Arkansas wants Gus

aubiefifty

Why does any Auburn person listen to Danny Sheridan?  and more to the point, why would any Auburn person give a s*** to what that guy has to say about anything?    Amazes me how people quote him as if he's some "plugged in source" about anything related to AU.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AU64 said:

Why does any Auburn person listen to Danny Sheridan?  and more to the point, why would any Auburn person give a s*** to what that guy has to say about anything?    Amazes me how people quote him as if he's some "plugged in source" about anything related to AU.

64 getting fired up 

the arkansas job is a death sentence. they could finish 4th at best in sec west if they do good. bad recruiting grounds. nothing to do in arkansas. kids dont want to go their. bilema is a good coach and he couldnt do it. 

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Danny Sheridan is an idiot. Nobody takes him seriously. The Arkansas reporters such as Mike Irwin is a different story. 

Complete idiot, but for some reason USA Today takes him seriously, as do several other media outlets who have been covering his rantings over the past few days.

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

64 getting fired up 

Danny does that to me....I'm sorry....

My thinking for what it is worth...

1) The REC gets something going like this everytime they are “worried” about losing to Auburn.  Par for the the course.  Before next week will be a report about “someone with knowledge” says they are working on a buy out/contract and it’s a done deal.

2) CGM isn’t going to Arky.  Same division of the SEC and will get his ass handed to him by Bama, Auburn, and LSU every year for the next 5 while he puts his program in place.

3) It will take at least 5 full classes before Arky has the players to run his offense.  

4) Taking #2 and #3 into account, CGM is too stuburn/competitive to start over when finally has talent and depth. 

4 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Complete idiot, but for some reason USA Today takes him seriously, as do several other media outlets who have been covering his rantings over the past few days.

That's called the media. You think they take Lavar ball and his wisdom seriously? Or are they simply just trying to garner ratings?

9 minutes ago, cbsTiger said:

1) The REC gets something going like this everytime they are “worried” about losing to Auburn.  Par for the the course.  Before next week will be a report about “someone with knowledge” says they are working on a buy out/contract and it’s a done deal.

2) CGM isn’t going to Arky.  Same division of the SEC and will get his ass handed to him by Bama, Auburn, and LSU every year for the next 5 while he puts his program in place.

3) It will take at least 5 full classes before Arky has the players to run his offense.  

4) Taking #2 and #3 into account, CGM is too stuburn/competitive to start over when finally has talent and depth. 

1. Some good points but maybe he figures he can deal with AU, LSU and other guys and arky would not be all that bent out of shape about not being able to handle bama.  Plus won't have to play Georgia each year...think their permanent SEC East opponent is Missouri.....Whoopee.... 

2. took him 2 years (plus Cam) to run the offense to win a national championship so you never know what can happen. 

But probably Gus is not going anywhere....but makes for good conversation.....like someone noted, when Tubs was going to leave every year until he actually was asked to leave.   He might have been smarter to go on his own terms .....but some coaches don't figure that out until too late. 

3 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Jeff Long to AU as ad? 

???

He hired Beliema for crying out loud.   Good judgment?

24 minutes ago, cbsTiger said:

This is freaking spot on.  Go back and look at the Cam timeline.  The closer we got to the bama game, the more fiction was written.  Then after, it died down a few days, then resumed for the Heisman.  

Had there been a lick of journalism, the journalists would have focused on Miss St and the actual conversation and why an MSU booster was present when the coach met with Mr Newton.   But nobody really cared about the real story. 

3 minutes ago, Beaker said:

This is freaking spot on.  Go back and look at the Cam timeline.  The closer we got to the bama game, the more fiction was written.  Then after, it died down a few days, then resumed for the Heisman.  

Had there been a lick of journalism, the journalists would have focused on Miss St and the actual conversation and why an MSU booster was present when the coach met with Mr Newton.   But nobody really cared about the real story. 

The one thing that really bugged me during all of this is why more attention wasn't applied to officials at Miss. St.  They seemed to be a helluva of alot more at fault than Auburn.

14 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

The one thing that really bugged me during all of this is why more attention wasn't applied to officials at Miss. St.  They seemed to be a helluva of alot more at fault than Auburn.

And that is why I have no personal tolerance of the thought of Dan Mullen ever setting foot on the Plains except as a guest.

LSU hired Gerry NiDardo away from Vandy. Auburn hired Tommy Tuberville away from Ole Miss. So if Arkansas hires Gus Malzahn away from Auburn, it won't be the first time a head leaves 1 SEC school for another SEC school.

1 hour ago, Tiger Scout said:

the arkansas job is a death sentence. they could finish 4th at best in sec west if they do good. bad recruiting grounds. nothing to do in arkansas. kids dont want to go their. bilema is a good coach and he couldnt do it. 

A good coach doesn't lose to Toledo, a terrible Missouri Team, Texas Tech, and nearly lose to a 1-9 Coastal Carolina team.

The last good coach we had had us finishing in the top 5 in the country and winning 11 games. That won't happen often here but we shouldn't be as bad as we are now. Even Nutt won 8 or more games in 6/10 years and went to Atlanta twice.

26 minutes ago, gohogs14 said:

A good coach doesn't lose to Toledo, a terrible Missouri Team, Texas Tech, and nearly lose to a 1-9 Coastal Carolina team.

The last good coach we had had us finishing in the top 5 in the country and winning 11 games. That won't happen often here but we shouldn't be as bad as we are now. Even Nutt won 8 or more games in 6/10 years and went to Atlanta twice.

sounds like a reasonable assessment of things.   But amazing to me that BB turned out like he did. 

Truly I expected more of him based on his Big 10 experience......and I don't blame Long for making a "bad hire" .....could have happened to anyone and has happened to lots of good ADs over the years. ....just look across the SEC and notice all the new coaches in place or soon to be in place because an AD made a bad hire? .

50 minutes ago, gohogs14 said:

It can be done there.  Has before (in every sport) and will again in football.  Just got to get the right guy.  Again.

4 hours ago, Beaker said:

???

He hired Beliema for crying out loud.   Good judgment?

He did that . Your right , but overall he did great across a majority of sports . 

2 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

He did that . Your right , but overall he did great across a majority of sports . 

I have not studied anything on this, but the Beliema decision didn't seem smart at the time to me and it smells worse today.

I will say this, I am impressed with their facilities considering its "Arkansas".  I have been in their weight room, student ath center and their stadium expansion is well above what they can fill.   

5 hours ago, Beaker said:

I have not studied anything on this, but the Beliema decision didn't seem smart at the time to me and it smells worse today.

I will say this, I am impressed with their facilities considering its "Arkansas".  I have been in their weight room, student ath center and their stadium expansion is well above what they can fill.   

Initially the Bielema hire was great. He had a few big ten titles and a wining culture at Wisconsin. Now it’s a smelly fish, but then it was a home run hire . Cultural fit? No, but he did have a history of wining 

2 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Initially the Bielema hire was great. He had a few big ten titles and a wining culture at Wisconsin. Now it’s a smelly fish, but then it was a home run hire . Cultural fit? No, but he did have a history of wining 

Agree...but hindsight makes everyone smarter.

21 hours ago, keesler said:

I'd love to know how Auburn could prevent sports reporters from reporting what they want?

I will tell you how. We could have an AD that is highly respected a very likable, who could go behind the scenes to make sure there are reporters countering this nonsense with Pro-AU pieces. We make fun of the REC but that’s exactly the type of thing they do. Of course we don not have that type of AD, so its a moot point. 

Archived