Alabama at Mississippi State

caleb1633

I'm really interested to see how this one plays out. Bama has looked somewhat human at times this year, and Miss State is the best team they've played thus far. QBs like Fitzgerald tend to be the ones that give their defense trouble. The fact that it's in Starksville too tips the scale much more heavily in Miss State's favor.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cowbells, cowbells, cowbells. If Auburn beats UGA then I hope Bama wins just to stay #1. But if not.. Hail State.

Agree with your analysis of the matchup; Fitz gonna have to beat them over the top to win though. I’m interested to see how many of Bama’s players are out with injury

3 hours ago, milehighfan said:

How many times has State gone up against bama with many feeling they had a chance to win only to see bama ram it up State's a$$ sideways?

Different team, different year. Plus I think most of those games were played at Bryant Danny. I also think that this Bama team has looked much more human than ones we've seen in the past when they face competent opponents.

93 November 15, 2008 Tuscaloosa, AL #1 Alabama 32–7
94 November 14, 2009 Starkville, MS #3 Alabama 31–3
95 November 13, 2010 Tuscaloosa, AL #11 Alabama 30–10
96 November 12, 2011 Starkville, MS #4 Alabama 24–7
97 October 27, 2012 Tuscaloosa, AL #1 Alabama 38–7
98 November 16, 2013 Starkville, MS #1 Alabama 20–7
99 November 15, 2014 Tuscaloosa, AL #5 Alabama 25–20
100 November 14, 2015 Starkville, MS #2 Alabama 31–6
101 November 12, 2016 Tuscaloosa, AL #1 Alabama 51–3

Actually made it a game once and that wasnt in starkvegas.

They likely won't beat them, but it will be another very physical game. LSU put a hurt on their LB corps and banged up some other guys. We seem to be getting some guys healthy while the Tide is going the other way. If we get out of the UGA game healthy and MSU can pound the Tide some, its advantage us in the Iron Bowl. 

Now that i can see as a possibility, the injuries take a toll on a team afterwhile no matter how many 5 stars you have.

5 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

Different team, different year. Plus I think most of those games were played at Bryant Danny. I also think that this Bama team has looked much more human than ones we've seen in the past when they face competent opponents.

UAT has played MSU in Starkville 5 times under Saban, they've whipped the pups by an average 35-9 in those games.  Why shouldn't we expect much of the same on Saturday?

58 minutes ago, keesler said:

UAT has played MSU in Starkville 5 times under Saban, they've whipped the pups by an average 35-9 in those games.  Why shouldn't we expect much of the same on Saturday?

Probably....so take bama and give the points....

UAT screwed me Saturday night vs LSU.   Turds chose to freaking kneel on the ball inside the 10 yrd line to end the damn game and didn't cover the spread. :banghead:

9 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

Well, don't be surprised if the second verse is the same as the first. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see State stick it up bama's a$$ sideways, I just don't see it happening, even if bama doesn't appear to be super human this year.

3 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Well, don't be surprised if the second verse is the same as the first. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see State stick it up bama's a$$ sideways, I just don't see it happening, even if bama doesn't appear to be super human this year.

I mean, that very well could happen. I'm torn on what I want to happen this game. Bama would never lose two straight SEC games. So if MSU beats them, they'll come out with a vengeance against us. But if MSU exposes them a little, even if they don't win, it could shake Bama's confidence that they are unbeatable. Ugh why couldn't they have just kept Shula?

2 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

I mean, that very well could happen. I'm torn on what I want to happen this game. Bama would never lose two straight SEC games. So if MSU beats them, they'll come out with a vengeance against us. But if MSU exposes them a little, even if they don't win, it could shake Bama's confidence that they are unbeatable. Ugh why couldn't they have just kept Shula?

I expect MSU to expose them a little with their offense, but think in the end bama will just out last them and start to steam roll them by the end of the game.

2 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

I think LSU exposed them to some degree.  If you can play M2M with your DBs and keep the rush lines covered, then JH has a hard time figuring what to do.  He has a canon for an arm, but maybe not the most accurate.  LSU got several sacks and then missed on a couple more.  If we can pressure him like LSU did, then we should be able to keep them grounded in the passing game.  Now on the other side the only weakness at this point might be that they have lost 4 of their 2 deep starting 7 LBs for the season.  Maybe we can take advantage of that as well.  If Fitzpatrick continues to have hamstring issues, then I really like our chances.

10 hours ago, Southwest said:
93 November 15, 2008 Tuscaloosa, AL #1 Alabama 32–7
94 November 14, 2009 Starkville, MS #3 Alabama 31–3
95 November 13, 2010 Tuscaloosa, AL #11 Alabama 30–10
96 November 12, 2011 Starkville, MS #4 Alabama 24–7
97 October 27, 2012 Tuscaloosa, AL #1 Alabama 38–7
98 November 16, 2013 Starkville, MS #1 Alabama 20–7
99 November 15, 2014 Tuscaloosa, AL #5 Alabama 25–20
100 November 14, 2015 Starkville, MS #2 Alabama 31–6
101 November 12, 2016 Tuscaloosa, AL #1 Alabama 51–3

Actually made it a game once and that wasnt in starkvegas.

Fair enough lol

Who should we be rooting for? Wanting the turds to win just feels gross and dirty and it’s always a good day when they lose. But I know it would look good if we beat two number one teams in one season. A conundrum...

Looks like bama is gonna answer pretty quickly...but as noted, probably best for AU for bama to win.....but maybe close and high scoring.....want to see what their D looks like in a pretty big game like this one. 

Archived