as if we needed another reason to hate lsu

Erik81

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so glad for this board.........

I have never seen so much dog **** on a thread. I mean they are like predicting the whole conference on that thread like they are the SEC gods or something.

Its one thing to talk about an opposing team....its another to just go out on a limb and predict auburn 0-6 going into BR....that is the worst prediction I have ever heard.

They really are ALMOST worst than bama fans :lol: actually, to be honest, they may be the worst because of the BIG HEAD SYNDROME.

I even saw a guy rip AUhansel apart for noting the bad play of Russel....A lsu fan tried to reply educationaly...but insisted since Auburn wanted to RECRUIT Russel...that we cant talk about him....GIVE ME A BREAK

LSU....for gods sake....at least talk like you got a brain. Dont go out posting threads predicting every rival y'all have as losing every game before visiting the HOLY BATON ROUGE.

Talk with facts, teams from undefeated seasons dont go 0-6 the next year....we didnt lose everyone on that team...and we reloaded. Not saying we will be undefeated, just adding some damn LOGIC to your 0-6 prediction lsu buddies.

i read it too. you can't do anything but laugh right? i mean nevermind the possibility that they'll again be starting a freshman by that point in the season (i expect perrileaux-ser to win the job by mid-season) russell still has a lot to learn. i don't see our qb situation being much different from their's. russell has what 5 starts to his name? he's seen more pt, but brandon's been in school longer. i really don't see a HUGE difference there. sure, i'd take the part-time starting experience, but it's not THAT big a deal.

we have better receivers than them, and for the second year in a row, we'll have a better defense. then again the game is a roadie so i expect them to be about a 4-5 point favorite. that's it. those cats are dilusional (sp?).

we have better receivers than them

LSU has arguably the best WR core in the country. You can't be serious.

Skyler Green

Dwayne Bowe

Craig Davis

Early Doucet

Xavier Carter

Brandon LaFell

Auburn has arguably the best receiving corps in the country:

Ben Obomanu

Devin Aromashadu

Courtney Taylor

James Swinton

Jamoga Ramsey

Lee Guess

Marice Anderson

I can be serious

Skyler Green

Dwayne Bowe

Craig Davis

Early Doucet

Xavier Carter

Brandon LaFell

151050[/snapback]

Hey why dont you not dodge the topic...and actually try to explain this LSU reasoning that were gonna be 0-6 going into baton rouge.

LSU's receivers have more pure track speed, but we have more proven talent and experience at WR. BTW, Erik81, you left Mix off that list.

LSU has arguably the best receiving corp in the country????

WTF :blink::blink::blink:

Based on WHAT? What did they do last year that makes someone say that?

Sounds like the same hype we all heard about Mr. Vincent coming into last season.

Auburn returns the ENTIRE receiving corp (save for Silas Daniels, who was not a factor last year) from a team that went 13-0. Do you not remember a guy named Courtney Taylor?

WTF :blink:   :blink:   :blink:

Based on WHAT?  What did they do last year that makes someone say that?

Sounds like the same hype we all heard about Mr. Vincent coming into last season.

Auburn returns the ENTIRE receiving corp (save for Silas Daniels, who was not a factor last year) from a team that went 13-0.  Do you not remember a guy named Courtney Taylor?

151081[/snapback]

I imagine they try to forget his name.

151084[/snapback]

Let's remind them...

thecatchlarge.jpg

WTF :blink:   :blink:   :blink:

Based on WHAT?  What did they do last year that makes someone say that?

151081[/snapback]

Hammer meet the nail!!

A good receiving corp won't do anyone the least bit of good if they don't have a QB that can get them the ball. It's kind of like having a Porche sitting in the driveway without any tires.

151084[/snapback]

Let's remind them...

thecatchlarge.jpg

151097[/snapback]

That catch is pretttty :lol::thumbsdown::lsu::thumbsup::au:

Skyler Green

Dwayne Bowe

Craig Davis

Early Doucet

Xavier Carter

Brandon LaFell

151050[/snapback]

Hey why dont you not dodge the topic...and actually try to explain this LSU reasoning that were gonna be 0-6 going into baton rouge.

151052[/snapback]

I never said, nor do I believe Auburn will be 0-6 coming into Baton Rouge.

A good receiving corp won't do anyone the least bit of good if they don't have a QB that can get them the ball. It's kind of like having a Porche sitting in the driveway without any tires.

And you think Auburn is better off with Cox than LSU is with Russell??

I've read on other forums about how LSU's WR corps is the best in the nation, bad thing is they aren't even the best in the SEC. AU's wideouts were very good last year and the only guy that is gone is Silas Daniels who didn't play that much but still caught the longest touchdown pass in school history. I watched LSU last year and I didn't notice anything special about their wr's, I did notice opposing wide recievers make plays against them i.e. Taylor (twice) and the kid from Iowa. If the Bayou Bengal's have such great wideouts, then why is every one talking about how they are going to have to rely on their running game in 05? But I'm a :homer: .

And you think Auburn is better of with Cox than LSU is with Russell??

151115[/snapback]

Nope, we think they are about equal...Russel showed me nothing last year of a qb that is above what we have right now. As far as WRs go....its stupid to say your receiving dept. is better.....We return EVERYBODY except one (who wasnt even a factor) from a national championship team. To go out on a limb and say that, well thats just not logical at all is it.

The guys we got returning started as freshman....and your telling me that during their senior years that they will not be as good as Lsu's?

Corndog logic never ceases to amaze me.

from a national championship team.

You had an amazing season but Auburn did not win the national championship.

We return EVERYBODY except one

We return EVERYBODY. PERIOD.

The guys we got returning started as freshman

That could just mean that the upper classmen sucked. In LSU's case they all started as freshmen with Michael Clayton and Devery Henderson.

I did notice opposing wide recievers make plays against them i.e. Taylor (twice) and the kid from Iowa.

I didn't realize LSU strated using their receivers as defensive backs.

If the Bayou Bengal's have such great wideouts, then why is every one talking about how they are going to have to rely on their running game in 05?

Everyone isn't talking about how LSU will have to rely on our running game. As an Auburn fan you should understand what a dominant running game can do. If "they" are all talking about having to rely on the running game it isn't because of te WR core it's because of the ? at QB. :rolleyes:

and your telling me that during their senior years that they will not be as good as Lsu's?

Corndog logic never ceases to amaze me.

So by your logic every senior on every team is automatically better than every freshmen, sophomore and junior on every other team?

Chicken logic never ceases to amaze me.

No, by our logic, we're saying that a group of receivers that are all juniors and seniors, that have been through the fires and come out on top, that are all 6'2" to 6'5" and run like gazzelles and are all athletic as hell, are at least as good as, if not better than LSU's receiving corp. It doesn't take much logic to figure that one out.

This has got to be the stupidest thread ever. Two teams with HUGE questions at QB bragging about how great their receivers are? Give me a break. I've got a really fast car in the driveway, but I'm not sure whether there's any gas in the tank.

I didn't read the posted thread b/c its been removed, so I won't comment except to say that nobody with any sanity thinks Auburn will be 0-6. Clearly somebody was mouthing off, so please don't let it bother you.

You're right, this is a ridiculous thread. It's just like all the ones arguing about which RB is better, Ronnie or Carnell. Both are outstanding, you really can't go wrong. Same with our receivers vs. LSU's receivers. I dare say 2 of the top 5 receiving corps in the nation. It's a wash if you ask me.

I can't believe they are STILL smarting over that 1 point win we put on 'em last year. <_<

I'l be headed to red stick AGAIN for the bi-annual tiger tussle over there. I go every other year. Stay in Nawlins... always fun. Great food and a little Harrahs. :D

Archived