The TN program is a mess

gr82b4au

Hard to believe a program with such a tradition is tanking this bad. Losing badly on the field, losing recruits, fights among teammates, players quitting (rumor about the qb), and just all around terrible play by the team. We have had our moments (2012, 2008, etc) so I know what it is like to go through a terrible season. That program has hit rock bottom. Wow. 

20 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Hard to believe a program with such a tradition is tanking this bad. Losing badly on the field, losing recruits, fights among teammates, players quitting (rumor about the qb), and just all around terrible play by the team. We have had our moments (2012, 2008, etc) so I now what it is like to go through a terrible season. That program has hit rock bottom. Wow. 

They haven't hit the rocks yet...  It is about to get worse when the Turds get done with them.

1 hour ago, lkeel75 said:

They haven't hit the rocks yet...  It is about to get worse when the Turds get done with them.

Try when they lose this weekend at home to USC.

Just go to volnation.com and look at the forums. You will see everything. They are a shell of a college team right now. I would not be surprised if USCe beats them by 2 tds. TN has more talent but they are not good at all.

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

We need to go after some of their top recruits.

Can we offer them enough leadership reps?

When I was younger "leadership reps" would have been running your ass off.  Why do I picture something else in Butchville?

40 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

I missed that, what's the leadership rep

I believe that's referenced from Butch Jones' post game comments, something he said himself.

2 hours ago, Never2Yield said:

I believe that's referenced from Butch Jones' post game comments, something he said himself.

Figures.

Someone remind me, how do they have a top ten recruiting class for 2018 again?

14 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Just go to volnation.com and look at the forums. You will see everything. They are a shell of a college team right now. I would not be surprised if USCe beats them by 2 tds. TN has more talent but they are not good at all.

Not convinced UT has the bigger talent at this point. USC is pretty solid talent-wise. You're gonna see the next couple of years them back to their 2010-2012 levels - 60-70% of their starters and most of their subs are all Freshmen and Sophomores. They're gonna be good.

Both UT and Arky are spiraling downward quickly and in my opinion, will be hiring a new HC going into 2018.

wde

I live  here in Knoxville and I've actually started feeling sorry for them. The fans are so desperate to be relevant again. We need them to be great again to give UAT more competition. One of the greatest gifts Saban has had is the decline of UT while he's been at UAT. 

30 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I live  here in Knoxville and I've actually started feeling sorry for them. The fans are so desperate to be relevant again. We need them to be great again to give UAT more competition. One of the greatest gifts Saban has had is the decline of UT while he's been at UAT. 

Would be great to have UT strong again to give UAT & UGA a tough fight.  

While I don't think Jones is the key to success for them, he has not been absolutely atrocious on the field.

Jones from '13-'16  UT is 30-21 (14-18) and 3-0 in bowl games

Malzhan from '13-'16 AU is 35-18 (18-14) and 1-3 in bowl games

It does however appear BJ has lost his team in several areas and while AU looks to be a serious competitor in '17, UT looks to be spiraling out of control at mid-season.

Normally I want our SEC competitors to stay with weak HC hires as long as possible, but in this case we play UT so rarely and they play our main rivals yearly I would like for UGA and Bama to have some more competition.

53 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I would like Tennessee to be relevant again as well.  The East Division needs more consistently good teams.  An East Division Champion has not won the SEC Championship Game since 2008, and too many of those West Division wins have been blowouts.

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Normally I want our SEC competitors to stay with weak HC hires as long as possible, but in this case we play UT so rarely and they play our main rivals yearly I would like for UGA and Bama to have some more competition.

Oh, heck yeah I want UT to get a backbone again and test uat/uga. 

I also want LSU to keep their shrimp boat captain, and Arky to retain their Boss Hog, and OleMiss to flounder at the bottom of the sea in sanctions for a few years. 

That would almost guarantee AU gets 2nd place in the West with aTm putting up a fight and AU catching lightening in a bottle and winning the division every couple of years.

they still have the trash can right? Feel sorry for them because of that gimmick alone.

Yeah Tenn needs to be somewhat good to make updyke academy have to work for it.

9 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

Both UT and Arky are spiraling downward quickly and in my opinion, will be hiring a new HC going into 2018.

wde

Not Arky BB huge buy out and their AD loves BB imo

Knew Butch wouldn't make it when I saw a clip of their practices. He walks around talking with a bullhorn. How do you truly respect a coach that talks to you through a bullhorn nonstop?  Probably a silly reason to suspect failure but that just struck me as a weak coaching tactic indicative of lack of confidence 

Archived