Auburn 1st Bama Last

kingfish

Interesting that you failed to mention that when all sports are considered, bama is ahead of AU...and that we are First in the SEC with a 1000 in basketball.

http://www.al.com/sports/huntsvilletimes/i...72222203160.xml

Does anyone remember the Paul Gattis and his infamous football ranking votes and the subsequent sorry attititude when confronted?  Do you suppose that he might be beginning to see the light somewhat?

148811[/snapback]

Gattis can't seem to get it right or either I don't understand. As noted in another thread here started by DKW86 and a table in today's B'ham News, Auburn is in fact second in the APR rankings for football and Ole Miss is #1. But everybody agrees bama is last :big:

No, not really interesting at all! :D  There are 85 scholarships in football, only 12 in roundball.  But, congrats to Bama's basketball team.

148813[/snapback]

Well, actually, with so few B-Ball scholarships, losing even one is a much bigger percentage of the program and will have a more extreme effect than losing one or two out of 85 football schollies--so right now, Auburn's deficit in basketball might be more dangerous to the program than Bama's football weaknesses. [And here I am again, tricked into saying something positive toward Bama :puke: ]

Hopefully everything will be corrected by the time the APR scholarship penalties really start taking effect.

It's a good thing that Alabama has such great Tradition and everyone wants to walk on just to get a chance to play for "the university". At the rate their going, they want have any schollys to give out!!!

These scores are a joke. Alabama gets penalized for NOT having enough scholarshipped football players making the grade. Did the NCAA forget they hammered us a few years ago hence the reduction in the football #. It's a joke for AU's basketball team ,too. All the players that transferred are counted against them. Look at Baylor when you get a chance. The NCAA let their players transfer WITHOUT SITTING OUT A YEAR yet those kids that were on scholarship are counted against them as is Dennehy(the kid that was murdered) and Dotson (murderer). I don;t think they will graduate. Look for Alabama's basketball # to go down next year with the transfers of Adkins and Miles. Sad but true.

Also,I don't think the NCAA takes this into account. Justin Smiley dropped out of school in Feb 2004 to pursue his NFL dream thus he counted against our number. I'll bet the NCAA does not know that Smiley is back IN SCHOOL this semester completing his degree. Should there be bonus pts for this? The NCAA sux.

Look for Alabama's basketball # to go down next year with the transfers of Adkins and Miles. Sad but true.

148929[/snapback]

Also, Kennedy Winston might go pro. I don't have any inside info or anything, I've just always had a gut instinct that he would not stay all 4 years. You're right though, there are some big flaws in the way the NCAA is going about this.

The article said they would only be penalized for players who left the team while academic ineligible. KW has good grades as did the three guys who left this year.

Guys that hurt us include Ahmaad Childress, Santonio Beard, Brooks Daniels.

Guest Tigrinum Major
The article said they would only be penalized for players who left the team while academic ineligible. KW has good grades as did the three guys who left this year.

Guys that hurt us include Ahmaad Childress, Santonio Beard, Brooks Daniels.

148974[/snapback]

I saw that in the article also, but I have seen other places that talk about how kids that leave early for the pros or players that don't complete their degree after they complete their eligibility or players that transfer hurt the numbers.

I guess no one really understands what goes into this. I have heard somewhere that the players from Auburn's BB team that transferred or declared for the pros really hurt their score, but they might have been academically ineligible. Anyone know?

Archived