LSU v uat

Randman5000

16 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

Anyone else nauseated by this game?  We're a coach away from contending for it all this year, this game proves it.  

UAt is overrated.  Weaknesses exposed, they don’t have a very good QB.  

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

UAt is overrated.  Weaknesses exposed, they don’t have a very good QB.  

I'm not sure either is the case. Hurts is guy that doesn't get you beat and that's pretty good to me. I hope Bama is not overrated. I hope Georgia and Bama are the true number 1 & 2 teams. If Auburn could pull off a couple of upsets then that would be pretty special. I've never understood fans yelling overrated at the end of a game when their team just won. Heck, take credit for beating the best. 

1 hour ago, Tiger96 said:

I have never seen so much holding go uncalled... 

Don't watch uat much i guess.

This is SEC official SOP

Just now, AUGoo said:

This is SEC official SOP

I remember after the 2015 Iron Bowl some website (SEC country?) posted like 20 pictures showing them holding us that were never called lol 

5 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I'm not sure either is the case. Hurts is guy that doesn't get you beat and that's pretty good to me. I hope Bama is not overrated. I hope Georgia and Bama are the true number 1 & 2 teams. If Auburn could pull off a couple of upsets then that would be pretty special. I've never understood fans yelling overrated at the end of a game when their team just won. Heck, take credit for beating the best. 

I don't think BAma nor thUGA have beaten anybody of relevance.

Neither have we.   The SEC is so weak this year that those two teams are really the only teams that can lay claim to any sort of being good.  I guess thUGA beat ND but who has ND beaten?

I think both teams look a whole lot better than we do.  Gus looks to be keeping his nose out of the play calling on O of late.   I really have no feel for how good the others are.  I just don't have any faith in Gus.

4 minutes ago, Tiger96 said:

I remember after the 2015 Iron Bowl some website (SEC country?) posted like 20 pictures showing them holding us that were never called lol 

Amazing ain't it?

10 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

don't think BAma nor thUGA have beaten anybody of relevance.

Neither have we.   The SEC is so weak this year that those two teams are really the only teams that can lay claim to any sort of being good.  I guess thUGA beat ND but who has ND beaten?

Exactly.  The SEC is weaker this year than it has been in a while.  It is hard to really tell how good a team is because of how weak the conference is.  Nonetheless, you have to play the conference schedule.

As for Uga and UAt, both are definitely beatable and have shown their weaknesses.  If our coaching personnel can get it together these last couple of weeks, maybe we'll have a chance to be in a position to win those games.  I remember at the beginning of the season ESPN and others touting UAt as national champions already, and Hurts for Heisman.  Well, Hurts has struggled and obviously is no longer in the Heisman talk.  And every week UAt's schedule looks weaker and weaker (which dropped them from the number one spot).  IMO, Uat is only ranked as high as they are because of their recent history and remaining unbeaten, not because of their resume of wins this year.

I hope Gus can muster up some miracles for these last games.  We have the talent to beat uga and uat, but we'll need miracles for our coaching staff to come up with winning game plans.

51 minutes ago, Tiger96 said:

I wish our band would still play rammer jammer after beating bama. Shame our director won't allow it. Love singing it right back to their face. 

Still not sure how a band director has the authority to kill a tradition.  

2 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

Still not sure how a band director has the authority to kill a tradition.  

Wants us to have class. No lie I think I heard he is a graduate of uat

Alabama starting inside linebacker Shaun Dion Hamilton likely will miss the rest of the season with a knee injury, coach Nick Saban said following the Crimson Tide's 24-10 win over LSU on Saturday night.

Hamilton tore his ACL last season during the SEC Championship Game. The senior from Montgomery, Alabama, missed both rounds of the College Football Playoff and spring practice while recovering from the injury.

Alabama also saw backup linebacker Mack Wilson get carted off the field with a foot injury during the win over LSU. Saban said that the sophomore is also likely out for the year.

Star defensive back Minkah Fitzpatrick suffered apparent hamstring and head injuries during the game but was able to return in a limited capacity.

Alabama believed it lost outstide linebackers Terrell Lewis (elbow) and Christian Miller (bicep) to season-ending injuries in its Week 1 win against Florida State, but Saban left the door open for their return during his radio show earlier this week. Saban said the two could be medically cleared soon, but that getting back in playing shape could take "a while" after that.

via ESPN

1 minute ago, Tiger96 said:

I've heard the same thing.  

Hes wrong.  We can be classy and still do the reverse rammer jammer.  ?

1 minute ago, AUFlyer99 said:

I've heard the same thing.  

Hes wrong.  We can be classy and still do the reverse rammer jammer.  ?

Ain't that the truth. I've only gotten to sing that song twice (2007 and 2013). It's really the icing on the cake after beating them. 

1 minute ago, Tiger96 said:

It is true, he's a graduate of uat.  He received Master of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in music education from the University of Alabama.  He also served as a Graduate Teaching Assistant at the University of Alabama.

We run it up the middle. Thats the strength of UGA's and turds defense. I have no faith in Gus. Would love to be wrong as my entire family are giant Dawgs, but I don't see it happening. 

Did I see that bama had total net offense of 300 yards.?....surprising.

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Did I see that bama had total net offense of 300 yards.?....surprising.

What did we have sans 1st qtr vs LSU?Just curious and too lazy/too much wine to research it myself. 

7 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

Alabama starting inside linebacker Shaun Dion Hamilton likely will miss the rest of the season with a knee injury, coach Nick Saban said following the Crimson Tide's 24-10 win over LSU on Saturday night.

Hamilton tore his ACL last season during the SEC Championship Game. The senior from Montgomery, Alabama, missed both rounds of the College Football Playoff and spring practice while recovering from the injury.

Alabama also saw backup linebacker Mack Wilson get carted off the field with a foot injury during the win over LSU. Saban said that the sophomore is also likely out for the year.

Star defensive back Minkah Fitzpatrick suffered apparent hamstring and head injuries during the game but was able to return in a limited capacity.

Alabama believed it lost outstide linebackers Terrell Lewis (elbow) and Christian Miller (bicep) to season-ending injuries in its Week 1 win against Florida State, but Saban left the door open for their return during his radio show earlier this week. Saban said the two could be medically cleared soon, but that getting back in playing shape could take "a while" after that.

via ESPN

Hopefully our guys can push those replacement 5 stars around in the LB core. We need all the help we can get. 

1 hour ago, AUGoo said:

This is SEC official SOP

Yeah. Someone has forgotten about the iron bowl the year muschamp was here. I though will was going to have an aneurysm. 

It's all a matter of which Auburn team (mainly coaching staff) we see these next 3 weeks. Will we see the timid, semi-retarded one we saw against LSU in the second half? Or the one that kept pouring it on Miss State and Arky. If we see the latter, I like our chances.

8 hours ago, tiger88 said:

They are beatable. If lindsey calls the game of his life, who knows? 

Our pass d today has me a bit worried. 

If Auburn can put Alabama in a position where Hurts has to air it out in order to move the ball, I like our chances.

14 hours ago, Strychnine said:

If Auburn can put Alabama in a position where Hurts has to air it out in order to move the ball, I like our chances.

I couldn't agree more. 

Archived