as if we needed another reason to hate lsu

Erik81

Xavier Carter seems to have his head on correct.....as shown by my signature. Bright future ahead for sure.....

151363[/snapback]

hahahaha :lol:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair, I expect LSU's WR's to be very good. I think they may have the most talent at the position then anyone else in the SEC.

But that really means nothing unless the system and QB are working together.

I think UGA has as much talent if not more at WR then LSU but we are lacking experience so I would rather downplay them and make them show others what they have rather then pumping up their HS talent and saying they will show everyone this and that.....

Why don't we just wait for the season to actually start and the players to actually step on the field before we claim one squad better than the other.   :poke:

151409[/snapback]

Because all of your WRs return...as do almost all of ours.

We can fairly judge them as a unit based upon their past performance.

Just because your boys come up short under that analysis doesn't mean that we should refrain from the comparison.

Yes everyone returns, but every year is different. Just look at Jason Campbell as an example. How much was he criticized in his early years at Auburn? Then look how great he played his senior year. We never know who will play better or play worse.

Yes everyone returns, but every year is different. Just look at Jason Campbell as an example. How much was he criticized in his early years at Auburn? Then look how great he played his senior year. We never know who will play better or play worse.

151411[/snapback]

Right...and at the end of next season we'll re-evaluate. The question was: who, at this point in time, has the best receiving corps in the SEC? That is, who is returning the best receiving corps in the SEC?

To answer that question, you look at their performances to date.

Why don't we just wait for the season to actually start and the players to actually step on the field before we claim one squad better than the other.  :poke:

151409[/snapback]

This all started with your fanbase creating a thread that stated "awbarn will be 0-6 comin into baton rouge....yeeeeehaaww".

Yea I read that thread. Pay no mind to it. I think we all know Auburn will certainly not be 0-6... The Saints have a better chance of winning the Super Bowl than Auburn has of going 0-6.

you seem to be a levelheaded fan so i have a question that you probably know a LOT more about than me. do you honestly think the freshman perriloux (sp?) has a shot at starting? or is he just hot air ala folks predicting cox to start for us last year (which was never, ever going to happen)? are you worried that the qb shuffle could continue if russell struggles a little? or are you confident that the new staff will go with one guy?

you seem to be a levelheaded fan so i have a question that you probably know a LOT more about than me. do you honestly think the freshman perriloux (sp?) has a shot at starting? or is he just hot air ala folks predicting cox to start for us last year (which was never, ever going to happen)? are you worried that the qb shuffle could continue if russell struggles a little? or are you confident that the new staff will go with one guy?

151420[/snapback]

The chance of Perilloux starting is very, very slim. Obviously If Russell plays well, the job will remain his. If Russell struggles, its more interesting, but I still don't think RP will get the start, barring a total flop by Matt Flynn. Flynn is basically an unknown at this point b/c he hasn't gotten a lot of playing time. He hasn't looked particularly good when he has gotten on the field, but nobody's seen enough to really make a judgment.

We've all heard about how Perilloux can leap tall buildings, etc., but most people realize that its almost impossible for a freshman QB to be an effective starter at this level. There's just too much to know, and experience is just too valuable. Unless Perilloux is one of those once in a generation Vick-like freaks, who can dominate a game on pure athleticism, he's not going to start. Obviously, it would be great if he's that kind of talent, but only a fool predicts someone to be that good.

Most thinking LSU fans would much rather see Russell (only a sophmore) on the field so he can fully develop his obvious potential. Both he and Flynn would have to really tank before people who know what they're talking about start calling for Perilloux.

I really don't think Perrilloux has a shot at starting. Russell got some valuable experience last year. I have faith that he will do just fine this year. RP just has a big head in my opinion. As far as the qb shuffle, I don't see that happening again. That was all Nick Saban, and he is no longer here. I hope Les Miles sticks with Russell. Another thing that will help Russell is our recieving corp now has one whole year under their belt without Clayton and Henderson. Hopefully they take the experience they got last year and run with it. I also expect our running game to improve. Justin Vincent kind of fell off the face of the earth and Alley Broussard stepped into the spotlight. I expect Vincent to return to having stellar games along with Broussard and Addai. LSU's offense should be very very sick next year.

151420[/snapback]

You weren't asking me but I'll answer anyway.

He has a shot just like everyone else does. With a new coach everyone starts from scratch. If he can prove that he knows the playbook, can read defenses and hit his receivers better than Russell or Flynn then he'll start.

Do I think he will? No way.

We all know how tough it is to adjust to college ball in the SEC. Russell and Flynn now have 2 years under their belt while RP has none.

To win in the SEC you have to play your part in a system. Perrilloux has been "the man" his entire life and with his ego he thinks he can win games all by himself. I think Russell was a little bit like that when he got to LSU but I think he finally understands what it means to play within a system.

Russell is an incredible specimen who I think/hope will do very well this year. He's surrounded by a sick amount of talent and if he plays within the system LSU will go far.

Flynn is a HUGE ?. Reports are that he knows the offense inside and out. Can he play this year's Matt Mauck and make great decisions and just get the ball in the playmakers' hands? Remains to be seen.

Every scouting report I've seen makes Perrilloux out to be a GOD. He could have gone to any school he wanted. Personally I'm a little jaded about the entire recruiting hype machine and I'm going to reserve judgment on Perrilloux. I don't think anyone could live up to the hype this kid and everyone else has created.

Another thing to think about is Russell is still recovering from minor surgery. A little joint cleaning from what I understand. Will he heal 100% and be without pain? Hope so.

As of right now I think the only way Perrilloux plays is if Russell is injured and Flynn proves he just can't execute even the most basic requirements.

LSU fans flamed the hell out of me for it last year but I had two observations about LSU this time last year:

1. Jamarcus Russell reminds me alot of a young Jason Campbell-alot of raw ability that shows flashes of brilliance along with dumb/young decisions-Given the chance to grow up he could be very good

One LSU fan said he would kill himself if that were remotely true-I don't remember who :D

2. I thought LSU's offensive line and balance on offense made Justin Vincent look as good as he did-when LSU wasn't as balanced this past year he didn't look nearly as good as 2003-he has alot of speed but I do not know how much acceleration or body control

i got laughed at here in auburn when i told a friend of mine that's an lsu fan that justin vincent was clearly the third best back on the team. turns out i was probably right. i honestly don't expect to hear much from him any more. he reminds me of travis stephens. he got lots of touches for a really, really good team b/c all the guys in front of him were hurt and the guy his age (travis henry then, alley broussard now) was still developing. broussard is one of the top three returning backs in the sec. i really like that guy. but i honestly think jv is done. he was hype.

i don't know much about flynn except that saban put him in before russell at the capital one bowl. and i may be wrong, but i think okie state used to run a two-qb system when they had a mobile guy and a throwing guy, maybe two years ago. i just seems like the kid's stepping into a situation where no one has a big lead on him, and remember, some folks exceed the hype they get in high school (see: lebron james).

I think LSU will have a mediocre year at best. Maybe a 6-6 or a 7-5 year next year. The same idea will probably be AU next year too. But I would rather have a JaMarcus Russel than a Brandon Cox leading me down the field. :poke::big::lsu:

I think LSU will have a mediocre year at best. Maybe a 6-6 or a 7-5 year next year. The same idea will probably be AU next year too. But I would rather have a JaMarcus Russel than a Brandon Cox leading me down the field.  :poke:   :big:   :lsu:

151623[/snapback]

If both lsu and Auburn have 6-6/7-5 (bad) seasons, who wins the west in your opinion? Ark? Ole Miss? uat? No way...Auburn or lsu will win the west. And it won't be with an awful record like 6-6.

I would rather have a JaMarcus Russel than a Brandon Cox leading me down the field.  :poke:   :big:   :lsu:

151623[/snapback]

i.e. Oregon State and Iowa.

BC has ALREADY proven more as a qb than the lsWHO "player". :D

Take off the Auburn glasses tim...

I think Brandon Cox has a shot to be a great QB in the SEC, but Russell has proven more. He started games last year and has won SEC games. Brandon hasn't even had the chance to win an SEC game yet.

I think Brandon Cox has a shot to be a great QB in the SEC, but Russell has proven more. He started games last year and has won SEC games. Brandon hasn't even had the chance to win an SEC game yet.

151690[/snapback]

Great unbiased post! :cheer:

I think LSU will have a mediocre year at best. Maybe a 6-6 or a 7-5 year next year. The same idea will probably be AU next year too. But I would rather have a JaMarcus Russel than a Brandon Cox leading me down the field.  :poke:   :big:   :lsu:

151623[/snapback]

Please name the 5 teams that LSU and/or Auburn will probably lose to. No way either team loses 5. Auburn or LSU will win the West and Bama has an outside shot IF they can stay healthy. Not enough depth.

151690[/snapback]

Great unbiased post! :cheer:

151740[/snapback]

Yeah, but notice I did not say that Russell will be a better QB next year. I just said he has proven more thus far. I think Cox might give him a run for his money, but thats just my feeling on things.

Archived