Arkansas wants Gus

aubiefifty

13 hours ago, jAUSon said:

Danny Sheridan lost me on  bagman day.

Everytime I see or hear the reference to the bagman it sounds like an urban legend character that Danny Sheridan heard as a kid and he still believes in it. He probably still puts an Easter Basket out too. 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, gohogs14 said:

A good coach doesn't lose to Toledo, a terrible Missouri Team, Texas Tech, and nearly lose to a 1-9 Coastal Carolina team.

The last good coach we had had us finishing in the top 5 in the country and winning 11 games. That won't happen often here but we shouldn't be as bad as we are now. Even Nutt won 8 or more games in 6/10 years and went to Atlanta twice.

As far as being a "good coach," I think Bielema was good at driving the car that Barry Alvarez gassed-up and navigated.

20 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

As far as being a "good coach," I think Bielema was good at driving the car that Barry Alvarez gassed-up and navigated.

Hog's reference to "good coach" wasn't implying Big Bert, pretty sure he was thinking of the guy who was a "bad Harley driver".

th?id=OIP.vdImp6dhOeGd0OYi59z2nwEsDO&pid

15 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Hog's reference to "good coach" wasn't implying Big Bert, pretty sure he was thinking of the guy who was a "bad Harley driver".

th?id=OIP.vdImp6dhOeGd0OYi59z2nwEsDO&pid

I know whom he was referencing. I just quoted the wrong post to share my beautiful analogy lol.

On 11/17/2017 at 5:31 PM, auburn4ever said:

LSU hired Gerry NiDardo away from Vandy. Auburn hired Tommy Tuberville away from Ole Miss. So if Arkansas hires Gus Malzahn away from Auburn, it won't be the first time a head leaves 1 SEC school for another SEC school.

LSU is a better program than Vandy. Auburn is a better program than Ole Miss.Arkansas is not a better program than Auburn. It would be the only time a coach moved down in changing SEC schools. Plus the fans aren't all behind him being at Arky. It's no different in that regard than staying at Auburn. 

On 11/18/2017 at 4:29 AM, JDUBB4AU said:

Initially the Bielema hire was great. He had a few big ten titles and a wining culture at Wisconsin. Now it’s a smelly fish, but then it was a home run hire . Cultural fit? No, but he did have a history of wining 

I totally understand and agree the belief was it was a "home run".   I was prob in the minority - I wondered if his B10 style would translate and allow him to recruit in Ark.  We found out that was a resounding "No".  Granted Ark is a dry state for talent, which makes this hire even more important "culturally".  We need a marketing savvy AD to build our brand and help with recruiting.  Not one who can't figure out that a corp culture //football culture is important to the overall program.

8 hours ago, hutchids said:

LSU is a better program than Vandy. Auburn is a better program than Ole Miss.Arkansas is not a better program than Auburn. It would be the only time a coach moved down in changing SEC schools. Plus the fans aren't all behind him being at Arky. It's no different in that regard than staying at Auburn. 

Curry left Bama for Kentucky but I completely agree with everything else you said. 

5 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Gus got pretty testy when asked about the Arkansas rumors today. 

Technically it was yesterday, haha. 

I actually liked his answer though. He's 100% correct. 

14 hours ago, gr82be said:

Curry left Bama for Kentucky but I completely agree with everything else you said. 

Yes, and Paul Davis left MSU to be defensive coordinator at AU.  Doug Dickey left UT for UF when the gators sucked eggs.

Oh, and what's his name that coached the school down the road left for TAM.

Make a coach uncomfortable and they will leave for long term security.

Little doc

5 hours ago, DAG said:

what the heck did he say?

He said he basically tried to ignore the media reports because one week your getting fired and the next your taking another job. Said he's worried about the SEC Championship right now. 

9 hours ago, bdc81 said:

Yes, and Paul Davis left MSU to be defensive coordinator at AU.  Doug Dickey left UT for UF when the gators sucked eggs.

Oh, and what's his name that coached the school down the road left for TAM.

Make a coach uncomfortable and they will leave for long term security.

Little doc

0r for their own mental health...

Even "golden handcuffs" have a key. ...

But....back to the business at hand......see that bama is 4 point favorite this morning.....sounds like people with money are expecting a good close game no matter who is coaching....or which players are injured..

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 4:19 PM, lionheartkc said:

Don't tell me you haven't noticed bama's #1 shill Danny Sheridan has been all over the sports talk circuit with every BS story he can make up about Gus since the Georgia game.

All other reporters - "Gus is no longer on the hot seat".

Sheridan - "Gus has to beat bama or he will be fired", which then became - "If Gus loses to bama, he'll go to Arkansas". 

I have no doubt that this started with the NW Arkansas boosters, but don't think that the REC isn't going to run with it. That's how they play... find any way to get an extra edge by distracting their bigger opponents. This year, they have no real dirt in easy access, so they will take whatever they can get.

back in 2010, the REC went ballistic and did everything to try to rob us of our joy of our National Championship by going after Cam and trying to make us look like we were doing some really bad things that the NCAA was just a breath away from giving us the death penalty and taking our NC away. The Updykes of bammerville were in such a bad way with us winning the NC that they did not know how remotely accept that fact that we won the NC and earned every win we had to achieve to be National Champions.

Beating their dear turd team Saturday will all but guarantee a ballistic campaign with an all out assault on Auburn with news of Gus leaving and that JHS was gassed with some mystery substance that only affected bammer players causing them to play bad thus resulting in a big win for us. Mark my word, this will happen.

The only reason we never heard anything like this during 2013 was because the turds thought there was no way we'd pull off the win.

Found the December 2, 2010 Plainsman issue put out the week between the Iron Bowl and the SEC Championship just this morning. Besides AU winning the canned food drive that week, oh, yes, joy-stealing memory recap with deserved exoneration/Heisman anticipation covered the front page. Easy to forget...not. No doubt about it, make no mistake about it. GriNch to the nth.

1 hour ago, caleb1633 said:

The only reason we never heard anything like this during 2013 was because the turds thought there was no way we'd pull off the win.

The amount of noise surrounding a bama game is directly proportional to how much their fans fear a loss. If they fear a player, then the noise is directed at that player (If they, God forbid, win and face Oklahoma in the play-offs, I'm waiting for the line of girls they will pay find to claim sexual misconduct against Mayfield). In our case, they don't fear a single player, but the whole team, so the target is the coach.

On 11/19/2017 at 2:20 AM, AU80cruiser said:

https://youtu.be/fzO1DSI_ZnQ

Gus got pretty testy when asked about the Arkansas rumors today. 

Technically it was yesterday, haha. 

On 11/19/2017 at 10:02 PM, DAG said:

what the heck did he say?

Sorry I posted an edit after i was quoted by gr82be and its in my youtube link above.

You can bet that if Gus did leave to go to Arkansas, Kevin Steele would not follow him there.

15 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

You can bet that if Gus did leave to go to Arkansas, Kevin Steele would not follow him there.

I think Steele would retire before coaching anywhere else. 

Archived