In Love With Death

Tigermike

You could just as easily write an article called "Afraid to Die" with the opposite spin on it.

Can someone answer this for me? I heard somewhere that she is in her condition due to the effects of anorexia nervosa, and have no idea if it is true. Does anyone know how she got where she is?

152651[/snapback]

Yes -

She suffered catastrophic brain damage in 1990 when her heart stopped because of a chemical imbalance that was believed to have been brought on by an eating disorder.

Link

So we shouldn't defend ourselves against terrorists? We should just let them kill us in the name of Allah?

Under these circumstances we shouldn't have gotten involved in ww 1 or 2. Should have just let Hitler take our country.

Isn't it a little ironic that on Good Friday we are discussing whether or not a death penalty is acceptable in God's eyes? I realize we are discussing the death penalty within our judicial system but: Isn't it a little ironic that on Good Friday we are discussing whether or not a death penalty is acceptable in God's eyes?  I mean didn't He require sacrifice and death?

Oh and BTW, Tex you are asking good questions and Titan you are explaining very well and making great points.  Just thought to let you both know.

152789[/snapback]

Christ died to pay the price of our sins so that we would not have to pay the same price if we accepted him as our savior. Which could raise the question as to whether the death penalty was still necessary in God's eyes after Christ died on the cross. Until God decides it is time, each person may still have salvation. Man interferes with that process by taking the life of the person. Beyond that, though, Christ was put to death by the state for a crime he did not commit. In that way, his death may also serve as a statement against the death penalty.

152796[/snapback]

Tex, I hate to interupt here but..

Romans 3:23

"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."

Romans 6:23a

"...The wages of sin is death..."

Therefore we are under a death sentence now, because of adultery murder, lust, etc. David was "Saved" because he accepted his salvation as a believer and he was also "punished." His first son with Bathsheba was killed for David's transgressions.

153131[/snapback]

Thanks for the limited excerpt. This passage helps to make my point:

22But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life. 23For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Since we have all sinned and come short of the glory of God, in the days of the old testament, we were under an irrevocable death sentence. But Christ bore the weight of our sins and allows us to escape the death sentence of the old testament. We no longer have to pay that ultimate price if we accept Christ as our savior. Christ changed the whole equation on which Titan's arguments are based.

"For this is My blood of the New Testament , which is shed for many for the remission of sins"

(Matthew 26:28 KJV)

Isn't it a little ironic that on Good Friday we are discussing whether or not a death penalty is acceptable in God's eyes? I realize we are discussing the death penalty within our judicial system but: Isn't it a little ironic that on Good Friday we are discussing whether or not a death penalty is acceptable in God's eyes?  I mean didn't He require sacrifice and death?

Oh and BTW, Tex you are asking good questions and Titan you are explaining very well and making great points.  Just thought to let you both know.

152789[/snapback]

Christ died to pay the price of our sins so that we would not have to pay the same price if we accepted him as our savior. Which could raise the question as to whether the death penalty was still necessary in God's eyes after Christ died on the cross. Until God decides it is time, each person may still have salvation. Man interferes with that process by taking the life of the person. Beyond that, though, Christ was put to death by the state for a crime he did not commit. In that way, his death may also serve as a statement against the death penalty.

152796[/snapback]

Therefore we are under a death sentence now, because of adultery murder, lust, etc. David was "Saved" because he accepted his salvation as a believer and he was also "punished." His first son with Bathsheba was killed for David's transgressions.

153131[/snapback]

22But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life. 23For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Since we have all sinned and come short of the glory of God, in the days of the old testament, we were under an irrevocable death sentence. But Christ bore the weight of our sins and allows us to escape the death sentence of the old testament. We no longer have to pay that ultimate price if we accept Christ as our savior. Christ changed the whole equation on which Titan's arguments are based.

"For this is My blood of the New Testament , which is shed for many for the remission of sins"

153164[/snapback]

Tex, Romans is a NT scripture that is used with NON-believers. Commonly called the Roman's Road. Roman's Road to Salvation

Matthew is actually and arguably an OT economy and does not literally apply to a NT believer. That is why Matthew and Luke start with genealogies that only a Jew would understand and be interested in the first century.

"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD OF TRUTH." 2 Timothy 2:15.

Larkin's Great Works on OT and NT Studies

152789[/snapback]

152796[/snapback]

153131[/snapback]

153164[/snapback]

Tex, Romans is a NT scripture that is used with NON-believers. Commonly called the Roman's Road. Roman's Road to Salvation

Matthew is actually and arguably an OT economy and does not literally apply to a NT believer. That is why Matthew and Luke start with genealogies that only a Jew would understand and be interested in the first century.

"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD OF TRUTH." 2 Timothy 2:15.

Larkin's Great Works on OT and NT Studies

153187[/snapback]

Thanks for the tip. You didn't address the larger point, but thanks anyway.

We are all still under a death sentence, not just those alive in OT times. This passage is addressed to NON-believers. In Larkin's book he does a great job of explaining the concepts of Paradise and Heaven and how truly different they are in a Biblical Context.

The concept of a death sentence for any sin is still as accurate today as it was right after the fall of Adam and Eve. We only die now because of sin, any sin.

We all serve under a death sentence, everyone of us. Is God unrighteous because we get what we deserve?

Hope this helps.

Romans 5:12, 17a, 18a, 19a

12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned--17a For if by the one man's offense death reigned through the one, 18a Therefore, as through one man's offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, 19a For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners,

We are all still under a death sentence, not just those alive in OT times. This passage is addressed to NON-believers. In Larkin's book he does a great job of explaining the concepts of Paradise and Heaven and how truly different they are in a Biblical Context.

The concept of a death sentence for any sin is still as accurate today as it was right after the fall of Adam and Eve. We only die now because of sin, any sin.

We all serve under a death sentence, everyone of us. Is God unrighteous because we get what we deserve?

Hope this helps.

Romans 5:12, 17a, 18a, 19a

12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned--17a For if by the one man's offense death reigned through the one, 18a Therefore, as through one man's offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, 19a For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners,

153216[/snapback]

My point is that before Christ, there was no way to avoid that death sentence. Now there is.

Archived