Trump: "I'd fire Rather..."

DKW 86

Link

Sunday, March 6, 2005 11:13 a.m. EST

Trump: I'd Fire Dan Rather

Megabucks real estate mogul Donald Trump, whose patented phrase,"You're Fired," has become the centerpiece of NBC's hit show "The Apprentice," said Sunday that he'd fire CBS News anchorman Dan Rather if he had the chance.

"I would have fired him a long time ago," Trump told "Fox News Sunday." "I would have said, 'Dan, you're fired.'"

The recently remarried gazillionaire went on to elaborate:

"I'm not a big fan of Dan Rather. I don't want to be a fan of Dan Rather. I don't think he's good at the news. I don't think a lot of people think he's good at the news. He was always highly overrated."

Of the Memogate scandal that precipitated Rather's departure this Wednesday from the anchor chair at the "CBS Evening News," Trump said, "It was disgusting the way it was handled by Dan Rather. And I don't know why they're firing other people - he was the head of it. So why aren't they firing Dan Rather?"

The real estate tycoon did admit that he has some personal animus against the retiring newsman.

"He did a report on me that was basically dishonest," ( I am shocked!  :big: )Trump told Foxman Chris Wallace "So since then, I don't deal with him."

Link
Sunday, March 6, 2005 11:13 a.m. EST

Trump: I'd Fire Dan Rather

Megabucks real estate mogul Donald Trump, whose patented phrase,"You're Fired," has become the centerpiece of NBC's hit show "The Apprentice," said Sunday that he'd fire CBS News anchorman Dan Rather if he had the chance.

"I would have fired him a long time ago," Trump told "Fox News Sunday." "I would have said, 'Dan, you're fired.'"

The recently remarried gazillionaire went on to elaborate:

"I'm not a big fan of Dan Rather. I don't want to be a fan of Dan Rather. I don't think he's good at the news. I don't think a lot of people think he's good at the news. He was always highly overrated."

Of the Memogate scandal that precipitated Rather's departure this Wednesday from the anchor chair at the "CBS Evening News," Trump said, "It was disgusting the way it was handled by Dan Rather. And I don't know why they're firing other people - he was the head of it. So why aren't they firing Dan Rather?"

The real estate tycoon did admit that he has some personal animus against the retiring newsman.

"He did a report on me that was basically dishonest," ( I am shocked!  :big: )Trump told Foxman Chris Wallace "So since then, I don't deal with him."

149987[/snapback]

Trump should fire his hair dresser while he's at it.

Does he even have one?

Guest Tigrinum Major

Does he even have one?

150120[/snapback]

I think he meant his toupee' maker...

Trump would have fired Cronkite. It's a wonder the guy has any employees left. He must have run out of people to fire, so he got his own show where he can say, "You're fired" to schmucks on national television. What kind of guy wants to do that?

Freud said a lot of people subconsciously want to kill their fathers and possess their mothers. With Trump, it's more like he wants to kill God and possess the Universe.

Trump would have fired Cronkite. It's a wonder the guy has any employees left.  He must have run out of people to fire, so he got his own show where he can say, "You're fired" to schmucks on national television.  What kind of guy wants to do that?

Freud said a lot of people subconsciously want to kill their fathers and possess their mothers. With Trump, it's more like he wants to kill God and possess the Universe.

150172[/snapback]

So what you're saying is... you are a huge Donald Trump fan, huh? ;)

Archived