as if we needed another reason to hate lsu

Erik81

from a national championship team.

You had an amazing season but Auburn did not win the national championship.

We return EVERYBODY except one

We return EVERYBODY. PERIOD.

151122[/snapback]

1. There's no such thing as THE national champion. Believe it if it helps you sleep better at night, but its nothing but a MYTHICAL national championship anyways.

2. Auburn Receivers caught 3086 yards last year.

465 of those yards were Carnell and Ronnie

187 of those yards belonged to Silas Daniels (a non-factor almost all year)

that leaves Auburn with 2434 RETURNING yds receiving.

Even though we rested the starters and only ran the ball after the 2nd QTR in like 4 games.

LSU had 2421 yds TOTAL last year.

Gimme a B

Gimme a U

Gimme an R

Gimme an N

Whats that spell....

BURN

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's for the best that the game is at Baton Rouge this year. It will keep the torch weilding mobs of LSU fans from burning down everything in sight plus it will keep that corndog smell from stinking up the loveliest village on the plains.

i think we are in almost the exact same spot with our qbs. russell has more starting experience. cox has more time in the program. neither has proved anything. russell has 5 games where he threw 15 passes or more. lsu's record in said games was 3-2. so i'd say he's got a lot more to do to prove he can lead a top tier team. cox sat behind the arguably the best qb in school history last year so all we can do is cross our fingers and hope some of it rubbed off on him. i'll call that a draw.

the recievers i don't call a draw. and no, i'm not joking.

you listed one guy who apparently wasn't on the roster last year (lafell). so listing freshmen or juco cats is just dumb. you have no idea what he can do. you listed xavier carter who had 5 catches for just over 100 yards on the year (wow, that kind of production is scary. jamoga ramsey, a 5'10" walkon, put up similar numbers for us last year). the only proven guys on that list are the top four. skylar green's biggest accomplishment to date is being a great 3rd receiver, and early doucet really hasn't done a lot in his career either.

our team has the three receivers coming back with over 25 catches and 300+ yards. courtney taylor has basically the same number of receptions and yards as craig davis, but he found the endzone 5 more times. i'll take that any day. obomanu had slightly less catches and yards than bowe, but he also found the endzone more. then comparing devin (23 rep., 500+ yards, 3 tds) to anyone else from last year's lsu team is sad. i guess the next guy would be early doucet or skylar green, but you'd have to combine their numbers to come even close to him (combined: 35 rep., 298 yards, 3 tds). that doesn't even get to anthony mix or cooper wallace who both put up better numbers than doucet or green.

i'm sorry, but based on what they've done. you can't compare the wide receivers b/c it's a landslide. i know qb play is a major factor, but like i said to start, i'd call that a draw. i'll take lsu's receivers from two years ago over this group every day, and i'll take auburn's receivers next year over anyone in the nation.

This has got to be the stupidest thread ever.

I didn't read the posted thread b/c its been removed, so I won't comment except to say that nobody with any sanity thinks Auburn will be 0-6. Clearly somebody was mouthing off, so please don't let it bother you.

151128[/snapback]

Well...you cant call this the stupidest thread ever until you read that other one on lsu's forum :lol: 0-6? I even heard we cant talk about your players because we tried to recruit them.....great stuff.

The only thing stupid is your annoying logic to this mess. I even had a guy reply saying that I thought just because our Wrs are seniors they are supposed to be automatically better? Well buddy, I did state they started since they were freshman...so with 3 years behind them starting...im going to have to answer a big YES DUMBASS.

And what's wrong with recruiting J. Russell? I'm sure we hit him hard trying to get him to come to AU. Who wouldn't? The guy was an absolute freak in high school and he looks like a tight end in person on the field. That being said, it still doesn't stop anyone from making the observation that despite having all the credentials and physical tools, he looks like he has a ways to go. I have said on several occasions that he is LSU's future and they should have turned the reigns over to J. Russell right from the start and either sink or swim with him. He'd probably be a lot farther along at this point.

Oh well, that's a moot point anyway with Perrilloux coming in to take over the team.

I know I'm gonna get pounced on but here it goes. we are not national champions. we were not recognized by the NCAA as national champions. Our season was amazing and we deserve to be NC, or at least a shot at it, but we aren't National Champions. wake up people. we didn't get the BCS trophy or the AP trophy. I think that it is crap, because when USC didn't get to go to the sugar bowl, they were still awarded with the trophy and the title. Yet when almost the same situation happens again, we don't get it. I know we have a trophy, but I don't count that one. It isn't very credible. Do yall claim 83 or 93 as National Championships for Auburn? There should have been two or even three champions this season, but as much as I would like to call us National Champions, I can't. WE SHOULD BE, but we can't really do anything about it. It was not fair that we didn't even get a chance, but apparently the Trojans are the gods of football and were the best team ever in college football. I'm not trying to discredit anything that we accomplished this season, but we give so much crap to bama for all of their "national championship" and that is one reason why I'm not claiming this season as one for us. The only National Championship that we've had was in 57.

Now that you're done kissing the corndogs' collective asses, try this. Returning receivers to a national championship CALIBER team. Does that help you? Whether or not the MNC was won, his point is clear.

NO FREAKIN WAY ARE THE STINKIN CORNDOG RECEIVERS BETTER THAN OURS.

I may get jumped on too Hansel, but I also have a problem claiming a MNC for AU this year for the very reasons you just listed. It's a screwed up system and a playoff is the only thing that will fix it in my opinion, but that system did not recognize AU as the NC.

Jaydubb is correct. Quick!.....Name ONE of the corndog recievers that you would TRADE for one of ours!?

I rest my case. :au:

Uh oh someone threw some stats out there and the corndogs go quite, figures. Why do some posters cut and copy certain parts of people's post so it makes their pathetic arguement look some what plausible. Way to take stuff out of context.

i'm sure some folks don't agree with me, but i do call last year a national title year for one reason: no one, under any circumstance, can say they were better than us, AND we were under no limitation by the ncaa. i don't claim 83 because we were beaten. so how can we even for a second say without doubt that we were the best? we lost a game! so we were obviously beatable. i don't claim 93 because we weren't allowed to win our conference, and i don't think you can claim a national title without a conference title. period. so we obviously weren't the champs. last year, we won the conference, and we won every other game during the season. there is no way to refute my claim that we were the best team in the country. no way. so as far as i'm concerned we were the champions of nation regardless of what bogus trophy we couldn't get because of a stupid system that has nothing to do with the game. last year was a national championship season.

i'm sure some folks don't agree with me, but i do call last year a national title year for one reason: no one, under any circumstance, can say they were better than us, AND we were under no limitation by the ncaa. i don't claim 83 because we were beaten. so how can we even for a second say without doubt that we were the best? we lost a game! so we were obviously beatable. i don't claim 93 because we weren't allowed to win our conference, and i don't think you can claim a national title without a conference title. period. so we obviously weren't the champs. last year, we won the conference, and we won every other game during the season. there is no way to refute my claim that we were the best team in the country. no way. so as far as i'm concerned we were the champions of nation regardless of what bogus trophy we couldn't get because of a stupid system that has nothing to do with the game. last year was a national championship season.

151196[/snapback]

I agree-the NC is a matter of opinion this year regardless of the media's assertions

151196[/snapback]

so are you saying that Utah should claim a NC. or that Boise State should claim one for going undefeated last season or whenever they did it? they weren't beaten. I know they didn't play they same competition, but it's the same principle. I believe that we could have beaten USC, but I also believe that they could have beaten us. I know that Oklahoma just rolled over for them, and it shows how good stoops is after poor performances in two straight NC games.

saying that utah or boise state have the same claim over a national title is as valid to me as saying georgia southern could claim a world championship when they were so good in division I-AA. it's dumb. there is no comparison. no team (aside from notre dame which is a special exception) from outside of the major conferences will ever be the national champion in the modern era. ever. same goes for basketball. it's just too large a jump in athletic caliber. i don't think utah could've beaten usc or auburn if they'd played 10 times. so no, i don't think they have a right to claim a title in the same way we do. coincidentally, urban meyer ageed. when asked on sportscenter, he said that utah should not weigh into the argument for the national title. if the coach thinks like that, who am i to disagree?

they weren't beaten. I know they didn't play they same competition, but it's the same principle.

it's not the same principle because there is a difference in competition-we played a harder schedule than USC-and anyone who calls USC national champs in 2003 shouldn't shun us this year-it's a matter of opinion and nothing else

and anyone who calls USC national champs in 2003 shouldn't shun us this year

Don't pay any attention to them. Everyone knows LSU is the 2003 National Champion.

natchampsig.gif

151244[/snapback]

i'll ignore them like i'll ignore people who say we are not the National Champs in 2004

I know we didn't win the coaches or the media polls but that's all they are-polls of opinions and obligation votes-neither which has any bearing on what happens on a football field

just to show how intelligent sports writers and experts are, espn had a panel group pick the national title game the day before. 9 out of 10 picked oklahoma b/c they were just too physical for usc. so if they were so wrong about that, why should i buy it when they say usc is better than auburn?

just to show how intelligent sports writers and experts are, espn had a panel group pick the national title game the day before. 9 out of 10 picked oklahoma b/c they were just too physical for usc. so if they were so wrong about that, why should i buy it when they say usc is better than auburn?

151251[/snapback]

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner!

The BCS is a messed up beauty contest. It is not legitimate. It is not valid. I don't care how many trophies they hand out. I don't even care if all the voters come to a unanimous result. It is still bogus because it's based on a false premise -- that the MNC should be determined between only two teams based on a combination of selected computer ranking systems & human polling (read subjective opinions) of sportswriters & coaches. Even the AP sportswriters pulled out because they recognize its just not right to be a part of something so wrong. That fact right there ought to be a slap in the face to the biggest defenders of the BCS system.

Not trying to downplay SC's season this year or LSU's last year. What they both accomplished is to celebrated. But their respective wins over OU only reinforces how inadequate the BCS system really is. How much more satisfying would the 2003 season have been if SC & LSU matched up for just one more game? What about an 8-team playoff between the 5 unbeaten conference champs plus the conference champs of Louisville, Michigan & Va Tech from last season? If one team won 3 straight games from that bunch then they could legitimately call themselves National Champs.

Hey, where'd this dead horse come from? :rolleyes:

Back to the topic -

I just want to know why the corndogs deleted the original thread off TigerForums? It bashed Auburn - why suddenly become all sensitive on this thread, as opposed to the BAZILLION other bash Auburn threads?

Archived