Arkansas wants Gus

aubiefifty

You what sounds halfway plausible to me?

Les Miles to Ark.  I have not heard that, just sharing a thought.   He knows LA and S TX and it would be much better than any other offer he has had.  I am hearing Oregon St.  

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said after the LSU game and before the UGA game that best case scenario was we won out and Arky hired him. But after how i saw him during the UGA game I am now back on the bus. Alabama will be the tell-all game for Gus. Is he changed or was it a one-game fluke.

There's at least one thing worse than another school wanting your coach and that's if no one wanted your coach. 

21 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Hey now...  Some of us stayed the course throughout this season... :bananadance:

Do you want an award or something?

Gus saw fit for the first time in 3 yrs to put a product on the field that dominated a top ranked opponent.  I gave him an "atta Boy" and an applause.  Gus has still not proven that he can keep his head above water in a pool where the annual championship contenders consistently swim laps like Michael Phelps.

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

Do you want an award or something?

I would actually.  Nothing big.  Maybe a parade in my name with the mayor present.  The trophy doesn't need to be made of pure gold, silver or platinum will do.  Maybe a dedication video to go with it with Morgan Freeman narrating.  But again, nothing too big.  :rollin:

In all seriousness I was just trying to make a lighthearted joke my man.  Honestly none of this talk will really matter until the Iron Bowl happens.  So really the only point of these polls is just to get people arguing again and hating on one another.  So I try to interject some comedy when I can to get people to relax.  Times are good for this Auburn football team!  Let's keep that mindset rolling into next week like we did before the UGA game!

11 minutes ago, gr82be said:

There's at least one thing worse than another school wanting your coach and that's if no one wanted your coach. 

When was the last time another program asked for AU's permission to interview CGM?  

Jimmy Sexton has hit the ground running and struck while the iron was red HOT!  Throw his clients name around for an Arky job that isn't even freaking open in the wake of Gus' best win on over 3 damn years. 

Proceed to get the AU fan base all in an uproar, get these AU message boards buzzing like an angry bee hive and try like hell to get his client a premature contract extension & raise in pay.  

Sexton is the best in the business.  But anyone in the AU Administration that takes his bait regardless of the outcome of this season are a bunch of fools in suits 'n ties.

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I would actually.  Nothing big.  Maybe a parade in my name with the mayor present.  The trophy doesn't need to be made of pure gold, silver or platinum will do.  Maybe a dedication video to go with it with Morgan Freeman narrating.  But again, nothing too big.  :rollin:

In all seriousness I was just trying to make a lighthearted joke my man.  Honestly none of this talk will really matter until the Iron Bowl happens.  So really the only point of these polls is just to get people arguing again and hating on one another.  So I try to interject some comedy when I can to get people to relax.  Times are good for this Auburn football team!  Let's keep that mindset rolling into next week like we did before the UGA game!

I'm a skeptic person by nature, I'm sure you never noticed that about me. Hahaha!   :Sing:

Your positive vibes are appreciated on this board - it balances out the old curmudgeons. 

For those who may be worried about the possibility of Gus leaving, remember that Auburn was great before he got here and will be great when he is no longer at Auburn!   

3 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

Fake news curtesy of turdy rivals I’m sure

Have they infiltrated the all of the Hog message boards too?  Because this has been a hot topic by their fans for weeks.

4 minutes ago, Tiger1992 said:

Sexton is also throwing Jimbo's name out there for A&M. Texags is all over it and drooling for him.

Doesn't JF have an astronomical buyout?  Like +$20million?

Just now, keesler said:

Have they infiltrated the all of the Hog message boards too?  Because this has been a hot topic by their fans for weeks.

Well if Bret was my coach I’d be clamoring for anyone I could get my hands on!

But in all seriousness, there’s just enough logic to it to discuss it but not really enough to consider it. (Noted: logic not Gus’s strong suit). Arky makes more sense for a last-stop gig for Gus though

12 minutes ago, keesler said:

Doesn't JF have an astronomical buyout?  Like +$20million?

All of Sexton's coaches have astronomical buyouts and he has almost every top coach ....and some bottom ones too.  Anyone considered an anti-trust action  against him?     Seriously? 

1 hour ago, bg5 said:

Newsflash!!! Most of the time when a coach leaves you don't get to pick and choose which coaches stay and which ones go. With all of the job opening in the SEC this year I can almost guarantee you that we will not find a better coach than Gus so you better hope he stay's. If he leaves it will set us back three years. A new Off. and Def. will come in and we will lose some recruits. this is not a good year to be making changes.

Newsflash! If Gus wants to leave that does not automatucally mean that his assisyant coaches want to follow him especially to a school who will likely he unable to pay them as much as Auburn when paying Gus' buyout along with a 4m+ yearly salary.  And you seem to know a lot to be sure we will be set back especially when outside of UF Auburn would be the best opening by a long way.  Lets also not forget Belima and  9m buyout.

18 minutes ago, AUTiger2012 said:

Newsflash! If Gus wants to leave that does not automatucally mean that his assisyant coaches want to follow him especially to a school who will likely he unable to pay them as much as Auburn when paying Gus' buyout along with a 4m+ yearly salary.  And you seem to know a lot to be sure we will be set back especially when outside of UF Auburn would be the best opening by a long way.  Lets also not forget Belima and  9m buyout.

Right. Hard to sell Arkansas to everyone on staff other than Herb Hand and Kodi Burns (mainly because those 2 guys would probably not get picked up by top Power 5 programs) to jump ship from Auburn to goto Arky where it's harder to win and likely get paid less. Why would any of our defensive staff want to do that? 

I don't think it's about the money for Gus. He's taken steps down multiple times before in the name of control. That's where his heart is, IMO. And Arky may just hand over all control to him.

30 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Right. Hard to sell Arkansas to everyone on staff other than Herb Hand and Kodi Burns (mainly because those 2 guys would probably not get picked up by top Power 5 programs) to jump ship from Auburn to goto Arky where it's harder to win and likely get paid less. Why would any of our defensive staff want to do that? 

I don't think it's about the money for Gus. He's taken steps down multiple times before in the name of control. That's where his heart is, IMO. And Arky may just hand over all control to him.

Are we seriously discussing this as a possibility to the point trying to figure out which assistants are staying?  Gus is not leaving, this is all Sexton working on leverage or bammer media trolls (probably a combination).  Gus is not leaving. 

2 hours ago, Howard Roark said:

I have a feeling that Booger's "source" is Finebaum.  I wouldn't give credence to a grown man named Booger anyway.

There's probably a little choreography going on between Booger and Baum's views.  Whatever boosts ratings works for them.

3 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

My buddy is a huge Hog fan(he also knows more about NCAA sports as a whole than anyone I’ve ever met), and he said he’d take Gus; but he wants Norvell from Memphis more. 

Yep. It seems this is the growing consensus.

16 minutes ago, Howard Roark said:

Are we seriously discussing this as a possibility to the point trying to figure out which assistants are staying?  Gus is not leaving, this is all Sexton working on leverage or bammer media trolls (probably a combination).  Gus is not leaving. 

Has nothing to do with Bama. Please stop with that nonsense. It is Mike Irwin and the Arkansas media pushing the narrative.

Archived