 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

What, other than appointing a strong conservative to the SCOTUS (which is not nothing, for sure), has he really accomplished?  I see a lot of Twittering but even if I liked all his policy objectives I don't see much cause for optimism.

We now have a Justice Dept. that supports law enforcement instead of supporting criminals. Sessions has made major moves concerning illegal drugs, illegal immigration and gang violence. The EPA, which had been acting like gestapo thugs and trampling all over rural people's rights has been reined in. Gun sales have declined because law abiding citizens no longer fear some drastic gun control policy coming out of WDC. Employment is up, the stock market is up, police morale is up, morale in the military is up and my hope for future generations is up. What's not to like?

29 minutes ago, Mikey said:

We now have a Justice Dept. that supports law enforcement instead of supporting criminals. Sessions has made major moves concerning illegal drugs, illegal immigration and gang violence. The EPA, which had been acting like gestapo thugs and trampling all over rural people's rights has been reined in. Gun sales have declined because law abiding citizens no longer fear some drastic gun control policy coming out of WDC. Employment is up, the stock market is up, police morale is up, morale in the military is up and my hope for future generations is up. What's not to like?

Even though I'm out now, as someone with multiple brothers and cousins still in. I beg to differ.

8 hours ago, Mims44 said:

Even though I'm out now, as someone with multiple brothers and cousins still in. I beg to differ.

Then we will differ. My nephew and my wife's cousin are happier now.

Archived