Great Day for Sessions

Proud Tiger

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, HVAU said:

So your conjecture is that Trump arranged a meeting with Sessions, Papadapolous and other policy advisers to discuss nothing in particular?  

In March they would probably be discussing policies that they would put forward to the electorate in an effort to garner support for Trump's candidacy.  Parts of that policy would most likely make it's way from campaigning to governance.  Otherwise why even have "policy advisers" low level or not in March.

I know we all like to act a little obtuse due to our partisan myopia, but some of you Trump guys take the cake.

You must be new here. 

9 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

Carter Page testifies he told Sessions about Russia trip

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/02/politics/carter-page-testimony-russia-trip/index.html

Unless more comes to light, Page's testimony about the Russian trip is fairly innocuous.  In the context of the Papadapolous situation it looks a little off, but it can easily be construed to be unrelated.

14 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Like Jeff knows who the kid was on March 16, 2016. HV, you did not know he was until the indictments

Be more precise for Homer, he has a thick forehead. When you use the term "kid," it throws Homer off. 

13 hours ago, HVAU said:

So your conjecture is that Trump arranged a meeting with Sessions, Papadapolous and other policy advisers to discuss nothing in particular?  

In March they would probably be discussing policies that they would put forward to the electorate in an effort to garner support for Trump's candidacy.  Parts of that policy would most likely make it's way from campaigning to governance.  Otherwise why even have "policy advisers" low level or not in March.

I know we all like to act a little obtuse due to our partisan myopia, but some of you Trump guys take the cake.

It could not have been about much in Particular HV. Jeff had even forgotten about the meeting.

25 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

It could not have been about much in Particular HV. Jeff had even forgotten about the meeting.

Conveniently so.

15 hours ago, HVAU said:

I hope that mirror doesn't crack. I suspect it will. 

"I don't make anything sinister out of it. He said Sessions did not react or comment one way or the other," Conaway said in an interview. "If I were Sessions, I wouldn't have recalled it either. It was just in passing. He was walking out of the room. A guy he had never met before, grabs him, 'Hey, I'm out on the team. I changed my travel plans to go to Russia.'"

Page told CNN after the interview that he informed Sessions about the trip during a group dinner in Washington, and that he mentioned it in passing.
"Back in June 2016, I mentioned in passing that I happened to be planning to give a speech at a university in Moscow," Page told CNN. "Completely unrelated to my limited volunteer role with the campaign and as I've done dozens of times throughout my life. Understandably, it was as irrelevant then as it is now. If it weren't for the dodgy dossier and all the chaos that those complete lies had created, my passing comment's complete lack of relevance should go without saying."
Page said it was the only time he met Sessions.
A source familiar with the meeting told CNN that the encounter occurred at a dinner at the Capitol Hill Club, attended by members of the Trump national security team, including Sessions. Near the end of the dinner, Page approached Sessions to say hello and thanked the then-senator for the dinner, and Page also mentioned he was headed to Russia. Sessions didn't respond and moved on to the next person waiting to shake his hand, this source said.

14 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

You must be new here. 

But acts and speaks like most here. Oh well. Another objectivity participant lost. 

52 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

But acts and speaks like most here. Oh well. Another objectivity participant lost. 

If your comprehension was a little more attuned you might note that my comment regarding the Page testimony took the attitude that there isn't much, if any, damaging information to it (innocuous). But, if it's your pleasure to operate in the self delusion that you're objective I won't attempt to dissuade you.

32 minutes ago, HVAU said:

If your comprehension was a little more attuned you might note that my comment regarding the Page testimony took the attitude that there isn't much, if any, damaging information to it (innocuous). But, if it's your pleasure to operate in the self delusion that you're objective I won't attempt to dissuade you.

But you still say Sessions lied. Not remembering can be truth not a lie. Heck I often don't remember some where my wife and I went last year that she reminds me of. Maybe Jeff should do like the Dems do (e.g. Lois Lerner) and just takee the 5th. Then nothing ever happens.

In my opinion he knowingly lied.  That's just an opinion based on n what I've read from and of Sessions.  You're welcome to form your in. 

Besides, we won't really know until more information comes out.  I assume we'll see his goal posts sprout legs a few more times until then.

35 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Maybe Jeff should do like the Dems do (e.g. Lois Lerner) and just takee the 5th. Then nothing ever happens.

Considering the company he keeps, it would have been a much more intelligent maneuver.

2 hours ago, HVAU said:

Perhaps your tone, after further discovery, changed a bit. I'll give you that. And yes, I am here to help. ;)

7 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Be more precise for Homer, he has a thick forehead. When you use the term "kid," it throws Homer off. 

We need an emoticon for "I inhabit a part of your meager brain".

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

We need an emoticon for "I inhabit a part of your meager brain".

My Auburn Brother Homie, this is a forum where you are extremely vocal. Perhaps we do need Homer "emoticon". Why belittle our new member. Looks like Nola is doing a great job of responding your sometimes nonsense.....hurts not to be the sharpest in the room doesn't it Homer. 

5 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

hurts not to be the sharpest in the room doesn't it Homer. 

It must hurt him everyday then.

20 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

My Auburn Brother Homie, this is a forum where you are extremely vocal. Perhaps we do need Homer "emoticon". Why belittle our new member. Looks like Nola is doing a great job of responding your sometimes nonsense.....hurts not to be the sharpest in the room doesn't it Homer. 

:moon:

Apparently, I inhabit a part of your brain too.  

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

:moon:

Apparently, I inhabit a part of your brain too.  

I read most things you post. You should take that as a compliment. Just saying Nola.....and Jeff making your stuff look a little weak lately

Archived