Heath Evans signs with Dolphins

AURainman

And if they sign Ronnie Brown! Imagine, Ronnie + Heath Evans! I'll have to be a DOLPHINS fan from now on!!!Link

Dolphins Land Fullback Evans

The Dolphins have agreed to terms with Seahawks fullback Heath Evans, the former standout at King's Academy in West Palm Beach, on a 1-year deal.

Evans, 26, played in 61 games over the past four seasons, carrying 33 times for 108 yards while also making an impact as an effective blocker. Evans had 12 catches for 87 yards.

"I've been gone for four years and it would be great to come home," Evans said late Tuesday evening.

Evans' parents live in West Palm Beach. Evans said he's excited that Ava, his daughter, will turn 1 on April 1.

Evans, 6-foot, 245 pounds, rushed for 2,294 yards and 39 touchdowns as a senior at King's Academy, where he also played basketball before heading to Auburn.

"Rob Konrad was actually my recruiting host at Syracuse," Evans said. "He's a great guy. Once I saw the news about him, I knew I had a shot here."

Miami recently released Konrad, who did not want to take a pay reduction. Although offensive coordinator Scott Linehan's offense does not utilize the fullback in a traditional manner, Evans will have a chance to play some H-Back.

Evans is considered a good short-yardage back with some power who can break tackles and has above-average hands. He's simply been limited by playing behind fullback Mack Strong in Seattle.

Evans expects to sign the contract on Thursday.

That would be awesome to have him blocking for the HUMMER. Heath was a great player at Auburn and it is good to see he is still living his dream.

Archived