Sad Days at The FBI

Proud Tiger

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

It is an opinion piece (not mine) and I said FWIW. I hope it is all false. The last thing I want to see is the FBI tarnished any more than a few high level folks already have

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/01/24/michael-goodwin-evidence-suggests-massive-scandal-is-brewing-at-fbi.html

Then quit supporting Putin’s tarnishers.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To whom it may concern, the DOJ and FBI work closely together in the investigative process. Keep in mind, the vast majority of case files handled by the DOJ do not go to trial. Perhaps due to societal preconceived notions, we often yolk the DOJ with litigation while we link the FBI with that which is preliminary to litigation. However, such a phenomena doesn't align in the practical sense, but not to the fault of one's own mind, but rather to societal outlets from which such insights we glean. 

50,000/150 days = 330 Texts/day. 7 DAYS A WEEK....:ucrazy:

330/12hours?=27.5 texts per hour or about a text "roughly" every 2 minutes. 7 DAYS A WEEK.... :ucrazy:

How can you even do your job, have a life, have a family, hell, when did they have time for an affair. Were they texting each other while they were bed?

12 hours was just for reference.

6 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

330/12hours?=27.5 texts per hour or about a text "roughly" every 2 minutes. 7 DAYS A WEEK.... :ucrazy:

How can you even do your job, have a life, have a family, hell, when did they have time for an affair. Were they texting each other while they were bed?

yep.....millennials 

29 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Not to defend much, but the way people text now is different.  Not uncommon to send shorter texts with a bunch in a row rather than long ones.  For instance, an actual quick convo between me and my wife the other day:

Me:  I'm done.  This is insane.

Me: Getting a rain check.

Wife: Really?

Wife: Wow.

That's four total texts sent within about 30 seconds of each other.  It wouldn't take long to add up.

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Not to defend much, but the way people text now is different.  Not uncommon to send shorter texts with a bunch in a row rather than long ones.  For instance, an actual quick convo between me and my wife the other day:

That's four total texts sent within about 30 seconds of each other.  It wouldn't take long to add up.

Come on Brad that's week for you.:Sing:

10 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Come on Brad that's week for you.:Sing:

How so?  That's a legit conversation I had with my wife.  It's not uncommon with many of my friends and family either to text in that type of format.  I realize some posters here are older and likely don't text in that way (if at all), so bringing a different view point.  I can easily send/receive hundreds of texts a day without it affecting my ability to do my job.

58 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

How so?  That's a legit conversation I had with my wife.  It's not uncommon with many of my friends and family either to text in that type of format.  I realize some posters here are older and likely don't text in that way (if at all), so bringing a different view point.  I can easily send/receive hundreds of texts a day without it affecting my ability to do my job.

Just kidding around with you youngun'

10 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Get it

Strzok: Trumps gotta go.

Page: Trump sux

Strzok: SS meet 0800

Page: Thx

The DOJ IG has now recovered some of the missing texts between Stzrok and Page. Gets more interesting by the day.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/25/missing-text-messages-between-two-fbi-employees-have-been-located-according-to-department-justice-official.html

2 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

The DOJ IG has now recovered some of the missing texts between Stzrok and Page. Gets more interesting by the day.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/25/missing-text-messages-between-two-fbi-employees-have-been-located-according-to-department-justice-official.html

So all this hand-wringing over the missing messages turned out not to be a huge deal after all?

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

So all this hand-wringing over the missing messages turned out not to be a huge deal after all?

How do you know? I haven't seen the context of any of them since they haven't been released/ Have you?

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

How do you know? I haven't seen the context of any of them since they haven't been released/ Have you?

Not relevant to what I said.  I'm simply saying, everyone was losing their minds that somehow this glitch which seemed to cause the loss of the messages turned out not to be that big a deal.  They are recovering the messages.  In the end, it doesn't look like they will have lost anything.

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Not relevant to what I said.  I'm simply saying, everyone was losing their minds that somehow this glitch which seemed to cause the loss of the messages turned out not to be that big a deal.  They are recovering the messages.  In the end, it doesn't look like they will have lost anything.

Reports are saying the have recovered "some of them" not all. And this time yesterday the DOJ and FBI said they were all lost. So as I said, it's getting more interesting by the day.

3 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Reports are saying the have recovered "some of them" not all. And this time yesterday the DOJ and FBI said they were all lost. So as I said, it's getting more interesting by the day.

Ok.  It looks like they'll recover most of them.  My prediction in the end is that it ends up being no biggie.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Ok.  It looks like they'll recover most of them.  My prediction in the end is that it ends up being no biggie.

As I said in the beginning........time will tell. I predict there will be some revealing stuff and people will spend the usual yada yada arguing/spinning how much of a "biggie' it is.

On 1/23/2018 at 8:42 PM, Proud Tiger said:

More on the "Secret Society":

‘Secret Society’ FBI Text Actually Began With A ‘Beefcake’ Putin Calendar

The backstory to the message that’s been blowing up conservative media is pretty funny.

5a694da51600004500138c05.jpeg?cache=lscm

WASHINGTON ― It was hours after Donald Trump became the president-elect, and two FBI officials, like many of their fellow citizens, were flabbergasted. Peter Strzok and Lisa Page ― both of whom had worked on the FBI investigation into Hillary Clinton’s emails, which the former secretary of state would blame for her loss ― were worried about the future of their country and their agency.

One text that Page sent Strzok early on the morning of Nov. 9, 2016, has dominated the conservative media world this week, serving as a springboard for a Republican conspiracy theory suggesting that the nation’s premier law enforcement organization was plotting a coup against Trump within hours of his stunning victory.

“Are you even going to give out your calendars? Seems kind of depressing,” Page, a FBI lawyer, wrote in the text to Strzok from her FBI-issued phone. “Maybe it should just be the first meeting of the secret society.”

Republican lawmakers seized upon the “secret society” reference this week, claiming to see sinister motives, and it started popping up all over cable news chyrons. But, in fact, it was almost certainly a joke, a bit of gallows humor after an election that featured Russian interference.

So what was that “calendars” reference all about? Out of context, it’s a bit confusing. But the backstory is actually kind of funny. The New York Times first reported that the “calendars,” which the Times said had a “Russia theme,” were a gag gift for those working on the early Russia probe.

A source familiar with the text messages filled HuffPost in on the details. It turns out that, as a joke, Strzok had purchased calendars featuring “beefcake” photos of Vladimir Putin doing manly, tough-guy things like riding a horse.

5a6a31e02d00001f00942cfe.jpeg?ops=scalef

Subscribe to the Politics email.

How will Trump's administration impact you?

It’s unclear precisely which Putin calendar Strzok bought for the team or whether it was from 2016 or 2017. A 2016 calendar featured photos of the Russian president in camouflage, lighting a candle for Christmas, standing next to a horse, smelling a flower, working out in a gym, hugging a dog and fishing without a shirt. A 2017 calendar, per a CNN report, was available by mid-October 2016 at kiosks around Moscow.

What’s remarkable about the “secret society” text message is that it has been available to reporters for more than a month, as it was included in a first set of texts that the Justice Department sent to Capitol Hill (and allowed reporters to view) in December. But it wasn’t picked up, even by Fox News (which had access to the texts), because it seemed like such an obvious joke. 

That changed this week, when lawmakers began highlighting the one text on television.

Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.), a prominent promoter of the “secret society” text, admitted Thursday there’s a “real possibility” that it was just a joke.

But given how the “secret society” story dominated the news for days, that was kind of like closing the barn door after the president of Russia had stripped off his shirt, jumped on top of your favorite horse, and ridden off into the sunset.

PHOTO GALLERY

Putin Being Putin

Ryan Reilly is HuffPost’s senior justice reporter, covering criminal justice, federal law enforcement and legal affairs. Have a tip? Reach him at ryan.reilly@huffpost.com or on Signal at 202-527-9261.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/fbi-text-secret-society-putin-beefcake-calendar_us_5a6940d1e4b0e56300762ffe?ncid=engmodushpmg00000003

52 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

More on the "Secret Society":

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/23/fbis-strzok-and-page-spoke-secret-society-after-trump-election-lawmakers-say.html

Two top FBI officials under fire for exchanging anti-Trump text messages during the 2016 election spoke of a “secret society” the day after President Trump's victory, according to two lawmakers with knowledge of the messages.

Peter Strzok -- a top counterintelligence official involved in both the Hillary Clinton email probe and FBI Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia probe -- exchanged more than 50,000 messages with senior FBI lawyer Lisa Page, with whom he was romantically involved.

House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., and Rep. John Ratcliffe, R-Texas, said Monday that among the messages the pair exchanged are references to a “secret society” within the Department of Justice and the FBI.

:laugh:  :roflol:  :ucrazy:

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/23/fbis-strzok-and-page-spoke-secret-society-after-trump-election-lawmakers-say.html

Two top FBI officials under fire for exchanging anti-Trump text messages during the 2016 election spoke of a “secret society” the day after President Trump's victory, according to two lawmakers with knowledge of the messages.

Peter Strzok -- a top counterintelligence official involved in both the Hillary Clinton email probe and FBI Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia probe -- exchanged more than 50,000 messages with senior FBI lawyer Lisa Page, with whom he was romantically involved.

House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., and Rep. John Ratcliffe, R-Texas, said Monday that among the messages the pair exchanged are references to a “secret society” within the Department of Justice and the FBI.

:laugh:  :roflol:  :ucrazy:

I think you are focused on the wrong thing. Should the memo be released, I doubt the "secret society" reference you allude to will receive any play. 

14 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I think you are focused on the wrong thing. Should the memo be released, I doubt the "secret society" reference you allude to will receive any play. 

Since it doesn’t exist that’s probably a good bet.

Archived