CGM Offense

Browning4AU

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

If you think Mary Jane is the reason we can't score then you should probably give it another puff and pass. 

I know he was not at 100%, but we have issues on the O side of the ball other than bad play calling and a bad head coach. This was embarrassing for all AU fans!

2 minutes ago, tigerfangs said:

Will gus do postgame press conference? Where can it be found if so

"we're gonna get better.....little banged up......some of the things they were doing.....defending national champs......road" There you go sir. Save yourself the trouble.

5 minutes ago, tigerfangs said:

Will gus do postgame press conference? Where can it be found if so

Save yourself the heartache,  you know he will double down and it will infuriate you and everyone else

1 minute ago, jAUSon said:

"we're gonna get better.....little banged up......some of the things they were doing.....defending national champs......road" There you go sir. Save yourself the trouble.

hes way out of his league.  

17 minutes ago, Tigger1985 said:

Anyone see a tightend pass? No we throw short every **** time so no first down.

Been saying this for years.

I simply don't understand why other teams utilize their tight ends in the pass game so effectively but we almost never involve them in any capacity other than another lineman.  Even I can figure out that if one (or both) of the linebackers are blitzing two out of every four offensive plays, a quick dump pass to the tight end in the area vacated by the linebacker just might be an effective strategy against the blitz!

Just now, WinForAuburn said:

hes way out of his league.  

ticks me off the way he tips his hat to the other teams accomplishments as a cop-out. honestly, I've even started hating his voice.

1 minute ago, Shift said:

Been saying this for years.

I simply don't understand why other teams utilize their tight ends in the pass game so effectively but we almost never involve them in any capacity other than another lineman.  Even I can figure out that if one (or both) of the linebackers are blitzing two out of every four offensive plays, a quick dump pass to the tight end in the area vacated by the linebacker just might be an effective strategy against the blitz!

Our TE only played a handful of plays.  He was never targeted.  If nothing else, put the TE in to help block the onslaught of defenders. 

9 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Our TE only played a handful of plays.  He was never targeted.  If nothing else, put the TE in to help block the onslaught of defenders. 

Actually, he was targeted on at least one play.  We attempted a screen pass to Harris but Clemson blew it up. 

1 hour ago, Browning4AU said:

This is still GM's offense, he's still calling the plays, and he needs to be held accountable. This was a poor showing and AU deserves better. I wouldn't be upset if he got the Les Miles treatment in the morning. 

Additionally, Stidham is nowhere close to the QB people thought he would be. Surprise, surprise........It's a QB at AU with a ton of media hype. 11 sacks and counting. Piss poor no matter who you blame. 

Don't know who you go to, but I say let Steele take the reigns the rest of the year and hope we can get an actual COACH at seasons end. 

^THIS^

1 hour ago, Shift said:

Actually, he was targeted on at least one play.  We attempted a screen pass to Harris but Clemson blew it up. 

Yep...who runs an effing tight end screen?  Only the coach who thinks he's always the smartest guy in the stadium.  Wow that was an ugly play.

I'm now convinced as to why Lashlee wanted out so badly.  He is not stupid.

Just now, PowerOfDixieland said:

Yep...who runs an effing tight end screen?  Only the guy who thinks he's always the smartest guy in the stadium.  Wow that was an ugly play.

I'm now convinced as to why Lashlee wanted out so bad.  He is not stupid.

I don't think Lashlee wanted out.  I think he was a sacrificial lamb, nothing more, nothing less. 

It has already been established that Gus believes in his offensive scheme and is willing to go down with the ship to prove it.  I think this will be his downfall.  And, it appears that Gus will only hire yes men to staff the other offensive positions.  On average, Malzahn is a 7-9 win per season coach.  Plain and simple.  That is what we have. 

7 hours ago, Shift said:

I don't think Lashlee wanted out.  I think he was a sacrificial lamb, nothing more, nothing less. 

It has already been established that Gus believes in his offensive scheme and is willing to go down with the ship to prove it.  I think this will be his downfall.  And, it appears that Gus will only hire yes men to staff the other offensive positions.  On average, Malzahn is a 7-9 win per season coach.  Plain and simple.  That is what we have. 

Well if the offense doesn't improve we may not get the 7 or 9 wins.

7 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Well if the offense doesn't improve we may not get the 7 or 9 wins.

As of right now the best I see this team winning is 6-6.  Defense is legit but offense may cost some wins and fumble or interceptions will put more points on the board.  Gus has truly made an art form out of being so inept on offense and every year he gets worse offensively.  

chip is calling the plays but this is a Gus offense. Chip runs the Gus offense with more passing. The passing routes are the same so it is a failure. Wheel route, throw it deep. Repeat. 

Add to the terrible play calling/ routes:  Stidham is struggling, the OL stinks, the WR are not open. Disaster. 

Last night was an embarrassment... 117 yards of total offense.  Kent state had 120 total yards of offense vs Clemson... 

It's a shame that our Defense played to a level that we could have and should have won... 

The lack of imagination in play calling is pathetic.  It's to a point where a 3 year old could predict with a High degree of accuracy what the next play will be.  It's just silly and stupid the state of the offense.  

I have never called for CGM to be fired, but I just don't see a future with him in charge.  I'm just frustrated and lost....

Frankly...I have stood by CGM for years...but to have 3 of his last 4 games (look it up) be his "worst offensive showings (Georgia '16, Bama '16 & Clemson '17)...shows that the defenses have this high school, vanilla offense completely figured out.

I watched Oklahoma last night...and we have that kind of talent...but again...do NOTHING with it.

I loveAuburn...always have, always will. But I will not spend a dime of my money watching this as ling as he is the HC. Sorry...I just won't.

15 hours ago, au1duke said:

He can throw the ball away dummy!

15 hours ago, Farmer Brown said:

You are on fire tonight. LOL

Like the commentators said Tom Brady would have failed with that OL protecting him.

"Will Gus have a postgame press conference? I don't know and frankly I don't care if he does or not. It will be more of the same BS we've heard before."

Archived