“Spygate,” the false allegation that the FBI had a spy in the Trump campaign, explained

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Why?

Because it is another rehash Vox article. Because this entire thing is nothing more than an effort to oust an elected President. First and foremost we would not have heard one damn thing about it had Hillary been elected.

If you deny the latter you are delusional Brother Homer. Most of us realize that Trump is jackass morally but he has done a great job of exposing his opposition.  

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Because it is another rehash Vox article. Because this entire thing is nothing more than an effort to oust an elected President. First and foremost we would not have heard one damn thing about it had Hillary been elected.

If you deny the latter you are delusional Brother Homer. Most of us realize that Trump is jackass morally but he has done a great job of exposing his opposition.  

First it's not a Vox story, they were merely reporting it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/30/us/politics/how-fbi-russia-investigation-began-george-papadopoulos.html

(They highlighted the link to the original source, as most news sources do.  Did you know that?)

Are you saying it's false?  It never happened?

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

read what I said brother Homer

Read what I edited, brother Salty.

It's a NYT article.  Are you going to simply dismiss the NYT?

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Read what I edited, brother Salty.

It's a NYT article.  Are you going to simply dismiss the NYT?

I am dismissing all of the Russia BS. You should dismiss to. Think of the countless and useless hours you have put into the effort. 

We are paying "Mullewe" to sort it out. Tickle me me if President Trump shut him down tonight ....before midnight. 

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

I am dismissing all of the Russia BS. You should dismiss to. Think of the countless and useless hours you have put into the effort. 

We are paying "Mullewe" to sort it out. Tickle me me if President Trump shut him down tonight ....before midnight. 

Salty’s a Russian bot. Hates America. Wants it in Putin’s back pocket. 

28 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Salty’s a Russian bot. Hates America. Wants it in Putin’s back pocket. 

Over 30% of the country still supported Nixon after Watergate too.  There could be unedited video proving things and some will still have their head in the sand.

19 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Over 30% of the country still supported Nixon after Watergate too.  There could be unedited video proving things and some will still have their head in the sand.

Trump called it. He could shoot a man in public and Salty wouldn’t care.

I am pointing out that the FEC was of course the go to then. Yet Gore famously quoted as saying that “there is no controlling legal authority” so it was all okay. Taking bribes from foreign govt and foreign people and entities like businesses has been absolutely illegal for decades. Yet, when the partisans want to make any point about how the other party is so much more worse than their chosen party the closer you look and remember, both of these parties are crooked to the core. I find it humorous that the people that were screaming for WJCs Head during Whitewater can’t find anything of substance in the Mueller Inv. The people that defended WJC are now clamoring for what look like money and business issues the Clintons had back then. What goes around comes around. Karma is indeed a bitch and both sides are reliving it today if they be honest. But no, the last thing American politics is is honest. 

22 hours ago, homersapien said:

If serious, that is a really disengenuous comment. 

Stupid even.

Well you are the local expert on stupid....you would know. Here I would normally ask a question. We all know that would be an exercise is futility. Homey NEVER answers any questions. EVER. 

13 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

I was about to say "with patriots like you......" , but clearly, you are no patriot.

How can you stand with the likes of Donald Trump at the expense of our country?  Do you think Trump, the Fuherer is the country? 

I never thought I'd see the day when so called "conservative" Republicans would align themselves with Russia and against their own country for the sake of politics.

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Well you are the local expert on stupid....you would know. Here I would normally ask a question. We all know that would be an exercise is futility. Homey NEVER answers any questions. EVER. 

:moon:

Truer words have never been posted here. Thank you. That's why he is on my ignore list.

I am pointing out that the FEC was of course the go to then. Yet Gore famously quoted as saying that “there is no controlling legal authority” so it was all okay. Taking bribes from foreign govt and foreign people and entities like businesses has been absolutely illegal for decades. Yet, when the partisans want to make any point about how the other party is so much more worse than their chosen party the closer you look and remember, both of these parties are crooked to the core. I find it humorous that the people that were screaming for WJCs Head during Whitewater can’t find anything of substance in the Mueller Inv. The people that defended WJC are now clamoring for what look like money and business issues the Clintons had back then. What goes around comes around. Karma is indeed a bitch and both sides are reliving it today if they be honest. But no, the last thing American politics is is honest. 

No one gives a s*** about your nihilistic, political philosophising. 

At end, it's just a fancy way of avoiding the immediate issue - Trump is desparately trying to undermine the Mueller investigation by direct attacks on our intelligence and law enforcement institutions.  And he is using propaganda tactics to build popular support for his nonsense.

This has the makings of a consitutional crisis - which is to say we are being tested by a would-be tyrant.

4 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Truer words have never been posted here. Thank you. That's why he is on my ignore list.

Keep posting PT.  You're doing great!

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

This has the makings of a consitutional crisis - which is to say we are being tested by a would-be tyrant.

Watching the Constitution work is not a crisis. 

http://emanuellevy.com/comment/john-wayne-and-presidential-elections-5/

John Wayne on Watergate:

Regarding Watergate as “a sad and tragic accident in history,” Wayne stated firmly: “They’re wrong, dead wrong those men at Watergate. Men abused power, but the system still works. Men abused money, but the system still works. Men lied and perjured themselves, but the system still works.” So optimistic was his belief in the American political system.

As Mr. Wayne said above, Watergate was obviously a very bad time in American Politics, BUT the system still worked. If Trump is found to have acted in anything impeachable I am still confident that he will be removed from office. These shrill banshee wails of "Trump is turning America into blah blah blah" are just crap. As Mr Wayne said, at the right time...THE SYSTEM WILL WORK. 

Watching the Consitution work is not a crisis. 

On 5/27/2018 at 12:25 AM, Brad_ATX said:

It truly is fascinating.   And not a little depressing.

On 5/27/2018 at 7:17 PM, DKW 86 said:

Watching the Constitution work is not a crisis. 

One does not "watch" the Constitution "work".  The Constitution does nothing without the the work of the citizens, acting through their governmental representatives.

People sitting back to "watch the Constitution work" is what causes the crisis.

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

One does not "watch" the Constitution "work".  The Constitution does nothing without the the work of the citizens, acting through their governmental representatives.

People siting back to "watch the Constitution work" is what causes the crisis.

Excuse you, but who the hell do you think is going to sit back and do nothing? 

What can anyone "DO" at this moment? There is nothing impeachable that we know about as of yet. Or are you claiming some special power that not even Mueller has?

On 5/25/2018 at 1:07 PM, homersapien said:

Don't be so clueless.  Please read the article.

This was not about investigating Trump.  It was about investigating Russian involvment in the Trump campaign.  Any candidate worthy of being president should welcome the FBI checking that out.  (Unless, of course they were guilty of a conspiracy to conceal such involvement.)

In short, the FBI were doing their job - protecting us from nefarious actions by a hostile state.  We don't yet know the full implications of why Trump is attacking them for doing so.

Meanwhile, try not to be "useful idiot".   

Yet the party and the candidate that actually needed the protection from Russian interference got none.

5th grade explanation.....

3 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Excuse you, but who the hell do you think is going to sit back and do nothing? 

What can anyone "DO" at this moment? There is nothing impeachable that we know about as of yet. Or are you claiming some special power that not even Mueller has?

Excuse you (:dunno:) but I think everyone who blindly supports Trump will sit back and ignore whatever findings emerge - i.e.: "do nothing".  This includes most Republicans and many on this very forum.  Thus the Constitutional crisis.  The Constitution doesn't enforce itself.

I didn't say there is anything to be DONE "at this moment", except for maybe acknowledging what Trump is trying to do by discrediting the investigation.   

I am not claiming any "special power" for Mueller, nor do I understand how you inferred such.

1 hour ago, WDavE said:

Yet the party and the candidate that actually needed the protection from Russian interference got none.

5th grade explanation.....

Sorry, I don't understand the point you are trying to make.  You need to explain it. 

(Ask kevon or PT to help if necessary, they apparently understood it. :-\)

Just to clarify, by "protecting us from the actions of a nefarious state" I meant assuming the responsibility of initiating an investigation to see if it was true.  Assuming you accept that Russian attempts to impact our elections represents a threat to our country, that protects all of us. 

6 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

You said we need to do something now. What do we do?

Not in the post you responded to.  If I said it somewhere else, please quote me.

(Or is this the part where you accuse me of lying because I don't agree with some mistaken inference you made?)

Archived