We are going to beat Ole Miss and LSU

AUIH1

Really feel like we are gonna be solid up to the Arkansas/A&M weeks. I just feel like there might be a lull in one of those games with both of them being on the road. Hopefully though the offense continues to improve and the defense stays healthy and hungry. With the improvements made from the Clemson game I can see us at 8-1 or 7-2 going into the UGA game. 

19 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

They are the rented pig.  Gus takes this game more seriously than UGA .

wde

Sadly he does b/c it's been some of his best prep work. Beyond me why he couldn't do the same with other games. 

After Ole Miss..all the upcoming road games concern me. As long as we're getting better each week i think we should be fine until the Georgia game but unlike the beginning of the season...i'm not counting any wins anymore. 

I'm happy the Oline is getting better but we have to run the ball better and we need to find a way to do so with our top 2 RBs not being 100%. We have to get the younger RBs some reps now instead of them possibly being thrown into the fire in the bigger games.

57 minutes ago, autigersj said:

Hard to believe anyone would be saying this after the Clemson/Mercer games.

The Clemson game showed just how good this team could be honestly. Was anyone not screaming at their TV over the brain farts, the bad play calls, the constant poor execution? And it was against a Clemson team that just about everyone agrees will be a playoff team again.... and even with all the mess ups and everything we lose by... 1 score.

It shows me that if things are rolling well for us we can hang with and beat anyone.

The Mercer game told me this Auburn team believed they could go undefeated, losing sucked the life out of them. After the Clemson loss we were very lucky to have played Mercer because the team had next to no motivation. O linemen are usually the last guys to stop trying and even they looked to be half stepping through most of the game. Kudos to whatever coach or team leaders got guys motivated again after that because the last two weeks have been what most of us expected. A lot of talent, some hiccups... but still one of the best teams in the SEC.

Three road games in a row, even with the break, isn't fun. But if you look at who our opponents play before us, most of them have tough games the week before Auburn.

Ole Miss - Just got pummeled by Alabama

LSU - Play @ Florida the week before Auburn

Arkansas - Play @ Alabama the week before Auburn

Texas A&M - We're off the week before we play them, and they play Mississippi State. Ok, not too tough for them.

Georgia - Play South Carolina week before us. USCeast isn't all that great, but they always give UGA a tough game. Of course, UT usually does as well.

I'm not a sunshine pumper by any stretch, but I like the way the schedule is looking for us, even with the three road games in a row.

Over half the conference loathing their respective coaches, and losing hope for a decent season. And most of them have mentally scratched UAT in advance, as a loss, making us that one team everybody is gonna want to hang their seasons on going forward. Lsu will be absolutely foaming at the mouth when we get there- ditto for A&M. These same teams won't even sober up and honor the curfew the week of their Bama game. We're the biggest target ever, but I still like our chances.

Agree that A&M probably will be our toughest game before UGA just because of all the talent they have on offense. Although I don't think their defense is good enough to give us too much trouble. As for LSU, if we can't beat them and Troy can, they should just leave Gus in Death Valley. 

Also, I can't wait to see Miller and Barrett get some more reps. Tired of the false narrative on this board saying we don't have any great RBs. We do. KJ is better than most RBs in the league at 75% and DB and Miller are great. Just wait and see. 

Just looking at the next few opponents:

OM will have nightmares trying to stop our DL and our run game (even as poor as we've been in the run game)

LSU might have some of the same issues as OM, although not quite on the same level. Their OL and DL just aren't very good right now.

Arkansas might be tougher than we're expecting because that's become a huge game to them. Should be able to make them one dimensional with our defense though.

aTm looks dangerous, but I think we will defend them like we have Clemson and State. Contain Mond and force him to beat us from the pocket all night. Their defense and its aggressiveness is my biggest concern for that game.

We do catch OM, LSU, and Arkansas at good times in their schedule. Each of their games before us is on the road. OM played at Bama last week, LSU plays at Florida this week, and Arkansas plays at Bama next week before they play us. We should win those games and be 8-1 when UGA comes to town. 

21 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Baton Rouge means Red Stick in French.

I thought it meant red neck or coonass.....nah....it means red stick.

I think we have the best defense in the SEC as far as having a complete defense from the DL through the D backs. Our D backs were nothing short of awesome against MSU. If we keep progressing on offense, we have a solid chance to be 8-1 going into the Uga and turd games. Right now, I would give us a 45% of winning against those 2 teams and maybe a few % points more. We are currently, the only team in the SEC that has a reasonable chance of beating the turds and dogs.

Nick Coe is the next Miles Garrett and Arden Key. Jeff Holland is on par with Carl Lawson and is such a treat to watch him track down QBs before they know what is about to hit them.  I would love to know his speed when he is closing in on QBs.

4 hours ago, BigSammyK said:

You must have missed the UGA/UT game. 

LSU almost lost to Syracuse at home and then lost to Troy at home, who they paid just under $1M to play. There is absolutely no reason we shouldn’t beat them just as badly as MSU did. 

UGA/UT ? As far as LSU goes, yes it would appear there is no reason we shouldn't beat them. But, that is what concerns me about an LSU team at their place. They have been known to have some strange corndog mojo going on down there on occasion. 

I'm not taking anything for granted despite the extreme optimism going on round here.  Any SEC road game is a potential hazard and despite what Troy did Saturday any trip to LSU is no cake walk.  Arky scares me, A&M scares me too.  I would also look for a bit of a letdown with Ole Missy this week.  I don't think we lose but we are coming off a huge win with a ton of excitement and emotion in a night game at Jordan-Hare and they are coming off an embarrassing loss to bama.  Plus early start times are notoriously bad for us.  I have a feeling we are going to be worried well into the 3rd quarter, hope I'm wrong.  Things are definitely looking better but folks Mizzou is terrible and after two beatdowns and the now discounted win over LSU, MSU isn't really looking like that impressive of a win either.  Lets slow the roll and see how things shake out.  I'm still afraid Gus could regress to his mean of 8 wins before this is all said and done.   

Stidham looked fantastic. They need to continue to drill him to step up in the pocket when he has outside rushers coming up the field, but I also think that he's slowly getting better at that. Running backs need to get healthy - a luxury we may never have. O-line just needs to keep improving as they already are. We are starting to shape into a very good football team. Schedule is definitely working in our favor at this point. 

4 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

UGA/UT ? As far as LSU goes, yes it would appear there is no reason we shouldn't beat them. But, that is what concerns me about an LSU team at their place. They have been known to have some strange corndog mojo going on down there on occasion. 

LSU is in nearly the same position that UT was in against UGA.... and that didn't really matter as UGA just embarrassed them.

Perhaps the players will get more hyped for the game, but to be honest, I don't see their crowd getting into it at all. Did you see how early their fans left the stadium in their last two games?

9 hours ago, AUDevil said:

When is the last time that Auburn did what they should do for even half a season?  Let's not skip over OM, Ark, TAMU, and LSU.

2004 or 2010. We are the Dr Jekyl/Mr Hyde of college football.

5 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

I'm not taking anything for granted despite the extreme optimism going on round here.  Any SEC road game is a potential hazard and despite what Troy did Saturday any trip to LSU is no cake walk.  Arky scares me, A&M scares me too.  I would also look for a bit of a letdown with Ole Missy this week.  I don't think we lose but we are coming off a huge win with a ton of excitement and emotion in a night game at Jordan-Hare and they are coming off an embarrassing loss to bama.  Plus early start times are notoriously bad for us.  I have a feeling we are going to be worried well into the 3rd quarter, hope I'm wrong.  Things are definitely looking better but folks Mizzou is terrible and after two beatdowns and the now discounted win over LSU, MSU isn't really looking like that impressive of a win either.  Lets slow the roll and see how things shake out.  I'm still afraid Gus could regress to his mean of 8 wins before this is all said and done.   

Yeah calling blowouts unnecessarily is never safe with this program, but Shea has like one receiver of value and the defense looks Nutt 

We should have at least 2 picks, and probably sub 60 rushing yards given up. and with a half decent running game, probably 600 total yards

On 10/2/2017 at 9:05 AM, BigSammyK said:

You must have missed the UGA/UT game. 

LSU almost lost to Syracuse at home and then lost to Troy at home, who they paid just under $1M to play. There is absolutely no reason we shouldn’t beat them just as badly as MSU did. 

It would be foolish to compare LSU vs Troy to when we roll into town. LSU has problems but motivation against us is not one of them. Strange things happen at Tiger Stadium when we play there.

Archived