Chan Gailey hospitalized with heart attack

CarolinaTiger

Guest Tigrinum Major
will go get link forthwithly.

150806[/snapback]

"forthwithly"? I know you didn't learn that word in Oneonta, Alabama.

Hate to hear that about Chan. I have always considered him one of the good guys.

got this from the AJC

Georgia Tech football coach Chan Gailey suffered a heart attack Monday morning.

Gailey, 53, was resting comfortably at Piedmont Hospital and is expected to be hospitalized three or four days, Tech spokesman Allison George said.

email THIS

PRINT THIS

MOST POPULAR

Gailey experienced chest pains early this morning while playing raquetball at the Georgia Tech Campus Recreation Center. He was taken to Piedmont, where he underwent a balloon angioplasty.

No further details were immediately available.

Gailey did not want the school to release any information about the extent of his blockage or how many arteries were affected.

Gailey, entering his fourth season as Georgia Tech's coach, has a record of 21-17 and has guided the Yellow Jackets to three straight bowl appearances, extending the school-record streak to eight years in a row.

This is considered a critical year for Gailey, who has been criticized for failing to match the success of his predecessor, George O'Leary. The Yellow Jackets have yet to win more than seven games in a season after eclipsing that total during the last four years of O'Leary's tenure.

Georgia Tech began spring practice last week with much of the attention focused on the quarterback position, where junior-to-be Reggie Ball is fighting to keep his job.

Gailey previously coached the Dallas Cowboys for two seasons, leading the team to an NFC East championship and consecutive playoff appearances. Despite that success, he was fired by owner Jerry Jones.

Gailey also worked as an assistant with the Denver Broncos, Pittsburgh Steelers and Miami Dolphins. He was a head coach at Samford and Troy State and served a one-year stint in the same position with the Birmingham Fire of the ill-fated World League of American Football.

gotta register

AJC Link

Guest Tigrinum Major
forthwithton?

not sure where i got the racketball part of the story...certainly doesn't appear to be mentioned in that article.

150811[/snapback]

Georgia Tech football coach Chan Gailey suffered a heart attack Monday morning.

Gailey, 53, was resting comfortably at Piedmont Hospital and is expected to be hospitalized three or four days, Tech spokesman Allison George said.

Gailey experienced chest pains early this morning while playing raquetball at the Georgia Tech Campus Recreation Center. He was taken to Piedmont, where he underwent a balloon angioplasty.

Yeah, I am not quite sure where you got that info... :poke:

Guest Tigrinum Major

Now that I have completely hijacked this thread, my work is done.

Get well, Chan, so we can give you heartburn in September.

Archived