New names on familiar jerseys

AUHansel

Out of the Big 5 seniors(campbell, ronnie, caddy, junior, and carlos), Caddy is the only player thats number is open. 4, 14,17, and 23 are all on new players. It seems that the irons brothers have new numbers on their jerseys. kenny irons ditched his old number (41...i think) and has taken Ronnie's. I'm not sure if he wore it at SC or in high school. David Irons is now #4(rosegreens). Not sure about his past jerseys either. 17 will still grace Campbell's jersey, but not what you think. It's now Anthony Campbell's number. Also, Lorenzo Ferguson is wearing number 14. I guess it's alright but I was hoping no one would take the seniors numbers for at least one year.

Roster

F87085.jpg

F86534.jpg

220115.jpg

My Wife I and call players by the person that used to wear that number. Like we called Jason Campbell "Regie Slack". ect.

I think a great addition to our Museum would be the Auburn history by number. You could select a number and see all the players that wore that number including news reports and highlight film. I think it would be great for freshmen when they get their number assignment to look up past players who wore that number.

Those Orange jerseys are Ausome! Maybe this is THE YEAR they come back! :au:

149713[/snapback]

Oh lord here we go :o .

149713[/snapback]

I say we put people on a 2 week "vacation" from WEN if they bring this up EVER AGAIN!

:D

149713[/snapback]

I say we put people on a 2 week "vacation" from WEN if they bring this up EVER AGAIN!

149770[/snapback]

haha...sorry i posted the pictures, didn't want to bring up the orange jersey debate, but thats the color the defense is wearin right now.

149713[/snapback]

149770[/snapback]

Fabulous idea.

If someone were to say "I think the orange tinted face shields are cool" how long of a ban would they get.... Hypothetically speaking of course....

If someone were to say "I think the orange tinted face shields are cool"  how long of a ban would they get.... Hypothetically speaking of course....

149788[/snapback]

Errr, uhhhh, Lifetime ban??????........ :poke:

:au:

I think it is great that these guys are using those numbers - it gives them something to aspire to. D Irons, to have as many picks as Rosegreen. K Irons, to run and catch like Brown. Ferguson, to lock down one side of the field like Rogers.

Plus, A. Campbell getting #17 is further proof of the streamlining of the Athletics Department - it is a lot of work taking an 8-letter name of a jersey, and then sewing one on another jersey. Plus, you figure there are the blue jerseys, then the white ones, and now did someone say there will be orange ones too? :D (Now I just hope they didn't put a sewing machine out of work with that, or else we'll be hearing from their union rep on Finebaum tomorrow).

Like the depth chart not having the seniors on it, it's sort of an empty feeling seeing other players in these guys' numbers. However, they are the FUTURE of what promises to be a very bright one for the Auburn Tigers, and War Eagle for that.

149713[/snapback]

149770[/snapback]

Ok then... I really like the dark yellow, with a shot of red, jersey in the pictures. :poke:

149713[/snapback]

149770[/snapback]

Ok then... I really like the dark yellow, with a shot of red, jersey in the pictures. :poke:

149902[/snapback]

Ok, we'll see you in a couple of weeks then! :poke:

dlowe you hit the nail on the head. when i was at practice and scrimmage it was kind of an empty feeling. i think one of my happiest moments at the scrimmage was when i looked across to the other sideline and saw jason over there (he's in town for our pro day on march 21st). but at the same time, i liked seeing the other guys establish themselves as leaders. like mcclover running around and screaming before the defense took the field JUST LIKE junior used to do. but i still miss those guys being out there.

Archived