THE DEMO-GOGUES

Tigermike

THE DEMO-GOGUES

From the Poets' corner: "This message to those who attack you; [Republicans], you reap what you sow, so watch your back. We're still following the leader, and you can all go to hell." --former senator Max Cleland in a poem at Tom Daschle's building-naming dinner ++ "Old Tom [was a] champion for working folk who will take their crap no more." --Teddy Kennedy with his own poetry

This week's "Las Clintonista Leftovers" Award: "In every single election [in Iran since 1997], the guys I identify with got two-thirds to 70 percent of the vote. There is no other country in the world I can say that about, certainly not my own." --Bill Clinton **Thank goodness!

From the "Confiscated Income" Files: "When you have a tax, where you pay the same tax whether you're wealthy or you're poor, that's not fair." --Charlie Rangel :blink:

Then and Now: "[D]ue to the increasing number of baby boomers reaching retirement age, Social Security will be unable to pay out full benefits beginning in 2032, but the sooner Congress gets to avert this crisis the easier and less painful it will be." --Dick Durbin in 1998 ++ "If the president is committed to destroying Social Security, which is privatization, then it doesn't make much sense to get into a negotiation. ... The fact is, privatization cannot be on the table." --Ted Kennedy (D-Neverland)

"While this Republican administration has spoken strongly about promoting democracy around the world, the House Republican leadership is working feverishly to undermine democracy here at home." --Nancy Pelosi advocating Democrisy

The steaks are raised: "Renew your membership today at the most generous level you can afford and help me stop Rove's mignons [sic] in their tracks." --Washington State Democrat Party Chairman Paul Berendt

http://federalistpatriot.us/pub/05-10_Chronicle.htm

Archived