Sad Days at The FBI

Proud Tiger

14 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

He helped write the memo that Comey used to take Hillary off the hook. How can you say he isn't biased. Not to mention his wife gave $600,000 to the Clinton campaign.

And Bob Mueller is a REPUBLICAN!

Do you not see where that sort of logic takes us as a country?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

He helped write the memo that Comey used to take Hillary off the hook. How can you say he isn't biased. Not to mention his wife gave $600,000 to the Clinton campaign.

Are you suggesting Comey's wife is not entitled to her constitutional right of freedom of speech?    ;D

56 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'd also point out who his wife gave money to is irrelevant.  It's well known that James Carville is married to a Republican.  They disagree on politics vehemently.  Doesn't mean they still can't leave that at the door when they get home.

Neither one works for the FBI

17 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Neither one works for the FBI

So are FBI agents not allowed to have political philosophies that determine the candidates they support, or are they only allowed to have affiliations with the GOP?

7 minutes ago, HVAU said:

So are FBI agents not allowed to have political philosophies that determine the candidates they support, or are they only allowed to have affiliations with the GOP?

They aren't allowed to show bias either way so that is the question on the table. But in fact gov't employees are prohibited by law to actively participate in a campaign for any party's candidates in any way form or fashion. It's called the hatch Act and has beeen on the books since 1939.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=Hatch+act&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=&as_occt=any&safe=images&as_filetype=&as_rights=

6 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

They aren't allowed to show bias either way so that is the question on the table. But in fact gov't employees are prohibited by law to actively participate in a campaign for any party's candidates in any way form or fashion.

The information presented on the previous page illustrates that the FBI agents had reservations about but candidates and, without some other evidence, it should be considered that they performed their jobs competently and in an objective manner.

Weren't you criticizing the activities of agent spouses?  There is nothing barring the spouses of Federal employees from participating in campaigns. 

You've also neglected to address the inaccuracy of the Trump tweet claiming Clinton have 700k to McCabe's wife.  Are his inaccuracies acceptable at a time where a narrative exists that Trump's public excoriation of the FBI is an attempt to further obstruct justice?  

1 minute ago, HVAU said:

The information presented on the previous page illustrates that the FBI agents had reservations about but candidates and, without some other evidence, it should be considered that they performed their jobs competently and in an objective manner.

Weren't you criticizing the activities of agent spouses?  There is nothing barring the spouses of Federal employees from participating in campaigns. 

You've also neglected to address the inaccuracy of the Trump tweet claiming Clinton have 700k to McCabe's wife.  Are his inaccuracies acceptable at a time where a narrative exists that Trump's public excoriation of the FBI is an attempt to further obstruct justice?  

Spouses aren't prohibited but it's frowned on especially if their husband is a political appointee. As this thread has shown there is a lot of info out there that apparently some people don't want us to see. Why I don't know. I want to  see the highly diccussed memo and see what the truth is. I assume you do too so a lot of the speculation can be replaced with facts.

4 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Spouses aren't prohibited but it's frowned on especially if their husband is a political appointee. As this thread has shown there is a lot of info out there that apparently some people don't want us to see. Why I don't know. I want to  see the highly diccussed memo and see what the truth is. I assume you do too so a lot of the speculation can be replaced with facts.

I do want to see it.  I would also like to see the counter memo from the Democrats.  Nunes lacks the credibility he would need for me to take his memo at face value.

10 minutes ago, HVAU said:

I do want to see it.  I would also like to see the counter memo from the Democrats.  Nunes lacks the credibility he would need for me to take his memo at face value.

I would have no problem seeing the Dem memo. What is preventing them from releasing it? Nunes has a lot more crdibility than Schiff does with me. That shouldn't surprise you.

2 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Your confusion is growing.

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

I would have no problem seeing the Dem memo. What is preventing them from releasing it? Nunes has a lot more crdibility than Schiff does with me. That shouldn't surprise you.

The HIC's Republican majority voted to restrict the Democrats from releasing their memo.  

You are correct, there's no surprise that you find Nunes credible.

47 minutes ago, HVAU said:

So you don't see any possible conflict of interest in allowing mostly the same people that that were involved in the Hillary e-mail investigation to investigate Russian links to the Trump campaign? All the while these investigations have overlapped the presidential election. Considering the shenanigans that occurred during the Hillary e-mail investigation like Loretta Lynch meeting with Bill Clinton on a tarmac in Lynch's airplane. I don't see how it would have been considered a good idea to allow those same people to be over the Russia investigation. The whole purpose of the investigation is to see if there was collusion between the Russians and members of the Trump campaign.

How can you expect there to be fairness in the Russia investigation when the department and FBI Director showed leniency towards the Clinton team in the e-mail investigation?....... Clinton's IT staffer pleaded the 5th 125 times. Two of Clinton's lawyers received immunity just for turning over their laptops. Once they got immunity only then were they willing to talk with the FBI investigators....

Contrast those standards to the Russia investigation. Who on Trump's team has received immunity?............ No one

Just now, Auburnfan91 said:

So you don't see any possible conflict of interest in allowing mostly the same people that that were involved in the Hillary e-mail investigation to investigate Russian links to the Trump campaign? 

Who is on the roster of each investigation, please don't include those that were removed due to potential conflicts of interest?

Allthe while the investigations overlapping the presidential election. Considering the shenanigans that occurred during the Hillary e-mail investigation like Loretta Lynch meeting with Bill Clinton on a tarmac in Lynch's airplane. I don't see how it would have been considered a good idea to allow those same people to be over the Russia investigation, considering the whole purpose of the investigation is to see if there was collusion between the Russians and members of the Trump campaign.

Again, who is "over" the investigation into Russian interference into the election that has a conflict of interest and hasn't been removed?

How can you expect there to be fairness in the Russia investigation when the department and FBI Director showed leniency towards the Clinton team in the e-mail investigation?....... 

Their reporting pretty much gave the election the Trump.  Comey's decision to announce the reopening of the Clinton investigation while neglecting to announce an emerging investigation focused on Russia and Trump seems to cloud this notion that Comey and his agents were on the Clinton team.

Clinton'sIT staffer pleaded the 5th 125 times. Two of Clinton's lawyers received immunity just for turning over their laptops. Once they got immunity only then were they willing to talk with the FBI investigators....

Which resulted in what exactly?

Contrast those standards to the Russia investigation. Who on Trump's team has received immunity?............ No one

I view this as Mueller taking foreign adversaries meddling in US elections seriously.  It'd be refreshing to see Republicans also regard it with appropriate gravity.  You're also mixing media here.  Mueller was assigned this as a special counsel not as an agent of the FBI.

25 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Research more. Post less. Shoot for quality. Or at least accuracy.

Good advice. Follow it.

The FBI (McCabe) didn't appear to be too concerned over security when it involved Clinton and Abedin e-mail.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/31/mccabe-learned-about-clinton-emails-on-weiner-laptop-month-before-fbi-alerted-congress-report-says.htmlAbedin

7 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I do

Yea I see. Your last few e-mails have had a lot of substance and quality while I had a good exchange with HVAU.

13 hours ago, HVAU said:

The HIC's Republican majority voted to restrict the Democrats from releasing their memo.  

You are correct, there's no surprise that you find Nunes credible.

Looks like the Dems have now been given the memo:

https://redbluedivide.com/nunes-allows-bipartisan-viewing-supporting-intel-memo/

But I guess you can't make Schiff happy:

https://redbluedivide.com/schiff-makes-last-ditch-effort-stop-nunes-memo-release/

4 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Look who's tweeting now.Looks like a man getting the jump on his defense.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/01/comey-rips-weasels-and-liars-invokes-joe-mccarthy-in-twitter-rant.html

Can you explain the rationale behind your statement?

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

It wasn't a statement but a speculation.

Got it.  There was none.  My fault for making assumptions.

Cheers

Archived