Spring Practice

BustemBigBlue

I went-nothing too spectacular to report just alot of fundamentals and a few skeleton drills-TEs couldn't catch a cold butt naked in Alaska but it was the first day-Wallace was catching well.  Alot of players had different numbers at practice but Tre and Carl were taking most of the snaps early and Kenny got more carries as practice moved along-I think Kenny was a little nervous because he tripped on himself and fumbled a few handoffs.  Tre looked good-Lestor was on the stationary bike for most of the practice but he came out with the team later-he didn't get any carries.

If this first day is any indication there will not be any controversy at QB-Booker has a long way to go and was not throwing as well as he could-he has a thing where right before he throws he has a little pump action-it caused him to get picked off a few times-the balls he threw were not terrific but it was the first day-Cox looked polished for the first day-very sharp-he did not throw the prettiest deep ball though.  Borges had them doing alot of fundamental drills early then skeleton drills.

Hart practiced at center with the second team and had a fumbled snap.  I overheard David Irons say that he was nervous being out there again on his knee but I guess I would be too.  Just a fundamentals day pretty much. :thumbsup:

148966[/snapback]

You may have been kidding, Eric, but it's BUCK-naked...unless you're a Bamar! :big: Thanks for the reports and please keep them coming!!!

:au::homer:

Today there were a ton of people there for the coaches clinic-first day in pads and there wasn't really any big hitting but some hitting going on-David Irons looked really good in coverage but had a mishap on a swing pass-Hart had some troubles today as there were like 5-6 fumbled snaps-the receivers caught a little better today as did the TEs but not terrific.

It was interesting to see the QBs when we ran some plays in a scrimmage fashion. Cox looked okay today-not bad but not terrific-alot better towards the end of the day-he got "sacked" a few times as did everyone. I think Booker and Field are in a close battle for second and they split reps with the second team offense-Field isn't doing too bad-he made some nice throws in the skeleton drills and scrimmage. Booker is a little streaky because he'll have one good play and one bad one-mostly mental stuff but he still needs to work on his accuracy.

The RBs didn't have much of a chance as they were all hit almost as soon as they got the ball-Tre looked good-I'd say he's in the lead for now as starter with Irons and Stewart fighting for second-he's all of 200 lbs-Irons looked pretty good towards the end-I think he can catch better than Stewart now

There were some line drills that I missed but someone on here might have caught them and update us

Archived