Alabama at Mississippi State

caleb1633

1 minute ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Maybe so, but you have too admit that Georgia and Notre Dame were definitely overrated more.

Definitely.  Georgias best win was vs Notre Dame.  Notre Dame....tonight...ugh ok.  Outside of that Georgia had had a cakewalk with only playing a ranked Miss State team.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think our defense is superior to MSU no doubt. MSU did everything except win the game. We will be ready for the turds and will make them pay worse than the 2013 IB.  I would love to smack them down by 17 or more points and send them home with their elephant tails between the legs. I think Mr. Holland will ring Hurts bell early and often. Unlike MSU, 3rd and long is our playing card and one our "D" we will play all day!

1 minute ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Maybe so, but you have too admit that Georgia and Notre Dame were definitely overrated more.

I've been thinking for some time that ND and Ga were each responsible for the high ranking of the other.

ND was the dawgs best win all season...and ND got credit for playing the dawgs tough with an otherwise good but not difficult schedule.   As noted, maybe neither was as good as advertised and it took getting on the field with really good balanced teams to expose them both.  :dunno:

1 minute ago, caleb1633 said:

This may work out better for us anyway. Quote from Saban's book: "Winning ugly is the kiss of death. It makes you think you don't have to play your best, but can still win." Hopefully this close victory works in our favor.

They already think that for every game.....every single year. I see it differently. It will scare them enough that they will tighten up the loose ends.  Lately we get bammer after a near miss or a game they let get away (Ole Miss) and then they fix all the exposed issues in time for the IB.

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

They already think that for every game.....every single year. I see it differently. It will scare them enough that they will tighten up the loose ends.  Lately we get bammer after a near miss or a game they let get away (Ole Miss) and then they fix all the exposed issues in time for the IB.

True enough, but we match up better with Bama this year than any since 2010.

1 minute ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

Definitely.  Georgias best win was vs Notre Dame.  Notre Dame....tonight...ugh ok.  Outside of that Georgia had had a cakewalk with only playing a ranked Miss State team.

That could make you think if you're Georgia.  They were hanging their hats and #1 taking on beating ND. Georgia gets shelled and watches the quality win they had do the same. They may be thinking "Are we even good? "

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

That could make you think if you're Georgia.  They were hanging their hats and #1 taking on beating ND. Georgia gets shelled and watches the quality win they had do the same. They may be thinking "Are we even good? "

They're still a very good team, and if we do face them in the SECCG I will be very concerned. They'll be looking for revenge, and we'll be on neutral turf.

1 minute ago, caleb1633 said:

True enough, but we match up better with Bama this year than any since 2010.

We can also hope MERCER gives them an uncharacteristic beat-down next week, hmmmm?  :jossun: (I know.)

Bama winning isn't the worst thing.  We now have a shot to knock off two #1 teams in three weeks.  We do that and win the SECG, we're dancing in the playoff.

5 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I think our defense is superior to MSU no doubt. MSU did everything except win the game. We will be ready for the turds and will make them pay worse than the 2013 IB.  I would love to smack them down by 17 or more points and send them home with their elephant tails between the legs. I think Mr. Holland will ring Hurts bell early and often. Unlike MSU, 3rd and long is our playing card and one our "D" we will play all day!

I can understand why you are so hyped. Y'all had a big win. It wasn't long ago, most of y'all wanted Gus gone. You have to admit, Bama is going to get everybody's best game.

31 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

I can understand why you are so hyped. Y'all had a big win. It wasn't long ago, most of y'all wanted Gus gone. You have to admit, Bama is going to get everybody's best game.

It will be a good game for sure. You never know with this one. Auburn will be bama's toughest game no doubt. You have to admit that Auburn could come out and smoke Bama like UGA.

18 hours ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Yes, to be expected.  By the end of the regular season, any given team either has injuries mounting or confidence-bred-through-adversity mounting.  It looks like Auburn is currently enjoying and being blessed by the latter.  You nailed it...we are hyped.  Beware of Mercer. :jossun:

Possibly my eyes were deceiving me, but I saw on numerous occasions uat players hitting MSU runners with forearm shots to head. 

It will be a good game and a challenge for our players. If our stadium maintains the fever and the noise level that we had yesterday, Bama better be worried. We never let down on the noise for our defense. They fed on it like it was biscuits and gravy. It was awesome!!! 

18 hours ago, E'Town4Bama said:

BTW - 

Sincere thanks for hanging an SEC L on LSU.

Sincerely hope we can take it from here.

16 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

It will be a good game and a challenge for our players. If our stadium maintains the fever and the noise level that we had yesterday, Bama better be worried. We never let down on the noise for our defense. They fed on it like it was biscuits and gravy. It was awesome!!! 

Only heard what the TV folks gave me, but

sounded like y'all were doing the job.

The student section was rocking. And for the first time, the fans used their phones as flashlights. I've seen that on TV at other places, but the first I've seen in our stadium. It's a great signal of support to the players. ;D

20 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

They're still a very good team, and if we do face them in the SECCG I will be very concerned. They'll be looking for revenge, and we'll be on neutral turf.

Georgia will have, at most, the same week they had to prepare for their last Auburn game in that scenario.  They cannot plan in advance, as they have no idea whether they will be playing Auburn or Alabama, and will not know until a week before the game.  In the meantime, they still have to beat a scrappy Kentucky, and another team that loves to run the ball in Georgia Tech, neither of which they can afford to take for granted.  Do they find an answer to the riddle of why Auburn physically dominated them on both lines in a week?

Prior to thinking they were going to go undefeated and stomp Alabama in the SEC Championship Game, Georgia fans were concerned about their offensive line.  Auburn knows they can neutralize Georgia's rushing attack, and Georgia knows it too, so what do they do?  Switch to an Air Raid against our defensive line, with a freshman QB playing in a dome?

I think we will give Bama fits early and often.  Unlike MSU, when we have them in 3rd and long, we will close the deal.  Gus needs to give KJ a break next week and let some of the young studs play. 

5 hours ago, Strychnine said:

Georgia will have, at most, the same week they had to prepare for their last Auburn game in that scenario.  They cannot plan in advance, as they have no idea whether they will be playing Auburn or Alabama, and will not know until a week before the game.  In the meantime, they still have to beat a scrappy Kentucky, and another team that loves to run the ball in Georgia Tech, neither of which they can afford to take for granted.  Do they find an answer to the riddle of why Auburn physically dominated them on both lines in a week?

Prior to thinking they were going to go undefeated and stomp Alabama in the SEC Championship Game, Georgia fans were concerned about their offensive line.  Auburn knows they can neutralize Georgia's rushing attack, and Georgia knows it too, so what do they do?  Switch to an Air Raid against our defensive line, with a freshman QB playing in a dome?

They are limited in the amount of game planning they'll be able to do, but they will play their butts off in an effort to redeem themselves after getting embarrassed. 

On the flip side, a lot of people say that it's tough to beat the same team twice in a season, but if memory serves me correctly, every SECCG I can think of where two teams played each other for the second time usually ended with the same result. Many of those times, the score was even more lopsided. Thinking specifically of UGA vs LSU in 2003, Auburn vs Tennessee in 2004, Auburn vs USCe in 2010. I don't remember one rematch that favored the team that lost the first meeting. So hopefully if we get to play them, the score is in our favor again.

8 hours ago, aufan57 said:

Possibly my eyes were deceiving me, but I saw on numerous occasions uat players hitting MSU runners with forearm shots to head. 

bammer always try to tackle high grabbing around the head.  Always seems that they give that effort to hurt the ball carrier.  That dirty plying has to be coached.

7 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

They are limited in the amount of game planning they'll be able to do, but they will play their butts off in an effort to redeem themselves after getting embarrassed. 

On the flip side, a lot of people say that it's tough to beat the same team twice in a season, but if memory serves me correctly, every SECCG I can think of where two teams played each other for the second time usually ended with the same result. Many of those times, the score was even more lopsided. Thinking specifically of UGA vs LSU in 2003, Auburn vs Tennessee in 2004, Auburn vs USCe in 2010. I don't remember one rematch that favored the team that lost the first meeting. So hopefully if we get to play them, the score is in our favor again.

I remember reading somewhere that in rematches, the team that won the first game usually wins the rematch.  Alabama vs LSU and Florida vs FSU are two notable exceptions that spring to mind.  However, in both cases, the teams had a month to prepare.  The last two SEC Championship Games that Auburn appeared in, ended up featuring Auburn playing ferociously.

The biggest advantage Auburn has heading into such a rematch is that the first game was not won by Auburn doing something odd that Georgia could not stop or miraculous play(s), Auburn won by dominating the line of scrimmage and being more physical than Georgia.  I fully expect Georgia would bring their A-game, but I think Auburn would too.

11 hours ago, around4ever said:

Now that he is being mentioned as a Heisman contender there is no way he takes the week off.  He will and should play at least the first half. 

Maybe... Just maybe, they'll let Kerryon score after making the other backs do all the work. Prepping him the NFL?

Archived